Thinking about taking 1k and trying to setup an online store to sell stuff bought on aliexpress

Thinking about taking 1k and trying to setup an online store to sell stuff bought on aliexpress.

I have the site and stuff covered (web developer) but was wondering if any Europe Bros (or not) ever had any success with this, thinking about bringing in toys or small electronics flash drives and stuff. Any advice?

Will customs rape me? What about vat, import tax, will I be shutdown if I sell unlicenced stuff from China?

Gave up doing this. Products change with no indication. Damages in post. Orders picked wrong. Short supplied. Disputes always end up like shit

Eurobro here. I sold flash drives bought from Aliexpress (600€ peak one month).

>>Order maximum 10 units per package so it won't be a HUGE package (also free shiping)
>> Large packages coming from Hong Kong or Shenzen have a 90% chance to be retained at customs, have an inspection, and be destroyed in the next 15 days for containing illegal products.
>>You can dispute though, but you'll lose time and life in the process.
>>Look for the loot price. Some stores have already a loot with the most sold devices.
>>Usually, the custom declaration of the product will be false. I don't know how customs in your eurocountry works. In mine they give a shit.
>> Look for the China post Airmail send mode. It's free due to China paying for you, fast, and reliable.

What if I inspect all stock upon arrival? Am also planning on using a rock solid third party delivery service for next day delivery and order picking.with tracking.

Thanks bro, I'm in ireland, so if I place 10 orders at once with 10 drives per order odds are they will arrive with no issue? Did you have a site or use eBay?

I can't speak for Ireland. Spanish customs are the shit and I would expect more control there. Make small and multiple orders to check the delivery rate and ETA.
Ebay have some trusted sources in my country to buy from, 10/10 recommended.

How do you plan to resell them?

yurobro here aswell
shitty english reporting in!
I've been paying my utility bills /gas/rent for 2 years now (uni student in western europe) with about 10-15 products that I regularly buy from aliexpress and sell on ebay under multiple accounts - stealth ebay and paypal - (market may or may not be saturated in your country)
Like the other user was saying, just make sure the packets are kept to a small-medium size as you'd want the items to be as stealthy-looking as possible and avoid custom bs (20-25€ max declared on the package).
Also ship with china airmail -takes longer but no one will give a shit once it arrives in the euzone.

Was thinking to build an e-commerce site since I have the ability. Would eBay be better?

Thanks bro, any more advice?

>Like the other user was saying, just make sure the packets are kept to a small-medium size as you'd want the items to be as stealthy-looking as possible and avoid custom bs (20-25€ max declared on the package).

How do you buy many products at such a low amount? Or do you only sell about 10 or so of an item?

For example if you buy a phone case at $2 are you only buying 10 of them and then placing separate orders for different products whilst only buying a few?

following your example I would buy 100s - 1000s (ok maybe too many) and ask the supplier to send 10 pcs / box - declare a low value.
10 to 100 separate boxes may be too many for you to recieve at your house and can raise a red flag (say a neighbor or custom offices,then again it's all just pure luck).. If you start dealing with big quantities (one of my product has a net profit of 7-9€ and I'm buying 100s a week) make sure you use a safe drop address.

but seriously don't waste your time and money buying phone cases, you can't fuckwith the big shops that buy in bulk at 99% less your best price

What kind of products do you move?

I'm looking into flash drives and small stuff, was looking at some of the Lego knockoffs but realise they would be too big

some watches (can't name the brand for reasons) [HI FBI], home consoles parts (hdmi sockets, thumbsticks, button triggers and such), snapbacks just to name a few.
You've got to try it out for yourselves, look for an untapped niche in the market and go for it

How about fishing, camping and bicicle equipment?
Would that work?

I dont use AliExpress however, you should gather all the information you can about the product before you buy including.....

Market/Competition Costs(Inbound/outbound shipping)

Most importantly value your time.

do y'all worry about competing on price with the massive HK resellers?

having a look it seems like people priced at a higher bracket (say $10 for a case vs $2) are still moving some product (not at the same volumes though)

>Lego knockoffs

Are you serious? You want to sell toys for infants produced in China, AND do so under the table? Have fun in prison.

Every toy has "Made in china" written on it anyway

Yeah, but legitimate retailers like Walmart have aw and lawyers. They can risk selling a child's toy that might hurt a child. You can't.

>thinking to build an e-commerce site since I have the ability. Would eBay be better?
Any negro can build sites. A more relevant question is whether or not you can generate traffic.

Ebay is free traffic. You pay for it when you make your sale.

Remember you are in Spain, where the postal service is expensive and not that good, and the buyers will spend an hour browsing for a better deal before committing.

Have you thought about selling on local facebook pages? I see people all the time flogging android TV boxes and other bullshit straight from DHGate and Alisexpress.

>Aliexpress
u better sell some old people stuff who may not know about the most popular internet shopping site.

eruobro here, if you are serious about buying cheap and selling high, then alibaba is your best option, they may list their stuff as +1000 minimum order but they sure as hell will do lower if you just ask then.

also OP, are you millennial? kek

not OP but I was thinking of buying cute shit and making a tiny store/stand in a mall and sell them all there. The mall already has a bunch of "cheap jewelry" stores but it's all ugly hipster shit.

No one knows about rilakumma and shit in my country so there might be a buck to be made.

I'm in canada though so I don't know how much the customs will fuck me.

Where do I learn all this? I'd like to be able to see the cost structure before going balls deep.

Do you need a buisness license to buy large quantities from Alibaba? My shit won't get taken away right?

Do people actually buy shit like usbs and other aliexpress chink gadgets on ebay etc?