Do any of you start your own trends?

Do any of you start your own trends?

Or do you all do the Kanye west shoes/thin pants, Nazi haircut and effay shirt.

This is a thread for Trendsetters. Please post photos of your fashion statement.

pic related, it's what I wear (robe, sandals, shorts, and a luxury watch). Think bald, bearded junkie with a Rolex Daytona.

>Asks if people dress in their own style
>Starts off the thread by implying he dresses like The Dude

>start your own trends

only a tiny number of people in a generation can set trends or be the paradigm shifters.

nobody on this board is part of that group and you're lying to yourself if you think you are unique in any way.

This is true but, there are dozens of people from this board who are one or two degrees away

Well when I was in high school
>>class 16
I always got compliments and occasionally wore stuff before other kids did. But, I wasn't exactly effay then.

Alright MDE calm down

I don't set trends but I try to develop my own style. I really like the slp aesthetic but thing it's outplayed and uninspired on it's own so I combine that with a British mod and 80s indie style, I am English so like to channel that and I think it works well and fashionable people tell me they love my style. I usually wear black chelsea boots, black jeans, Fred perry, denim jackets

Not sure if other have thought of this before me, but I started something I call Jedi-core. Don't have pics of me wearing it, but you get a long cardigan (like pic related) and layer it one side on top of the other a bit like a kimono then tuck it into your trousers.

you've literally just described the "slp aesthetic" twice

>implying doing an ironic throwback to something no one else is wearing isn't a fashion statement in itself

Been trying to wrangle a mix of Irish cable knit sweaters and fancy handmedowns into something that harkens back to the 60's.

more inspo

Wear Pretty Green, not Fred Perry dickhead boy. Goes 30x better with the SLP.

I don't really think about trends, but i do develop my own taste. Adopted from different styles that impressed me

Nope, i buy clothes like 1 or 2 times a year and i prefer to shop at the trift shop. I know that i don't look "really good" with my fits to most people but idc. I bought my first and only bw parka (a winter version i think, can post a pic tommorrow) in 2013 when wearing a parka was hobo core. Now everyone owns a parka, but my old trusty one will outlive them all. So yes, i dont care what people think and i wear what i want, if it becomes a trend i end up in the hipster corner, so why bother. You should never try to "start your own trend" but rather shit on peoples opinion and start wearing what you like. Much, much love from germany friendo, keep it up.

Im not some social media influencer who has any legitimate power to start trends

But im often ahead of them- I wore levis Sherpa before Shia, Gosha since aw14, young Leo haircut since 2013, cropped pants since 2012

post example

Its legitimately impossible to start a new trend. Unless you can physically make your own clothes but it all just becomes a reference to something that has already been made.

I started a Fila Workshift trend

ITT: Pathetic children.

I'm a young individual in my early 20's who lives by himself in a residential neighborhood with nothing but families. Many of which have teenagers who are trying to stand out. You have the basic kids, the conservatives, the tumblr fags, the jocks, the goths, etc. And they all fucking love even me even though I don't do shit or even socialize with anybody much around here. A lot of them mimic my clothes and ask me for the brands of stuff I wear. The teen girls always try and pester me into letting them wear my sweaters and the guys always ask me for advice on women even though I'm autistic as fuck. I wear a rick sweater and all the girls wanted to wear it, the guys wanted to have it. I wear a lot of white poplins and so I saw quite a few guys wearing them a while after. There's a TON of examples of them copying certain articles of clothes, color schemes, etc.

It's a ruse, has to be. Nobody could envy me

jedi-core is just tall drapey fabrics with layers not new (also rick)

I up voted this comment

I thought we decided that was nazgul-rider-core

I get two of the same boots, one black and the other brown. Usually wear them with black jeans. The tops usually are gray, black, or beige. With different jackets depending.

Honestly, this is the conclusion I've reached, too. Or at least, pretty much. I mean, there are always going to be new combinations of consumer goods that you can throw together, but all you're doing is buying and displaying what some designer somewhere created. The only people who are true trendsetters are the designers themselves.