Getting jeans hemmed

>getting jeans hemmed
>get them back

JUST

>getting tested for autism
>get the results back

JUST

>he doesn't know how to tailor his own clothes

i don't understand this fucking meme, why would you pay for clothes that have been designed a certain way only to get them "cuffed", "hemmed" "tapered" or whatever shit buzzwords people throw at you in WAYWT threads. is it so hard to find clothes that fit properly? are you poor? or a manlet?

question. are you retarded? getting jeans hemmed is one of the most basic and common things a tailor gets asked to perform

i'm not defending the tailor for fucking up, i just don't understand why you'd need to do it in the first place. why do you have such trouble finding clothes that fit? i've never had to alter any pair of pants i've ever bought in my life.

there are a bunch of jeans that come in one inseam length. i think apc inseam is something like 36 after you get past waist size 30. they're expecting you to get them hemmed to your size since it's one of the easiest things for a tailor to do. it lowers costs for the company because then they only have to produce different waist sizes and not worry about the different combinations of waist and length.

i mean if anything going to get clothes altered is something poor people can't do user

Poor people just wear baggy clothes they don't bother to pay someone to fix them

this is actually a good point, i hadn't thought about that. sounds like a pain though, especially when there are other options.
but people with money can afford to buy high quality clothes that fit them without being altered.

>autism

pants above shit tier come at a standard inseam with the expectation that you'll get them hemmed.

also hemmed and tapered are not buzzwords, you fucking troglodyte

>tailor doesn't know how to tailor clothes

a little bit sadder desu

dumbest thing i've read all week
consider suicide.

since fucking when? another user pointed out that it's essentially a money saving technique that brands like APC, who spread themselves thin across multiple styles, fabrics and genders, often employ.
brands that focus on a particular style and/or fabric (EG and orSlow come to mind) tend to have higher quality products wih multiple versions, and have increasing inseam length with waist size.
you think i'm gonna spend £200 on a pair of straight fit trousers then get them fucking tapered and hemmed cause some 17 year old cunt doesn't think they're short or skinny enough? fuck off mate.

I have really no clue as to what the seam is supposed to look like when you get it hemmed I guess.
Can someone point out to me what the issue is exactly?

What do they look like from the front?

Are you seriously saying mass produced clothes fit better than ones that have been measured to you personally?

we aren't talking about a finely tailored suit, we're talking about a shitty pair of jeans that are being hemmed or tapered cause that's the latest meme thing to do. i trust in the designers i buy to make clothes that fit, and they usually deliver, if they dont i send the item back. i'm not gonna go fuck up their design just so the item will fit me better.
but i mean, if you paid £20 for the jeans, whatever, tailor the shit out of them, who cares.

They just took part of the fabric and shifted it upwards and stitched it up above the hem.

Doing it properly means to take out the original stitching, cut off the extra fabric, and stitch it back up the way you found it.

Ignore the autist ranting about "muh brand integrity". If altering a piece of clothing will cause it to look better on your frame, by all means do it.

>Being retarded

People with money buy clothes that fit them pretty well and then get them tailored. Thats why famous peoples outfits look better than yours even if you have the exact same clothes. A lot of high end clothing brands expect people to get stuff tailored because every body is different

Idk dude i wouldnt fuck my needles up trying to sew through denim or leather

Brands like eg and orslow only make a handful of sizes as well you retard

>he doesn't have high quality tools

I got to say this guy triggered the SHIT out of you lot.
Must have hit something.

>cunt
>mate

please leave

>tfw proportioned weird as fuck
>tfw everything has to get tailored

Meh.

dude
incotex makes ridiculously long pants because they expect you to tailor them
paul smith also leaves their seams unfinished for the same reason

...buy denim needles? are some people really this dense?