Are wristwatches Veeky Forums or just plain autism? Are they worth a cop?

Are wristwatches Veeky Forums or just plain autism? Are they worth a cop?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00M6MTMJU/ref=cts_wa_2_vtp?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2601945562&pf_rd_r=QEEPQH7FTRE1JB94J4NA&pd_rd_wg=tQMYp&pf_rd_s=mobile-detail-softlines&pf_rd_t=40701&pi=SL110&pd_rd_i=B00M6MTMJU&pd_rd_w=i0cZh&pf_rd_i=mobile-detail-softlines&pd_rd_r=QEEPQH7FTRE1JB94J4NA&dpPl=1&dpID=51qagNoNl4L#immersive-view_1485057176001
amazon.com/Seiko-SNK809-Automatic-Stainless-Canvas/dp/B002SSUQFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1485064845&sr=1-1&nodeID=6358540011&keywords=seiko 5
hodinkee.com/articles/the-history-of-the-real-timex-military-watch-plastic-disposa
fieldwatch.blogspot.de/2013/04/timex-vietnam-war-era-old-camper.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Wrist watches are amazing if worn right. Just dont be an autist about it.

only normies wear wristwatches. it's all about silly bands now

Pure autism, don't bother with a watch it's a dead technology.

if i am genuinely autistic and wear a watch, does that make me a pro autist?

You're a Gran Autismo.

Really though watches under about $100 are tools for checking the time, $100+ is autist tier, and over $1000 is when you get into middle managers measuring their dicks.

Broke my phone back in June. Woke up at a bus stop in bumfuck nowhere after a night of drinking and realized I had no idea what time it is. Copped pic related (obv a promotional shot) the next day.

I like clean/minimilastic design on watches. In hindsight the logo is fucking ugly, but I like it

Wristwatches are pure Veeky Forums in 2017. Literally the only reason to wear them is for fashion.

The log is ugly, too much of a times new roman font, and I don't care for the specific hands they used, but overall the face and case are nice.

I'm not kanyeezy and probably couldn't do the homeless look very well, but what does Veeky Forums think about old shit that has a lot of wear and tear to it? I found an old watch which looks alright to me, but its got no band, its an automatic, and isn't running, but if i shake it for a minute the second hand will tick for a good 15 seconds. Do I just need to take it to a jeweler to wind it back up? pic related. I assume I could find a NATO leather band to wear it again, I'm not a fan of bracelets or metal bands.

corrosion and wear on the obverse

If I wind the crown a few turns, the second hand will also tick. Do I just keep winding this like a motherfucker?

I love the face, but I don't think watches are one of those items that look good with wear and tear, I'd get a full touch up.

>b-uhr with the hour hand longer than the hour marker ring

JUST

Nah, you can't "touch up" pitting and corrosion like that without machining a little more material away, then refinishing or anodizing.

Take it to a watch shop and ask for a service. It will be expensive and they may discover that it needs a repair of some kind, which will cost even more. Don't wear a wristwatch that doesn't work though.

That said, Rolexes look great no matter how beat up they are. You might want to polish it up somehow just to get it to look at least marginally well taken care of.

I prefer my vintage timex mechanical

I wear pic related as my everyday watch.

Super understated but has the convenience/quality factor of other Rolexes.

>inb4 muh rolex hate meme

Beautiful, how much did your get it for?

Need some advice Anons.

My dad wants to get me a watch for my graduation. He suggested a Rolex submariner.

Now hear me out. Im going to be a young professional, wearing suits and normcore on the daily.

Is this a good timeless (kek) piece?

i got one of these.

$4600 brand new through greymarket dealer

Yes it's a great piece, but I would get one of the subtle ones i.e. Not the blue/gold.

>Buying a fake watch
The post.

>has never bought a moderately expensive watch in his entire life
>knows absolutely nothing about the watch market

please tell me more about the watch I bought from a dealer with thousands of positive reviews on watchuseek and rolexforums and sells pateks and APs on the reg.

also be sure to go let the rolex boutique where I had the bracelet length changed know it was a fake.

