Should other people involve themselves with suicide attempts...

Should other people involve themselves with suicide attempts? Does resuscitating people who attempt suicide impinge on their rights?

Natural rights are a joke.

"No man lives to himself, no man dies to himself."

It's right there in the Bible.

No, you should stop them. Yes should fucking save them.

What if i save them to kill them myself?
Is it doing them a favour?

>committing Murder
No.

They were going to do it anyway
Now they don't have to feel bad about it

No you fucking idiot, you don't do shit like that. You save them. Why do you want a soul lost?

This. If anything it's your obligation as another sentient being to save someone who has lost their way. Within reason of course. I'm part of a Suicide Help group on Facebook. I can't help everyone, because there are people (drug addicts or married couples fighting) I can't relate to. But everyone can help someone a little.

As for whether you find someone who just OD'ed. There's no question you need to save them.

"He who knows right and does it not, to him it is sin."

It could be a soul that would only bring harm or drain others.

Think of it this way: Killing themselves would inflict intense emotional trauma on their close friends and families by framing them as somehow being emotionally unsupportive. If someone else kills them, it's a tragedy but one that fits comfortably within their world view. They won't hate themselves for a freak murder.

>It could be a soul that would only bring harm or drain others.
Fucking so?

What do you mean? The world would be better off without them, then.

You still don't kill them.

You are kind of a shifty savior when the best thing you can do for them is provide them the opportunity to roll around in a wheelchair and come back to the same shitty life that they tried to end in the first place.

Ecclesiastes is beautiful

Then maybe he should force himself to live again.

No that's wrong. Nobody should be pushed into a life-cult against their will.

>No that's wrong
Being part of a club is wrong?

>As for whether you find someone who just OD'ed. There's no question you need to save them.
Why?

Good Samaritan.

I wouldn't be a good Samaritan if I caused them brain damage

That's a non-answer.

He caused himself brain damage. You just did the right thing

>You just did the right thing
You keep saying that, yet you can't seem to articulate WHY it's the right thing. What moral imperative are you following when you do this and why it is more important than their right to make choices about their own life?

>Should other people involve themselves with suicide attempts?
Yes.

>Does resuscitating people
Can you do that? Can you teach me, please?

There is a legal issue inherent to this reasoning. Namely corpses don't have rights. It can be assumed if someone is otherwise dead they do not have rights to impinge upon and therefore it is lawful to save them.

If they're dead, you can't save them. If you can still save them, they're NOT dead and still have rights.

Everyone should have the right to death.