tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment
skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I woke up to find a big red patch on my face

What is it and how do I get rid of it?

Are you using a new product? Your skin could be having a bad reaction to it.

I've been using pic related for about two months

But up until a few days ago I would just put it on my face and then wash it off. For the past few days I've been rubbing it in for about a minute then washing it off. Could that by why my nose is red?

It could be. Try going back to the other method and seeing if that was the cause. It might take a few days though.

I forgot to do my routine last evening and woke up with skin clearer than ever. Is that I sign I should cut back on the cleansing and moisturizing?

This happened to me too
I think a lot of it is just memes
Doing too much shit just aggravates your face

What are some good exfoliators? Strides made me break out.

Somebody please tell me if my subhuman shit-tier eyes are fixable or if I should just kms now

Stridex*

I've got dry flakey skin, what do?

Cerave PM cream applied after washing face with a gentle cleanser twice a day fixed this for me. Never scrub your face as well, just pat it dry

Alright, thanks

Ginger here.
How do i get rid of the general redness in my cheeks?

how do I get rid of blackheads
my face is fine except for those fuckers

I wash my face every evening
exfoliate every other day

bump

Mine are sort of like this. I have really bad shadows under my eyes and I think it's a vitamin A deficiency.

I'm really pale and my general strategy is just having a good routine, especially good moisturizing (if you have dry skin) and it will be diminished. This only works so well if you are really pale because any bit of redness from being warm will probably show. :/

if it's genetic there's nothing you can do except swallow your pride and try concealer

moisturizer

I have ridiculously huge bags under my eyes from years of working night shifts and classes. How can I get rid of this shit.

>stopped smoking 2 months ago
>this combined to my quality routine is showing great signs of improvement

Feels good desu

What do you guys recommend for skin discoloration from scars? Specifically what I have are small circular patches of darker pink skin surrounding the areas where I had to use cyrotherapy to remove some lesions. Lesions are gone now, but I want to speed up the healing process the best I can.

I've been using the neosporin scar treatment ointment and it seems to helping, but it's pretty expensive for the very little you get.

Would easier/less expensive items like ACV or cocobuit oil work as well?

Your suggestions would be great
Thanks guys

that's your nose mate

Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients.

I need products recommendations on these

>Cleanser/Face Wash
>Toner
>Exfoliator
>Moisturizer(preferably with UVA/UVB Blocker)

Afterwards I stand in front of a chrome and acrylic Washmobile bathroom sink—with soap dish, cup holder, and railings that serve as towel bars, which I bought at Hastings Tile to use while the marble sinks I ordered from Finland are being sanded—and stare at my reflection with the ice pack still on. I pour some Plax antiplaque formula into a stainless-steel tumbler and swish it around my mouth for thirty seconds. Then I squeeze Rembrandt onto a faux-tortoise-shell toothbrush and start brushing my teeth (too hung over to floss properly—but maybe I flossed before bed last night?) and rinse with Listerine. Then I inspect my hands and use a nailbrush. I take the ice-pack mask off and use a deep-pore cleanser lotion, then an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for ten minutes while I check my toenails. Then I use the Probright tooth polisher and next the Interplak tooth polisher (this in addition to the toothbrush) which has a speed of 4200 rpm and reverses direction forty-six times per second; the larger tufts clean between teeth and massage the gums while the short ones scrub the tooth surfaces. I rinse again, with Cepacol. I wash the facial massage off with a spearmint face scrub. The shower has a universal all-directional shower head that adjusts within a thirty-inch vertical range. It’s made from Australian gold-black brass and covered with a white enamel finish. In the shower I use first a water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Vidal Sassoon shampoo is especially good at getting rid of the coating of dried perspiration, salts, oils, airborne pollutants and dirt that can weigh down hair and flatten it to the scalp which can make you look older. The conditioner is also good—silicone technology permits conditioning benefits without weighing down the hair which can also make you look older.

