Is it weird to wear watches these days?

Is it weird to wear watches these days?

It is unless you're a 40yo man in a suit

No, especially if you want to be taken seriously.

No

Arguably no, but the issue is that mediocre watches are now available for such low cost that every jerk-off freshman can sport one and think they're effay.

Definitely not

lol did you hear that from your dad? that is 100% dadtalk right there, along with 'people give a shit about handshakes'

>people give a shit about handshakes

But they do, you limp wristed twink

>I've been commended for a firm handshake
>I have judged men correctly based on their weak handshake

Nope. At my work the only clocks we have are in the break rooms/time clocks/workstations you have to be logged into.

"What time is it." Is a question I hear everyday

>mfw I always try to give good handshakes but my hands are either coated in lubriderm or bone dry because accutane

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

IT IS NOT "WEIRD", BUT UNNECESSARY, UNLESS WHEN IN A RURAL/WILD ENVIRONMENT AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION, OR WHEN PRACTICING A SPORT ACTIVITY.

>someone asks for the time
>he pulls out his smartphone

I use mine to peep the time without pulling out my cellphone. It's useful for if you want to be subtle about it (like if you're in a boring conversation) or if you're somewhere pulling out a phone might be discouraged (in class, church, a movie, a concert, etc).

As far as I'm concerned, not wearing a watch because you have a smartphone that has the time on it is like not wearing a watch because you live in a city with a clock tower. What if you can't see the tower or pull out your phone? You look at your watch, duh. It's just convenient.

BEST FUCKING REASON EVER, same reason as mine

>not holding your phone in your hand all the time

Post some watches that aren't I'm-a-big-boy-now-core.

>"What time is it." Is a question I hear everyday
And you wonder why is important to wear a watch?
How much of a retard are you?

>dragon

w2c

No, but don't bother if you're not going to be invested enough in it to get a good watch.

doesn't obnoxiously ask for attention as a watch, but simply finishes the outfit

fucking love this watch, it ain't expensive either

>Is it weird to wear watches these days?
Of course not.

But you don't have to feel pressured into buying something expensive or not wearing nothing at all.

Buy something you like, and between your means. If you read, learn and lurk before you buy, you'll probably make a wiser choice.

cheers
>pic related, my Chronometré Bleu

w2c sneg

Awesome watch
jelly/10

He's saying "nope it's not weird to wear a watch"

Very sexy. How much you spend?

depends on the outfit imo

I find it useful when I need to check the time frequently, so I don't have to constantly get my phone out of my pocket.

I wear a Pebble 2. Come at me.

post a pic of what it looks like before i judge

No

Nice. Two-tone w/ white gold?

Thanks. You're close. They're reffered to as tuxedo

>mfw I shake hands with a sissy fag like you and can immediately tell what kind of person you are

>he still has a smartphone

next fashion trend will be dumbphones. screencap this

Whats the consensus on apple watches?

No.

But i don't wear watches anymore

Casey neistat core

ill probably just buy one anyway desu

Sheep-core

its basic and not in a good way

casey wears a rolex and uses Samsung now

The only good choice

only if you are below 12. No chance to be effay without a proper watch

lol no. watches come in handy any time you want to discreetly check the time (during a meeting or some sort of ceremony), where it would be inappropriate to use your phone

is my watch /effay/? its like the one on the picture but black leather instead of white

don't think so. i never wore watches until a few years ago and now i can't miss it anymore. recently my old watch broke, this cheap casio one i got for ten bucks, and i kept looking at my wrist every ten minutes to check the time, as if i am a fricking goldfish. i wear one merely for practical reasons though

>digital watch
its the 'tism

if you are doing sports, wearing watches is bad because they could break.

or be too uncomfortable

only if you're a woman

that's why you have specific watches for that

my watch has a different texture and material too.

>post picture of watch
>random person dislikes it
>m-mine looks t-totally different, user
how about posting an actual picture of your watch then

whoever asked for the time doesn't have a working watch OR smartphone so the joke's on them

k ahmed

jeebus, use some q-tips and clean around dat lens and bezel. I bet you got shit absolutely caked inside the band too, and could shake it above a salad and get cheese topping out of it....

