Are there any battles where one sides wins using completely only tactics...

Are there any battles where one sides wins using completely only tactics. No battles where the winners outnumber the loser. Bonus points for battles where winners are outnumbered

>Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Kerch_Peninsula
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk#Battle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_guard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Somosierra
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kalavrye
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal

most battles fought in italy he was outnumbered, his cavalry cucked most others, based but we all die one day

Look up Khalid ibn al Walid. The man was a monster of tactics, basically all of his early battles of islamic conquest were won on tactics alone.

The famous meme: Finland vs URSS? Finland didn't technically win, but it did in our hearts.

Mannstein you absolute madman

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Kerch_Peninsula

All of these are nice

Cannae is your posterchild of a tactical victory when outnumbered. Military commanders have spend thousands of years trying to copy Hannibal's envelopment of a larger army by a smaller one and only few have succeeded.

there's quite a few examples from the American Civil War as well. Chancellorsville, Fredericksburg, Cold Harbor, victories such as that have earned Robert E. Lee the reputation as a Hannibal of the New World.

Anglos are still buttblasted.

>anglos
>only in one of these battles
?

Anglos paid the coalition to fight Napoleon

I wouldnt be all to eager to fight if i was paid by the eternal anglo to do so either.

The most obvious answer is "Alexander v Darius IV".

Guagamela was Darius III.

The entirety of the North African Campaign in WW1. General Paul Emil von Lettow-Vorbeck was constantly outnumbered and sometimes outflanked, but never defeated in the African bush.

Doesn't construe as a battle but the guerrilla warfare used by the Vietnamese. That was quite remarkable.

There's no Darius IV for the matter.

Care to show some summarized introductory examples, since he is not as famous as the others?

At this point we all here know his results, but not his methods. I didn't even know they were well described in the sources.

Not North Africa.

Battle of Königgrätz and the rest of the Austro-Prussian War really. Closely aligned with the use of the Dreyse gun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk

read up on these

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk#Battle

basically a very efficient cavalry manouvers, which was his trademark, he also created his own elite light cavalry regiment for his conquest

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_guard

They say USSR won the war but Finland came a close second

IIRC during the battle of Qadaisiyah he had some reinforcements, not a lot but around 4,000 so he made them come in tiny contingents so it seemed like had a stream of reinforcements which demoralized the persians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Somosierra

Charge and hope for the best is a valid tactic

>Killing the enemy generals early on in the game will give the enemy forces a huge morale penalty.

2016 republican presidential primary

>Are there any battles where one sides wins using completely only tactics

There is no such thing. When there is a battle pitched and both generals are of the same skill and the land is equal and no one has a clear advantage the win is decided by heaven and the actual force itself (the individuals).

500 people did not beat 150,000. How the fuck.

Gunpowder vs Savages.

Mesoamericans were terrible at conventional warfare.

That's... a bit beyond terrible. Even 5,000 men could just run into the Spaniards and kill them all. I can't even comprehend that level of pussiness.

If it makes you feel any better user the numbers are very likely exaggerated

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kalavrye

This was as confused as fuck but whatever. Nice job Alexios. Nikephoros Bryennios the Elder is p cool though.

No, I just have even less respect for mexiniggers now.

Well , be in their shoes, imagine how loud those gunshots were - 500 odd of them, something you have never heard before.

If aliens rocked up here right now I am almost certain a few of them could take out a shit tonne of our military, with very few of theirs needed.

What about Wellingtons flank attack in India?A night march put his entire army on the Mad Madhibs flank and proceeds to roll it up.

Same thing should have happened at Anaheim

Sweden rekt everybody so hard in the Great Northern War

Shame that Poltava happened