/diy/

Do it yourself/ re-purposing general

Let's not dump unrelated things and call it "inspo" edition

Anything about making your own clothes, customizing and/or tailoring goes here. Talk about your projects. Ask Questions. Share information. Help each other out.

PASTEBIN:
pastebin.com/hnXtzTk7
(if you think the pastebin lacks any information, just ask)
Japanese magazines, just in case you need them
pastebin.com/Q2iDYiAM

Last thread:

I hated how much money those dudes who made the USB light up shoes made so I decided that I want to make my own better ones

Is English your first language?

A better question is, how did you make it?

>rick glowens

how do I create the si "fallout colour" like pic related in fabric?

You dont, Stone Island employs various metals and other resources to mix with their fabrics, thus giving it the unique look. Acid washing would work for the effect but I dont know how you would achieve that color without the specific fabric.

Getting the corners right is difficult.

I'm going to wash the stroke of patchwork in cold water with a color catcher to see if there's any color deplacement and if the plastic ring doesn't get loose.

might try acid wash flectarn. What stops the acid from damaging the structural integrity of the fabric?

how do I bleach/paint fabrics like sterling ruby?

this hazmat yellow is gorgeous

Let the bleach drip from the brush. Splash it with a brush. Use a spray bottle. Use an elastic band to hold some fabric together and spill some bleach on it.

jackson pollock my man :)

I doubt you can, to achieve his level you can even be an artist yourself

LEDs, fiber optics, and hot glue
Lol

Hi, owner of the pastebin here.

I'm looking for a better site to host my files. At the moment I use zippyshare, but I don't want to update the links every month and it isn't neatly arranged. I used MEGA, but my account got deleted. Should I try MEGA again or something else?

Should we create DIY magazine or something?

Waxing the fabric might do it. The dusty appearance will come with wear

It would be cool. I know /co/ had their own comics magizine, called Premier comics I believe. You need to how to how to digitize patterns, how to work with InDesign and how to write a text in correct English. More importantly, you need enough people that create enough content. I think at the moment there aren't enough people that make OC.

what about google drive?

This.

I was posting links before, trying to help curate the pastebin, but I've run out of stuff to post, and I've got nothing new to post that's actually clothing related, and I don't think people want me to spam inspo shit.

>how to work with InDesign
I know for a fact that at least 2 people here are /gd/ fags, so that's cool
I still think we need to be more to do a magazine

I know it's not great quality, but it's my first time with embroidery. It's a heart I put on the sleeve of a white denim shirt.

Is there a good guide to screen printing words onto a sweatshirt?

I'll try MEGA again. Let's see how long it stays up
Https://mega.nz/#F!X0kDWQIT!PJv7VB4MM9JXJV6cFYvuWA

Perhaps you could make something?

To be more? You mean more people or offering other things besides tutorials, like editorials, recommendations (/mu/) and interviews?

Have you checked the pastebin?

doesn't look like a heart but it's pretty in an abstract way

I have been making stuff, just not stuff that's specifically clothing-related. (Hyrule shield prop)

>tfw I wanna contribute to this idea of a mag but I've never into DIY b4 nor am spectacular at graphic design.

OP here
There was barely any real content in the last thread, don't you think it is a little pretentious to try and do a magazine this soon? How about we just stick to making shit for a while before telling other people how to make shit?

You are right. I never said otherwise. At the moment there aren't enough people that make OC.

I'll upload some pics of my sweater project tomorrow.

Bleach in a spray bottle could work

Thinking of getting some Caravaggio on a pale denim jacket I have. Should I do it?

jus finished with this vest. thoughts?

view from the front. should i add pockets or smthg

I like the back 100x more than the front, also the logo is no good. Too precious and cute and forced, and you're meming off of something too un/fa/.

The parts about it that I like I really like though. The use of what looks to be distressed milsurp fabric and the patchwork is sick. Not sure about the white strip and dangly stringy bits at the bottom but I don't totally hate it.

OP here. i jus thought the front do the most in complementing this? the shade isnt any darker tho its edited. if it has appeal i might wanna mass produce n sell it. idk

Hell yeah

fucking do it I want this so bad

great work user

I managed to get the edges straight. It's difficult, because it's precision work. 3 millimeters off and it looks bad. Going to practice some more with triangles, trapezoids and circles.

I also found a green letterbox without a key.

too many ideas going off here
the pathwork milsurp fabric is enough. The velcro straps are a nice touch too.