20 years old

>20 years old
How long have I got, lads?

-3 years

Depends - could just be a "mature hairline" (although I hate the term). Does your family have a history of male pattern hair loss? Have you considering taking medication like Propecia / Avodart?

It really seems like baldness has been all but cured if you're

Too much miniaturization at the front to be a mature hairline.
Could be 1 year until you're George Costanza, could be 10 years.
If you want to be safe, you need to take the medication

Balding isn't linear, but my estimate would be 5 years before it becomes "dude just buzz it" thin.

But by then there should be more effective treatments out.

Long term usage of 5-AR inhibitors is far from ideal. Especially Dutasteride usage, that shit makes Fin look like candy.

Get on finasteride and minoxidil and see if you get side effects. Avoid balding at all costs unless you've got a nice skull. r/tressless has good info.

I'm the same exact same bro. Widow's peak suicide pact when?

you are retarded

pigfuck is that you?

pigfuck is dead

you just gotta own it, don't let fucking hair ruin your life

what cut do i get for that to not look so sad ?

>all males on both sides of my family have mpb
>take shitloads of accutane and creatine on top of that
>21

need a cut for a couple of years until i jump on dat hgh for maximum hair

am i the only one who things receding hair combed backwards look great? sure, you won't be able to pull off yeezys with sweatpants asthetic, but if you dress like an adult you'll look fine

What's wrong with my hairline

So, I'm about a Norwood 2.5, been balding for a little less than three years. When I started balding slicked back undercuts were the thing and I wore one of those for a while, and it looks pretty decent.

Right now I wear my hair combed back with a matte finish product and a bald fade, sorta similar to Morrissey. In my opinion its making the best out of a bad situation, and I still think it looks pretty good. I'm only 24, but I feel like at this point I could dress a little more youthful if I wore a buzz cut or something, but it works fairly well with a slightly smarter style.

i've stopped using any products in my hair because i watched too much alex jones

now its greasy

does nopoo only work if you still condition?

You've got a female type hairline. Shit you not.

Just rock the Aaron Paul look. Keep it short and a lil shaggy.

You'll thank me later op.

nopoo is a bad meme, your scalp needs to be cleansed.

Use a shampoo and conditioner that don't contain sulfates silicones parabens 2-4 times a week

There won't be. There will only be finasteride and minoxidil, just like for the past 30 years. And for the next 30 years. We've made no progress.

Get on Finasteride ASAP OP.

I've been on Finasteride for over a year with solid results; I have maintained my hair with some slight thickening.

Shit, I knew my oval-shaped face is more feminine than masculine, but I've never seen a similar hairline on other oval faces men.

buzz time

how come no one on this board knows what a widow's peak is

Is is receding? I'm 19.

Yes, it isn't bad though. Get on Finasteride now to prevent further loss.

To anyone considering hopping on Finasteride. Get some baseline hormonal blood work done.

>Total testosterone
>Free testosterone
>DHT
>SHBG
>Prolactin
>Estradiol

>Full thyroid panel

what are those sunglasses hnnnggg

>knit tie
hnnnnnngggggg

fugg jack had great style in the day

>

Looks good to me, senpai.

I think not, it looks fine. Just watch if it moves back. Don't worry about it too much.

what do you mean how long? If your already balding you are already fucked. You should probably kill yourself because balding is a genetic sign to women that you are unfit for reproduction

sure if you're 35-40+, not in your 20s

feminine penis

I have a widows peak pretty bad how do i cut my hair?

fa is completely retarded when it come to balding paranoia.
They wouldn't even bother to compare their hairline to what it was some years ago.
>Just buzz it!! XD

If it helps OP, I have pretty much the exact same hairline - Always had it, actually. It's a widows peak.

I'm 25 and no signs of balding. My Dad is 60 and has the exact same hairline too, and while he's thinning a bit, is still rocking a full head of hair

tfw born with a receding hairline
just fuck my shit up family

fucking this, plus i have a widows peak so it looks even worse. how do you have yours cut?

chinatown jack nicholson was Veeky Forums af

All longterm studies shown on fin/dut have shown not only is long term use safe, but that side effects can ware off with continued use.

>Dut making fin look like candy.
the change in DHT percentage from advodart and fin is only 20%. You're unlikely to experience sideeffects with dut than with fin, but if you do actually feel minor sides with fin they could be greatly exagerated with dut.

I started dut a month ago and feel no different, if anything i feel better because of the switch. My friends brother claims to have jumped on DUT right away and regrew most of his head after about 7 months. But he also uses steroids.

all that being said, the closest thing to a cure/more effective treatment was replicel, but things haven't gone so well and now shisedo is getting cold feet.

We likely won't have anything viable or even close to affordable till 2025. And then, much like HT's now, surgeons/docs will recommend/require atleast a year of finasteride till they consider invasive treatment

Getting bloods are irrelevant. When going through human trials for hairloss bloodwork was never done to verify hormonal level at any stage of treatment.

I'm not so sure about the claims that long term usage would be safe.

I was on Fin for around 7 months before the sides got unbearable, they built up over time before they hit me like a ton of bricks one morning. The lowered libido was fine, the weaker erections I could counter. But it was the mental side effects that scared the hell out of me.

That's where I drew my line.

honestly thats where i said i would draw my line also. In all seriousness, i'm not very good looking and don't got a whole lot going on for me, so i kind've just started down the road of improving myself everyway i could. And on that road i started to lose my hair. Gave fin a try, over a year and a couple months, it slowed down alot, thickened my crown, but the rest of my head was still getting worse. No sex side effects, except my semen was basically water when first starting, but that got better with time.