On weekends or before a date I prefer to use the Greune Natural Revitalizing Shampoo, the conditioner and the Nutrient Complex. These are formulas that contain D-panthenol, a vitamin-B-complex factor; polysorbate 80, a cleansing agent for the scalp; and natural herbs. Over the weekend I plan to go to Bloomingdale’s or Bergdorf’s and on Evelyn’s advice pick up a Foltene European Supplement and Shampoo for thinning hair which contains complex carbohydrates that penetrate the hair shafts for improved strength and shine. Also the Vivagen Hair Enrichment Treatment, a new Redken product that prevents mineral deposits and prolongs the life cycle of hair. Luis Carruthers recommended the Aramis Nutriplexx system, a nutrient complex that helps increase circulation. Once out of the shower and toweled dry I put the Ralph Lauren boxers back on and before applying the Mousse A Raiser, a shaving cream by Pour Hommes, I press a hot towel against my face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then I always slather on a moisturizer (to my taste, Clinique) and let it soak in for a minute. You can rinse it off or keep it on and apply a shaving cream over it—preferably with a brush, which softens the beard as it lifts the whiskers—which I’ve found makes removing the hair easier. It also helps prevent water from evaporating and reduces friction between your skin and the blade. Always wet the razor with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last, since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting.

Afterwards splash cool water on the face to remove any trace of lather. You should use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol. Never use cologne on your face, since the high alcohol content dries your face out and makes you look older. One should use an alcohol-free antibacterial toner with a water-moistened cotton ball to normalize the skin. Applying a moisturizer is the final step. Splash on water before applying an emollient lotion to soften the skin and seal in the moisture. Next apply Gel Appaisant, also made by Pour Hommes, which is an excellent, soothing skin lotion. If the face seems dry and flaky—which makes it look dull and older—use a clarifying lotion that removes flakes and uncovers fine skin (it can also make your tan look darker). Then apply an anti-aging eye balm (Baume Des Yeux) followed by a final moisturizing “protective” lotion. A scalp-programming lotion is used after I towel my hair dry. I also lightly blow-dry the hair to give it body and control (but without stickiness) and then add more of the lotion, shaping it with a Kent natural-bristle brush, and finally slick it back with a wide-tooth comb.

I started adding Korean skincare products to my routine in the fall last year. Good results, smaller pores, less redness. Skincare is practically a religion over there and there's a product for everything.

day

>cleanser
>toner
>sunscreen

night

>oil based cleanser if wearing makeup
>cleanser
>toner
>acne treatment
>sheet mask
>serum
>moisturizer
>eye cream

It's a meme. But cleaning it is good, and the clearness was probably a result of you taking the time to flush out and clean your pores. It's good giving it a night every now and then to recover.

Sunscreen is the most important thing you can use. It prevents redness and wrinkles. Find one that's not very greasy or smelly that's comfortable enough to use every day.

If it's mostly bags and puffiness I had this too and adding a retinol eye cream helped. I still sleep like shit so I'm not doing everything I can to help. My jar of Clinique All About Eyes isn't even halfway gone and I've been using it since last year.

I've tried pore strips and other gimmicky things but my nose is always a huge problem too. The best thing I used for a temporary fix was TonyMoly Egg Pore Nose pack but the pores become large a couple of nights later. It might just be hereditary if you've tried strips or removers and they keep coming back.

>Cleanser/Face wash
Dr. Bronner's Liquid Soap
>Toner
No idea, sorry.
>exfoliator
Any generic salicylic acid with low % and without microbeads.
>Moisturizer
CeraVe Facial Lotion + >40SPF sunscreen; every single face is different for sunscreen, so look around until you find one you like, use small sizes at first and then a big batch when you find one that's good for you.

got any advice for me? I'm

Use makeup until you can afford laser.

wait am i also supposed to use toner in the evening??

Why not?

I've had discoloration from acne scars and eczema but not something as deeply seated as the circles.

If you're willing to try a few things out, there are products like eye treatments and creams for evening these tones - the keyword for them is "brightening". If you're concerned about the depth you could find something that doubles as firming.