>so insecure about his purchase
>needs to validate his purchase to anons
>thinks the mall kiosk knows the difference between real and fakes
>trusts easily purchased reviews

They say it is expensive to be poor and stupid. You are a great example.

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

>projecting accompanied by pseudointellectual proverbs

wtf I hate this watch now

You can wind it yes, typically it's like 10-20 turns. I would however get it serviced.

What do you guys think of this watch? amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00M6MTMJU/ref=cts_wa_2_vtp?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2601945562&pf_rd_r=QEEPQH7FTRE1JB94J4NA&pd_rd_wg=tQMYp&pf_rd_s=mobile-detail-softlines&pf_rd_t=40701&pi=SL110&pd_rd_i=B00M6MTMJU&pd_rd_w=i0cZh&pf_rd_i=mobile-detail-softlines&pd_rd_r=QEEPQH7FTRE1JB94J4NA&dpPl=1&dpID=51qagNoNl4L#immersive-view_1485057176001

>reddit filename
You have to go back.

I just did about 20 winds, and its not ticking, but if i kinda simulate arm movement, it'll start ticking away. Its got a really nice sound of 3 ticks per second. I think I'll jut have to find a quote to see how much it'll be to get it serviced. A good one on ebay (not running) is $50 with band, so if its much money it'll end up in my drawer forever.

>Knowing how a Reddit filename looks like.

You should go with him.

>be wristlet
>literally everything looks G-Shock on me, or sparkles because it's made for wimmin

Seriously where does one find plain looking ~40mm> watches that also don't cost enough that I'll be mugged for it

Amazon, timex, casio, there are hundreds of

The SNK809 and other budget oriented Seiko 5s are the watch of choice for wristlets.
amazon.com/Seiko-SNK809-Automatic-Stainless-Canvas/dp/B002SSUQFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1485064845&sr=1-1&nodeID=6358540011&keywords=seiko 5

beauty, I dig the black face and the green canvas strap. What's the specific model?

Ebay my man. Vintage watches. Do some research, but in general if you're looking for a nice sized watch for a small wrist (I am in this boat as well) vintage watches are way cheaper than new. Get a decent 200 dollar one and maybe have it serviced and it'll be good for life.

Are Casio's Tough Solar watches EMP-proof?

Get something mechanical if you care about that kind of shit.

You didn't answer my question.

If we're talking about something like a NEMP or devastating solar flare, it'll be fried without a doubt. Something of that magnitude could easily fry a computer, so the simple electronics in a digital Casio would stand little to no chance.

I wear rocks; fuck that rinky-dink shit.

Just spent part of my bonus on a new watch. Was considering the Tag Aquaracer ceramic bezel and the Tudor Pelagos, went for the Tag due to having another 20% off.

It's a vintage Timex Camper watch, the ever last timex model with a mechanical movement. It was developed first for the military as disposable plastic watch.
It also became famous for being MacGyver's watch in the first 3 seasons.
They used to go for $40 in the 80s but now they go for like $100 on eBay if you happen to find one.
I got lucky as fuck and snatched mine in a clean condition for just 14€ shipped on an auction, the NATO is the original one.
Last year Timex did a limited edition reissues with quartz movement and indigo but same appearance, but it has completely lost its charm imo.
More infos:

hodinkee.com/articles/the-history-of-the-real-timex-military-watch-plastic-disposa

fieldwatch.blogspot.de/2013/04/timex-vietnam-war-era-old-camper.html?m=1

I hate watches with big faces because I have small wrist but that seems to be what's in style now
The only thing I can find with smaller faces is the cheap ones from big retail stores

>buying retail

If you want nice small faced stuff you will need to get vintage. There's plenty of cool stuff on eBay.

>wristlets
Wristlet here. I'm currently using a Casio F-91W that feels pretty comfortable. I'm considering buying a Seiko 5 and add a leather strap, just like your pic related. Should I go for it?

I have the SNK809 and it gets the job done. Doesn't look too bad either. And yeah, you WILL want to get rid of the original band.

