Black or white laces

Just curious which you find better looking, I find black laces boring and wondering if white would be more traditional. (weird angle for comparisson)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/14-hole-Ranger-Boots-Combat-Boots-Boots-Combat-Boots-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-/252599610387?var=&hash=item3ad01c2c13:m:mE9E8-LHbbHCYnSlz_Ppcrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop bending your jeans

just wanted to better show how it looks

Yellow

Yellow laces would be the best option

Not yellow? Not too mellow

The boots are pretty dark red (oxblood) but I think it still would give a weird ronald mcdonald look, but I did consider them, also have "checked" (woven) black/white lace

Watch out where the huskies go
Make those laces yellow, bro

Checked

Once you get the boots and laces warn in the mcdonald look will go away.
Also, white laces on doc's may get you perceived as a nazi in some places, if'n that concerns you.

That beats the plain black or white.

Yeah, read about that before, but well, I'm not in the US and the "code" is considered dead anyways

Seems like a lot of votes are going to yellow, I might check them out just how they look (if they sell them nearby)

Yeah, the checked ones are also slightly dirty, but I think they're nice, I had them on my previous pair. Also only now realised how good my phone camera is

That "code" has been dead for a while now.

Unless you wear your Docs with stone-washed jeans (cuffed up), a bomber + bald hair.

>bending

posting inspo of my own docs.

It's a bit of an easier choice with black ones, for oxblood it is hard to find a good combo, was also thinking of red laces, but they're pretty much invisible

Slightly shitty brown laces I dug up

>dressing like a faggot
>not wearing double layerered chucks, ji top nike or addidas with gym shorts and a polyester gym shirt

FAGGOT

fucking faggot as europeans nowonder white women leave you for the B&BBC (Big Black and or Brown Cock)

This boot looks like a fucking penis and it's ugly as all sin

looks like this at a proper angle

Solovairs fuck yeah

thinking about copping a 14-hole pair for 200€. Cheapest Solovair's i could find near me (Finland). Thinking of probably trying to get a more oxblood-shine to them.

If you like taller, rougher style boots, check out gripfast, they're also nice, and don't exaggerate the toecap as some boots like to doe, but solovair is also great if you want something more classic

The leather looks thick and stiff, the stitching is wide.

Hallmarks of a cheap boot. Cheap boots are okay but they shouldn't be in pristine shape like this, they need to be more worn and creased for that workwear look.

I already got a pair of 1490's in black, i've been looking into these as well.ebay.com/itm/14-hole-Ranger-Boots-Combat-Boots-Boots-Combat-Boots-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-/252599610387?var=&hash=item3ad01c2c13:m:mE9E8-LHbbHCYnSlz_Ppcrg

They're cheap enough for taking them into gigs and shows around town to get stomped and beat up, unlike my 1490's (china-made ones, don't want 'em getting torn apart tho, that's why i need to be more careful with them. i already have creases on the toe-cap from people stomping and kicking them)

Also don't do straight bar lacing on work boots. Criss-cross or else you'll look like a neo-nazi.

C'mon. Black boots and black laces look better straight-laced

straight bar lacing was practically standard lacing on work boots and companies like solovair/grinders/gripfast still come laced this way, it started to become less popular due to neo-nazis making it "their thing"

>letting toxic ideologies keep their symbols and aesthetics as rewards for internalizing their dogma and not enjoying those symbols without the ideology's context, robbing them of their power and appeal
not effay

Ah yes, rangers are a known brand, they used to make boots for the British military I believe, also, slightly off topic, but how is the comfort on tall boots? (10+) I know 10/11 eyelets can be irritating

Get brown laces that are slightly darker than the shoe color, they will look best.

Yep, the ones I tried in looked pretty good irl, I'll probably go find similar ones to those but longer since those are too short, I'll stick with black ones for now I think tho, they're of really good quality

I can't tell, as i haven't even ordered them. Only looked at YouTube-vids and customer reviews so far.

this

OP you should go for a decent jog (like approx. 10 k's) in your docs to wear them in

Well I hate to break it to you, your boots are much too large for your feet.

Shoe anatomy time.
>Facing
The facing are the flaps on each side of the shoe, where the lacing holes are.

Unless its a "closed lace" shoe like a dress shoe, or a pair of vans, the "facing" should never touch

you should visibly see the tongue of the shoe underneath

1. The more you beak in your shoes the more ill fitting it will become and the tighter you will have to pull it.
2. ill fitting footwear will ultimately fuck your posture and gate, not to mention feet.
3. smaller footwear are aesthetically more pleasing to a fit

this goes to all you clown shoe fucks

Only got them a couple days ago, so they of course don't look very worn, they'll take that shape over time

A size down and my foot would be a vacuum, this size is slightly large (by maybe 2/3mm), but it's a good fit. If I would've used standard lacing, it wouldn't touch, but I prefer ladders, most boots with this design (and lacing) should be able to be closed shut

Idk if I missed anyone but neo Nazis tend to dress in all black however, bone heads (racist skinheads) wear white laces straight laced over black boots ie. White over black=white power, this is pretty well known amongst all skinheads and some minorities too.

Tldr you won't get called a neo Nazi for wearing white laces but everyone will think you're a div

Yeah, that's what I was mainly concerned about, if it'll come off as a stupid attempt, sticking with black for now, until they either break or I find cheap brown ones of the same length

Those boots look reallllllly shitty.

Like rain boots you bought in brown

Doc martens knockoffs from China?

Nope, just shitty angle

still kinda shitty. why isn't the tongue showing?

Tight lacing and somewhat of a larger size in advance (as they last a lifetime) it's also a preference if you prefer the tongue to show or not, personally on these type of boots and this lacing, I prefer the tongue not to show. picture on left for reference

Look like Solovairs which are the actually decent quality Doc Martens

Yeah, they are, that's the model