I really feel like i need my hair to keep myself from getting anyworse of than i currently look. I'm not insecure about how it look to the point where it's negatively affected my life, i work around it, i get with girls. I dont do bad for myself all things considered. I know things would get alot worse though if i was bald.

So i start Duta. Month in, front loaded 1.5mg/10 days at first, 0.5 a day, things are going well. nothing new to report. My balls may have been achy cause by dut at first, maybe maybe not but its gone.

Mentally, i need to be at my game. i've sturggled with ADHD my entire life, and anxiety issues exaberated by it. I told myself, okay the libido can take a hit, the erections could get bad, but i'd wait it out and if they got bad or never got better i'd stop. But mental side effects i straight up cannot and will not put up with. If they ever arrive i'll quit instantly (especially considering Duta's halflife)

So i completely get where your comming fomr. but theres this hysteria with PFS (post finasteride syndrome) that really fuck with people's perseption of the medication. i don't genuinely believe in it, nothing scientifically says backs it.

Realsitically, i think everyone who's balding is stupid not to try fin. If you get sides, you can see if they absolve with continued treatment, or just stop it and move on. Side effects go away just like 99% of all pharmaceutical medications. Might as well try.

that being said, there have been a number of long term studies showing the safety profile of both medications. Obviously everyone reacts differently, and side effects can sneak up on you. But atleast you tried, so now you atleast know.

What you see on forums is alot of people avoid it like the plague, then their hairloss gets so bad that they start even though they were and still are so anxious about it. Fucks with you mentally then you start having side effects that are probably in your head.

The likely hood of sideffects is small with finasteride, like 2% compared to 1.6% with placebo. I think that says alot. DHT does play a role in sexual/mental function, so obviously taking a drug that inhibits DHT by 65% can have a negative effect on the user. But after puberty, a biologically matured male won't feel much different with higher or lower DHT levels, it all depends on the individual.

Reducing DHT in an adult male shouldn't in itself be too hazardous. But it's the way that it's done, by inhibiting the 5-AR enzymes (seeing how they're present in the brain, spinal chord, nervous system and whatnot) that can cause side effects in individuals such as myself via collateral damage.

Truthfully, I disregarded those who reported mental side effects as paranoid hypochondriacs before I got them myself. "Brain fog" is very real and absolutely the most insidious of side effects.

But hey, at least I tried it. Now I just gotta recover, my hairloss will be taking the back seat until I've done so.

From what I know they're conducting a few PFS studies at the moment, the Harvard study showed that the brain sexual circuitry is fucked and lowered levels of certain neurosteroids. An Italian study is pushing the hypothesis of 5-AR methylation and another is seeing if there have occurred any epigenetic changes.

I would love to see any studies about PFS if you could share them, i'll look for them in the meantime. But i stand by my statement earlier where i don't believe it's this crazy syndrome that irreversibly damages your body to the point where no other treatment will cure/elleviate symtpoms.

I totally get what your saying, obviously it isn't ideal fucking with your body chemistry for the sake of hairloss, sometihng so superficial and geniunely only cosmetic. But it's all we have to fight it, and no other alternative seems to be optional for quite sometime.

search google for
"Risk of erectile dysfunction associated with use of 5-α reductase inhibitors for benign prostatic hyperplasia or alopecia" and "Characteristics of Men Who Report Persistent Sexual Symptoms After Finasteride Use for Hair Loss"

2 very recent (within last year) studies based around the potential negative effects of finasteride

It's definately a role of the dice, and obviously can have some serious consequences, but they shouldn't be permanent. Alot of one's sexdrive and erectile ability has alot to do with mental state. So yes, finasteride can have sides, but if you dissapate use and have the mindset of "omg i could potentially never get aroused again" and keep checking/asking if you can, the anxiety will take a tole. I went through this with my first trial of finasteride, only got about 3 weeks into it before i decided "i was ruining my body". Kept asking "am i able to get full aroused", "is this even turning me on or am i trying too hard to get it too". Right from taking my first pill, it was horrible. Witihin a about 2 months after quiting i was fine. decided 6 months after that to try again. felt no different. Alot to do with my perception of the drug.

I geniunely believe it's worth a try as long as you're comfortable with the reality it might not work and you just might end up bald. Starting treatment being mentally sound is hugely important

I'm honest to god almost positive you'll be fine, just move on with your life and focus on other things. Buzz your head don't let your hairloss be a thing that bothers you. It's good you atleast tried, because now you know.

Nothing wrong with being bald, i just want a say in the matter.

Yeah I'm hoping I'll be fine. Blood tests taken a two months ago revealed wonky levels of SHBG and E2. Hoping things will be better in a month.

My hair starting thinning at 16 and I've buzzed it once a week since I was 18. It's really not a big deal as long as you're not ugly as fuck and have some confidence. Way better than holding on to shitty hair forever or taking medication. At least I think so, if your self worth is so tied up in your hair then by all means.

be grateful its from the hairline and slowly receding(im assuming)

I started blading rapidly from my scalp and hairline when I was 22, by my 23rd birthday that shit was already noticeably bald.

I don't think it's that bad yet. Mine is similar but I shave it.

yeah i've been wondering about this

how much about all of this is actually understood versus just shitposting?

i lost a bit of hair around the temples during a stressful year at uni that never grew back in, but it's like 5 years later and it never progressed past that

>but if you dress like an adult you'll look fine
>Posts a 40-year-old picture of a A-list celebrity actor wearing thousands of dollars of material, from a fashion designer, with a fashion team of stylists in a black/white shot
Yeah sure

highly doubt he's wearing suit worth thousands of dollars, but even if he is, what's not adult about it? spending a lot of bills on nice clothes isn't a meme, wearing whatever the hype is