Avant-Garde tailoring, let's go!

Avant-Garde tailoring, let's go!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61NzBYJ5Dro
blouinartinfo.com/news/story/1320219/spring-2016-haute-couture-yiqing-yins-warrior-chic
youtube.com/watch?v=96vkVYfbYQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yohji SS14

Margiela ss00

Margiela ss01

Ann D fw98

Jil Sander fw92

thread is too good to gain any traction on this piece of shit board but ill contribute a bit

You don't gain traction by just saying let's go. Isn't this thread just an image dump?
youtube.com/watch?v=61NzBYJ5Dro

What even defines "avant garde tailoring"
These are all pret-a-porter clothes

Some mid-2000s Haider.

this was my favorite collection
viktor and rolf is so cool

Margiela draped cardigan with three armholes.
2003-ish I think.

And this it how it looks like worn open.

I can't believe they let the poor man walk the catwalk like that. Not only is he malnourished, he also bears clear signs of abuse, probably by his employers. I can't believe that in the current year the issue of abuse of males in the fashion industry is still largely ignored...

Why are those lapels so sexy.

David Byrne core?

is that kevin bacon?

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS

i must have this.

Uh pret a porter and avant garde aren't mutually exclusive

Avant garde is the first line of fashion what pushes the boundaries and makes you question what clothes and fashion are, pret a porter just means ready to wear as in you can go buy it in a retail store and you dont need to place an order with an atelier (although im sure you could with the right connections)

Yohji is an avant garde designer, he deconstructs silhouettes and turna them into something entirely new every season

I picked up this fantastic Ann D blazer for a fucking steal a few months ago. I really need to wear it more often.
It's made of leather that has been unevenly sheared, giving it a fantastic distressed look.
It's definitely one of the most unique pieces in my wardrobe.

One of my favorites easily.

This is cool too but I think it looks much better open than closed

This is cool too

Dont know if I'd call this avant garde but anyway

Issey 4 life.

Anyway some of the stuff in this thread makes me wish I could wear a suit more. But I'm still in college and don't go to any environments which require one.

Yiqing Ying is one of my favorite designers at the moment. Couture in every sense.
She was finally made a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture in 2015 after years of guest showings.

>14-coral
Is the skirt supposed tobe a dragon?

I don't think so, but I see where you're coming from.

This does have a GOT mother of dragons feel

You're not the first to make that connection.
SS16 was certainly fire and ash themed.

blouinartinfo.com/news/story/1320219/spring-2016-haute-couture-yiqing-yins-warrior-chic

v nice

Amy Revier inspires me so much. She prefers to call herself an artist rather than a designer because every piece is a one off that she makes from start to finish, weaving, knitting, and felting by hand. She's committed to what she does and lives her life based around doing what she loves.

lessmagazine.com/archive-amy-revier-interview/

Why nobody has even mentioned Carol Christian Poell?

The thread is just getting started. Post some more CCP. I appreciate his masterful tailoring even if it wouldn't fit in my wardrobe.

Not avant garde;
Are these pants suitable with this jacket or is the color too different? What could work apart from olive drab?

De Rien is another label that I've been into recently. It's run by a father and son. The father owned a used fabric shop in a London market and they specialize in creating bespoke garments out of old fabrics and vintage pieces.

This piece was dyed using the centuries old Chinese mud silk method whereby the fabric is covered in iron rich mud and washed in the nearby river. The mud lends not only a beautiful mottled look but a luxurious butteriness.

I only own one De Rien piece right now since it's pretty hard to find their stuff here in America. I really regret not buying this jacket when it was still on sale a couple years ago.

>Yohji is an avant garde designer, he deconstructs silhouettes and turna them into something entirely new every season

Nope

In the 80s and 90s yes, 00s onward you can hardly find anything in his work that could be considered "avant garde"

Look at both his men's and women's collections in the last 2-3 years the same shit every season

True, he sticks to what he's known for these days, wide leg and hakama trousers and oversized jackets. Every now and again he comes out with a beautiful embroidered piece or something with truly unique details but I feel he's mostly run out of ideas. It's not surprising given his long tenure in the fashion game.

Just Shut The Fuck Up

Leon Emanuel Blanck

you okay?

love his latest project, anfractuous distortion
he's a breath of fresh air in the artisanal avant-garde fashion world
seems like most everyone besides LEB and BBS have gone stale

Yeah, that's exactly what I think. (although I odn't like BBS) but I'm worried about LEB, it is very nice but I'm not sure how he can make it last, there isn't much more to do with his main idea.

This one seems easier to recreate.

youtube.com/watch?v=96vkVYfbYQU

>Avant garde is the first line of fashion what pushes the boundaries and makes you question what clothes and fashion are
so maybe post a single avant garde fit?

underrated post

Holy shit. They look amazing.

CCP's folded boots are pretty nice, too.

It looks moldy, bro.

Bump more pics pls

hey i'm the actual poster of the comment not this retard
What you say is true in some sense but,you're being obtuse and nitpicking
Yohji is just an example and while his collections aren't as fashion defying as they used to be to take him out of the equation entirely when discussing avant garde fashion is ignorant

pic related? there are lots of examples of avant garde fashion in this thread my dude