Is it possible to safely travel or live in central asia as a white American?

Is it possible to safely travel or live in central asia as a white American?

Other urls found in this thread:

middleeasteye.net/in-depth/features/swedish-woman-runs-alone-across-iran-break-prejudice-2022055010
twitter.com/AnonBabble

??

part of the question involves how muslim these places are

then that's

More of a question for But yes, it's very safe in Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan. The rest aren't as safe, but you should be OK if you stick to the big cities.

Amazing culture and heritage, and beautiful people. Chat up some women if you get the chance.

Don't travel the countryside alone. Don't flash any valuables around poorer villages. Don't go down sketchy roads that look poorly kept and deserted. Don't head into certain parts of big cities that look rundown or abandoned.

Generally they're very safe and perfectly fine to travel as a tourist. Locals are generally very friendly and your money will go far there.

>Don't travel the countryside alone. Don't flash any valuables around poorer villages. Don't go down sketchy roads that look poorly kept and deserted. Don't head into certain parts of big cities that look rundown or abandoned.

Not him but that's pretty sad. I did all this (except flashing valuables) in Iran and there was no problem at all. I'll say more: it was the best part of the trip.

I'm a white American male in my mid 20s who lived 8 months in Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan) ama

any good experiences with people inviting you stuff? or any good experiences with the women?

When did you run into trouble?

Also, how did you get there? How did you finance the trip, and start?

Generally not as much as I thought. I am Italian by heritage and have pale skin and grew a beard and long hair and speak Russian, so everyone thought I was Chechen (even my female friends from the Caucasus called me Magomed as a joke) so no one really bothered me. Just don't be an idiot. Sometimes people would figure I was from the west and ask why I was there. Then I'd placate them and tell them how beautiful their country was and they'd blush. Some of them hated their countries and wanted to leave. Which is sad. Other times people were so excited to have westerners there and would ask you to take pictures with them. Worst experience I had was a gypsy trying to back me into traffic. I knocked him out and got away. But that's gypsies. Not the native people lol. People were generally extremely hospitable. I crashed a wedding in Turkmenistan of people I didn't even know and danced and hung with them for hours. Truly a glorious time in my life amongst glorious people

Turkish air baby. It's really great. Flew around Central Asia on a lot of crap airlines though. Don't do that. A lot can't fly imp Europe for obvious reasons. And I studied there on a grant. However, if you are serious about spending a lot of time there and are no longer a student, get your English teacher cert. And teach. There is a whole culture of world traveling g English teachers that are basically nomads and go from place to place. A lot of them are close friends of mine. Great people

He's probably being too cautious. I wwould have no problem doing that in central asia. I would honestly be more worried in parts of the US than there.

I would agree with you. Country people in former soviet countries do tend to be a lot safer than some of the city people. Especially Kyrgyzstan. Most of them are just classic strong herder types who want their land and their traditions. Nothing more. In some smaller cities that's where it seemed s little bit more hairy. Karakol for example

Also, I knew how to navigate the human terrain for the most part, but there are some groups of people you just want to avoid in certain places altogether. Not trying to be prejudiced or anything. Just some risks are best not taken as there is no good that could come from them. Plenty of fun and dangerous risks are definitely worth it and I enjoyed the. But others, like hanging around certain groups of people isn't advisable

>tfw my english is great but I have a talking impediment and I would be a shitty teacher

What do you mean by "certain groups of people"? Which groups of people?

Doesn't matter. Teachers are in high demand. Do it and don't look back. It will be the greatest adventure of your life

Honestly, anyone from the Caucasus. Chechens, daga, balkar, etc. many live in Central Asia. Gooniks and gypsies too ha

Where can I do this?

But just especially try not to engage with the Caucasus people. I did and didn't have trouble with them. A lot of them are great. But they have a very particular way about them. And you have to know how to come at them and engage them. It's easy to fuck it up and deal with some extreme violence easily. Just their culture man. It requires a very particular way of talking with and engaging them that most westerners couldn't do

This place was colonized by russians retards, russians still live there, its like expecting to get a spear chucked at you in new orleans. They'll act like poor slavs and poor people any where for that matter

middleeasteye.net/in-depth/features/swedish-woman-runs-alone-across-iran-break-prejudice-2022055010

she old and uggo tho, of course nobody will raep

She looks rich and stupid though. He would probably have all his baggage stolen in 5 seconds in Barcelona.