ARCHITECTURE

post Veeky Forums architecture

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/137418551
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PERSONS OUGHT TO START SPECIFYING WHAT IT IS THAT THEY MEAN BY "FAH" OR "EFFAY" —"FASHIONABLE"—; IT IS A VAGUE AND RELATIVE TERM, THEREFORE, ANY DISCOURSE DERIVED FROM QUESTIONS SUCH AS "IS THIS 'FAH'?" IS FRIVOLOUS AND FUTILE.

IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE THE NECESSARY EFFORT TO DEFINE THE TERM BEFORE POSTING THE QUESTION, DO NOT EVEN POST AT ALL.

i dont have much stuff, trying where i can

fair enough. I think fashion is the way we project our aesthetic. Just looking for stuff to fill my inside with if you get what i mean.

>I think fashion is the way we project our aesthetic.

THAT DEFINITION IS ACCURATE.

>Just looking for stuff to fill my inside with if you get what i mean.

I COMPREHEND THAT YOU WANT AESTHETIC STIMULATION; WHAT REMAINS A MYSTERY IS WHAT KIND OF ARCHITECTURAL STYLE DO YOU WANT?

POSTING "POST Veeky Forums ARCHITECTURE" IS AS VAGUE AS REQUESTING USERS TO "POST Veeky Forums CLOTHES" —YOU ARE NEITHER DEFINING WHAT IT IS THAT YOU MEAN BY "FAH ARCHITECTURE", NOR SPECIFYING IN ANOTHER MANNER WHAT IT IS THAT YOU WANT THEM TO POST.

hah, i dunno what I want. Will be interesting to see what people here like. I think Veeky Forums architecture would be something that is artistically designed. A suburb would not be very interesting for me. Rick Owens speaks about how his silloettes are inspired by buildings.

is this archigram?

try not having autism

Lmao

i agree completely

it's a drawing by Paul Rudolph

paul rudolph's draftsmen*

but, yeah. guy was nuts.

ROFLMFAO XD

What's so funny?

Actually a pretty cool concept, you have nice taste posting a relatively unique proposition like this - surprisingly I haven't seen this particular image before.

Anyone an architect or architecture student?

Why there is always someone who spoils my day in this fucking board? A long ago was the assman asking for male lingerie and pictures and now this fucking faggot.

yes. why?

Here
London
AA

Antilia - Most Expensive House in the world.

Leaky piece of shit

Gehry should kill himself
he and others are why people unfairly hate on contemporary architecture

*palace

better dwg

Louis Kahn

What is this thread even supposed to be about.

who /postmodern/ here

architecture is the only art form postmodernism isn't shit in

>architecture thread
what do you think its supposed to be about, fuckin dumbass?

Like what type of architecture? Interiors? Exteriors? Modern? Post Modern? Traditional?

Anything from en.white.se

you have autism
interior design isn't the same as architecture
read the thread
then kill yourself

here too, third year on Architecture

daily reminder that Frank Gehry is a talentless hack

what's the last house you designed and built, user?

surely if there's no talent required you should be getting rich and famous by now

Bernard Tschumi - Manhattan Transcripts
Lebbeus Woods - War and Architecture
Lebbeus Woods - Einsteins Tomb
Wes Jones - Tract house
the inside of Peter Zumthor - Kolomba
Tadao Ando - Benesse house
Richard Meier - Douglas house

All of these architects everything is amazing

Thank me later

3rd year here

Archi whatsapp group anyone??????

Gehry had some truly unique visions starting out (his own house is a good example), but he's like a less annoying Libeskind... with an army of assistants and designers to carry out his grand gestures, he kind of lost the plot.

uni-lj?

lautner realness

Hamburg's Elbphilharmonie is neat. i think organic shapes in buildings are the new futurism.

Graz's Kunsthaus. Like a black demon's snail in the traditional surrounding.

Any architecture done by Hundertwasser is kinda effy to me even if it might look childlike. It just got something.

Anyway these are the rather modern examples. There is an unspeakable amount of old buildings that are just timelessly stylish. Should I get into that?

i'm from an obscure country in south america, so my university is not so famous i guess
John Lautner's architecture is a wonderful example of luxury
i think a lot of deconstructivism is dumb, the ideas behind it are very interesting, but i can't stop feeling that it's all just spectacle. Still, Peter Eisenman is a guitly pleasure of mine.

The Farnworth House is classy as fuck

are you the same tripfag from Veeky Forums who talks in all-caps?

blocking tripfags helps

me very

le corbusier is good but this is trach

>leaky
wrong gehry building mate.

that's probably one of his only good works, you pleb

he's pretty good aesthetically when not coming up with batshit schemes to replace whole cities with concrete blocks

like what I posted also see his churches and his big government building complex in india

Some of his houses like Villa Savoye are really cool too

some of the coolest fuckin concepts ever

it looks cool but it would be a shit venue for orchestra performances. You have to think about the physical layout of the ensemble and how that relates to the direction and dynamic range of the performance. convention established the symphonic topology with classic amphitheater style venues in mind, so when you throw a bunch of people sitting al over the place you diminish the effect of the performance. Its kinda like playing a BluRay over a CRT television set and expecting it to look better.

famous

horrible

scenes

postmodern

there good but not his best work

rip

ayyyy I remember this from the old Spiderman videogames lol

vimeo.com/137418551

>THIS is what they're replacing it with

wtf, looks like a goddamn chinese restaurant in downtown houston tx

japs are dumb as shit

this doesn't count as architecture. This is on par with taking a picture of a plain fire escape and calling it architecture.

of course it counts you mong, just because it was planned for solely practical purposes instead of partly aesthetic ones doesnt not make it architecture

captcha: select all images with trains

It's not the aesthetic value what makes something architecture or not, It's how something is designed with human habitability in mind.

Well I simply disagree with your definition of architecture then.

yep

geez dude fuck off

And What's your definition then?

forgot how you block trips?

I don't have a definition for it, haven't thought of it that way. But "something designed with human habitability in mind" is way too strict of a definition

you fucking faggots know nothing

obvs none of you study architecture

interiors and technologists lol

uhh uhh

wanna live in this house

I'm an architecture student.

he pulls a lot of water in this town... you ain't pull shit, lebowski

Anyone here into Brutalism?

wow i love this. what is it?

this isn't really that brutalistic...

How isn't it?