Veeky Forums Confession Thread

I'll start. I think what the leg wear samurai used to have where there is a looser pants that cut off just below the knee and give way to stockings/socks and lightweight footwear looks pretty good and comfy and it looks like it has good circulation.

Problem is you can't wear any of that without looking like a weeaboo faggot.

Kinda a shame, its pretty malleable. You could probably easily translate the sandals into some fly knits or other light sneaker, maybe ditch the socks if its too hot out and patterns/florals are optional.

Pic kinda related. The artist is using euro influence but those pants are the easiest example of this I could find.

So what's the confession?

Just wear it, nobody will care.

I fucking love graphic tees.

I just get everything from Uniqlo.

Fuck it.

I only come on Veeky Forums because it reminds me of an ex

50/50 lounge pants?

Know where I can get pants like the OP pic? I've tried joggers but where I'm at they are tight on the ends and don't like going around the calves and I want material a little more durable than sweats.

Almost forgot
I mean specifically with the florals or patterns.

are you me

i've been browsing Veeky Forums for a while and still have no idea how to dress decently

also i am a fat poorfag

There's nothing wrong with that.

i have massive issues with fashion/excessive consumerism in general, and cannot warrant buying a lot of fashion products

I fucking LOVE uniqlo!

That's probably because Veeky Forums is awful place to learn how to dress, it's just bunch of other similarly clueless teens hopping on latest trends, buying internet dictated meme items to seem like they are with it and hip with very littl knowledge to how to actually dress.
This place won't help you if that's why you are here.

If I could I'd dress like I was in WWI every goddamn day.

I used to be so weebtastic I wore Deidara's ninja headband

I'm not confident that i can pull off half the looks on this boards so my wardrobe consists of long sleeve button downs, and only long sleeve button downs.

my friend used to wear pants like that and occasionally a kimono too. he was really aggressive and not afraid to fight though so it worked.

if you do that be prepared to get heckled

It's possible to incorporate elements of that style into your wardrobe while staying modern and 'normal' enough to go out in public.

The key is subtlety. Any look taken too far becomes cosplay.

Baggier thigh to dramatic below the knee taper is a pretty common silhouette among artisanal labels like The Viridi-Anne, Boris Bidjan Saberi, and Damir Doma. This look mimics both the riding breeches and puttees like you posted.

Service boots will never go out of style. Neither will military inspired clothing.

Nigel Cabourn, og Helmut Lang, Robert Geller, and Kris Van Assche come to mind for military menswear.

TVA, Julius, and Greg Lauren do the whole avant-garde military thing with TVA being the most subtle/wearable.

There's a Japanese label called Black Rabbit that's doing interesting re-imaginations of classic military pieces modernized for a techwear look.

Heritage labels such as Kapital and Haversack draw a lot of inspiration from both military and workwear. Pic related is a Haversack jacket that's clearly inspired by the WWI doughboy tunic.

Beat me to it.

Is it a confession if I don;t really care about fashion?

I never owned a pair of black skinny jeans.

is there a real reason why, or do you just not like them? it's hard to imagine an outfit that black skinnies dont work well in

Not the user you're responding to, but I've never owned a pair of black skinnies because I don't wear skinny jeans and because black works with shockingly little of my wardrobe. However, I also think black is not the versatile neutral a lot of people on Veeky Forums seem to.

This is exactly what I was gonna post.
It's strange to me that this board considers black skinnies some kind of infallible wardrobe staple.

to each their own, i guess. most fashion forums/boards consider black skinnies to be an essential, what makes you think theyre not as versatile as theyre made out to be?

Skinny jeans are unflattering on most people. There's a reason slim jeans never go out of style while skinnies come and go. Black looks bad with most peoples' skin tone and does not play well other dark colors like brown and navy. It's difficult to style. There's a reason most people who like black wear it with more black. The people who do add color think it's some kind of well thought out fashion choice to wear white sneakers or a bit of red but the outfit still needs to be styled to make the black work, which is limiting.

honestly, i see where you're coming from. i'm boring so i wear mostly black but skinny jeans are a lot harder to get a good fit. a tailor is basically required for most pairs

Original poster you replied to, there isn't a particular reason for it such as aversion. At the time black skinnies were still becoming big again, I had a pair of black straight fit corduroy pants lying around, so I decided to work with them instead. I did get skinnies in blue and grey, though.

Epcott at Disney World in Florida.

If you go to the Japan store they have a bunch of that stuff. Not even dicking with you. I bought two jinbeis from there for summertime jammies.

I don't see any supreme or hypebeast related threads?

lemme just run to florida real quick then...

where would you suggest i go then, user?
>inb4 mfa