Gorgeous, as u said understated..
I am saving for buying one next year for my 30
Every watch nerd is wearing a sub in Paris.. too much sub

I just want a relatively slim basic watch with a relatively slim black leatherband without laying too much money. Pls help wi give fellatio in return

orient flight

MVMT is shit

dont listen to the "only old guys wear watches" crowd. theyre the same people who wear graphic tees and jeans every single day. you have been warned, user.

is this watch effay?

Sandnigger cunt.

I don't like these 2-layer faces, it just detracts from it by offering more concentric circles. Also that date window is hopelessly small. That band is nice though.

>buying a Fag Whore watch

Ever since tag bought them it's just been shit reissues of good watches and overpriced quartz shit. And Jean-Claude Biver is a shitcunt

>Buying a Tag Heuer
>Buying a fucking Aquaracer
Enjoy your overpriced faulty crown.

Is Junkers effay?

Thx

They're for the type of person who like the Max Bill, but can't justify the price.

my personal pick, mice and understated

Wristwatches are usually a conservative piece but there are many effay ones out there. You just gotta know where to look

I have pic related

This man speaks the truth. You can find an old school Omega, for example, for a solid $250 there.

Also, vintage swatches on ebay go for around 20 bucks. I got this one for 25 I believe

fucking dope
wanna cop that

thanks my dude

/r/ that Veeky Forums watch tier pyramid thing.

whoo boy that is UUUUg ly

Lmao fellow wristlet, just wear an old watch my mam got for me

>pic related

>Pic related, my 10/10 watch

>How many levels of irony are you on right now?

is that one of the ones that originally came with a canvas strap that shared the color of the face? did you have to cut that off?

Where did you find this it's fantastic.

Yeah that's the type. That's no my watch (although I do own an 803 that I've yet to swap out the original band), all you need to do is use a small flathead or a dedicated tool to push back the spring bar that's holding the strap in place.

anyone got the "6 positions of resting a mechanical watch when not being worn" infographic?

This.

If you're not abiding by The Chart, then don't wear watches.

It's pretty simple.

give it to me straight now Veeky Forumsmalam - how much of a faggot am I for thinking tank americaine is the GOAT timepiece?

I'm not even a wristwatch person at all, but this one gets me weak and some day I'll hopefully afford to cop one

as you can see here re cartier >only if you REALLY want to

so acceptable enough.

the silhouette on the wrist is interesting, looks like a circular band, almost bracelet like. The only reason to wear it would be when dressing up, cannot be used in a casual setting.

not remotely true.

one can dress most tanks down somewhat

certainly not jeans and a t

but a dress shirt and khakis, no problem.

tanks cant be worn in any capacity without a button down shirt and belt. That's a very limited subset of "casual"

How do you define Vintage for those brands? Is there a year cutoff or something? Is it fashion opined, or craftsmanship related?

im cheap dgaf

dont follow a pyramid something autist made on Veeky Forums

vintage = '50's, '60's and '70's.

you're blocked. don't bother replying, I won't ever be able to see your posts again.

Watch ppl of Veeky Forums, is this a somewhat accurate chart?
Why are Tissot no good? Thought they had a p good reputation.

Its a retarded guide that has no logic or reasoning. It gets spammed in watch threads along with that arabic writing guy. Its baseless and has no logical sorting.

Fuck, those are killer. I would totally wear one of those.

I think dressing it down is more about the setting than the actual clothes it's being paired with.
Yachting in the mediterranean, a slopeside lunch in Val d'Isère or fast asleep in business class.

I'm more of a Reverso person myself.

Holy fuck is that a 40mm it looks huge on u

i'm in love with the Speedmaster's

tfw 40mm looks small

Thinking about getting this one. Thoughts?

Get instead. Not the moonphase though, that might be a little out of your budget. ;)

I'm in the market for a daily wear black/silver watch in the ~$500 range.
Preferably something that goes well with a dark suit too.

The problem is that I have pretty small wrists (16 cm), so the trend with blimpy half cup sized watches kinda limits my choices.

Something similar to pic, but less pricy. Date complication not necessary.
Any recommendations?