The beauty of a proper watch is that encapsulates a certain worldview in a proper gadget.

It is made to last, which you'll cherish once you get old enough to see the world go to shit and your loved ones die. It's an expression of personality, which you'll become to appreciate more every day. And finally, it reminds you that every second will only pass once.

t. Engineering major

>Misaligned bubble
WHY ARE THEY ABLE TO FUCKING GET AWAY WITH THIS

I have the Nike one because I like using a smart watch when I workout, I wouldn't buy it again though, I like it though

dude...You don't have to go around shaking hands like that asshole uncle when you were a kid, but think about the impression a limp handshake gives

pretty disgusting desu

what is the point? a watch is convenient because you quickly check the time, and you wear it around and it gets wet, etc. and you don't have to fucking charge it.

maybe good for taking calls though.

Not really

Literally no style

>If you read, learn and lurk
According to Veeky Forums everything that isn't a $30000 Zenith watch is garbage.

Want to cop
thoughts?

Alien core

whenever I meet a new person and shake their hand I immediately feel whether I like him or not. A weak handshake is fucking pathetic and an instant signal of weakness. Even if just subconcious...

>Casio
>not a g shock
ew

Your watch gives me a boner.

Wish I could afford pic related but until then I like my basic stuff. I feel naked without a watch.

The huge bar hanging off the side is kinda ugly.

wouldn't it make sense that the first physical contact between strangers is psychologically important? the amount of force in grip, eye contact, and other physiological factors play into how a person sees you; first impressions are important.

A limp handshake is a signal that they're a pussy with no confidence.

I meet with a lot of big bosses in big Pharma, never met one with a limp handshake. If you present yourself as weak it's clear you're not going far in life

No, it's the only way for men to wear jewellery.

>JUST

It's hilarious how this board can be totally alright with high fashion and having to spend $3000 for a cool raf print jacket that isn't any more 'functional'
Yet it's completely implausible for a watch to be a fashion accessory. People are in to watches the same way as people are in to cars. Some people want the blingy lambo/richard Mille , some people care about the engine/movement and some people use uber/smartphones

Just copped pic related. Tell me i did a good job.

I used to work for a Japanese company and everyone was told in orientation to go out and buy a watch and learn how to glance at it discreetly, because it's rude to pull out your phone in front of a client. It looks like you're checking to see if someone more interesting is texting you.

Since all the clients followed the same rule I found that while I wore a watch it was more convenient to read the time off of another guy's watch across the table than to even turn my wrist over.

A bit too big for your wrist, otherwise acceptable.

WHy can't we break old unnecessary habits ? Watches were made when time telling devices were rare. Now, you can tell times everywhere. So watches become less and less functional. Unless you're swimming then you'll need those g shocks.

Fuck this moral bullshit on why we should wear watch. Break the shell, man. Cultures are meant to change. Don't preserve something that was created by people who hadn't learned as much as we have now.

First i started the no watch thing out of boredom because i find it ironic and provocative to not wear watch. Plus it seems like i don't actually """attempt""" to look good. I always dig the 'careless' aesthetic. But now, i never had a problem where i need watches. I look like a free spirited person, you know, having my own liberal answer in case people ask why i don't wear watches.

>Fuck this moral bullshit on why we should wear watch.
Who brought up moral reasons to wear watches?
>First i started the no watch thing out of boredom because i find it ironic and provocative to not wear watch.
Do you also wear graphic tees with ironic and provocative slogans on them, like "Fuck the system"?
>I look like a free spirited person, you know, having my own liberal answer in case people ask why i don't wear watches.
Someone who uses this many words into what they DON'T wear and why they don't wear it, with the thesis being "I'm being counter-cultural," is going to come off as pretentious and self-absorbed. But I guess that's not entirely mutually exclusive with free-spirited.

Looks good