See Peach & Lily's Snail Repair Eye Cream and again, TonyMoly has a lot of cheap options for caring for the skin around your eyes.

URSA MAJOR VERMONT

/thread

i've been using cerave since I was 20 but now it doesn't seem to have the same effect. i know if got bought by loreal a while back... did they change the formula?

i'm going to try lotus youth preserve 7 complex and some ceramide face masks.

Where can i buy korean skin products and what products do u guys suggest??

im a man, i cant wear make up lmao

Some user recommended those on /adv/.

Do they work to some degree or are they a complete rip off?

Do you guys cleanse before or after a shower? Feels a bit bizarre doing it either side, honestly.

Whats the general opinion on enzyme based exfoliators?

No it's not. It usually doesn't get red

apparently a rip off. just spend the 80-120 it takes for preventative botox

How long should the cleanser/exef/moistrazure stay on my face before washing? Should I apply them at the same time or one by one?

during

what
exfoliator -> rinse
cleanser -> rinse
pat dry
moisturiser

Try Amazon, Ulta, and Yesstyle's beauty section. Sokoglam is another but you can usually find that stuff on Amazon cheaper.Some of the less expensive ones are TonyMoly, Etude House, Innisfree, and Peach & Lily - used those with good results.

If any makeup or cover up is being used at all then an oil based cleanser dissolves it all off like nothing. Going over your skin again with a lighter water based cleanser gets rid of the stubborn stuff. Just a recommendation for people who do

I do it after the shower because the warm steam helps open up the pores. If you don't like washing up at the sink you can do it at the end of the shower too. Noticed a difference to when I used to go in with tight cold-weather face.

I'd give treatments a minute or so to absorb before using a moisturizer.

I just got this off amazon, what do you think Veeky Forums?
Also am I supposed to use it after showering?

Post before/after pics.

gay af

bump

I don't think it matters, but do warm your face up with a warm cloth before for best results I think

>cetaphil daily facial cleanser
>clean and clear essentials oil control toner
>clean and clear advantage toner
>cerave facial moisturizing lotion with spf 30

I've used all of these. The Nivea toner works well too, my boyfriend uses it and he likes it. I'm currently using Cetaphil's moisturizer with SPF because I like to match the line I'm using, but it's really greasy. Have to compensate by using less.

I thought popping/squeezing was bad.

you could have bought a pack of pick style tooth floss. they work better

A mild (less effective) kind of exfoliation, suitable for more sensitive skin. It works - no doubt about it. It may simply be less effective than the alternatives, and more expensive.

I've been using noxzema face wash and Retin-A + benzoyl peroxide 2.5% for about 4 months now. I have yet to see any real improvement to my skin as bumps pimples still appear here and there. My doctor told me that the Retin-A combo would be the last thing I would try before directing me to a dermatologist. Should I use another face cleanser and continue to use the Retin-A combo or just say fuck it and go to the dermatologist?

how the fuck do I get rid of acne scars
I have a really bad one right above my lip that almost looks like a cold sore

Go to a derm man, no point fucking around with guesswork. Let the pros do it.

For the moisturizer with UV blocker, does an excess of SPF have any negative effect?

Tell me you moisturize after you exfoliate with that?

>tfw perfect skin

Crazy high SPF products are a meme. Surfers and beachgoers buy them because of the marketing and they think that the denser filtering chemicals will provide better protection, when 70 is a marginal difference from 30. You don't need those amounts of chemicals on you every day. You shouldn't experience negative effects under 30.

Iirc with spf 15 you get 90% protection and most products will start at 30 for optimal protection, so stay around 30 for everyday use depending on how easily you burn. I'm using 15 right now because it's winter and I lay off of it completely if I'm not leaving the house.

Can anyone get on the right track to skin care. I only use Vaseline cocoa radiant lotion. My forehead appears somewhat tight or dry but for the most part my skin tends to feel a tad bit oily. I have white and black heads. What products and routine would you guys recommend

I find pic related works well for me, but it's possibly the most expensive cream you can buy at a drug store. Is there any knock-offs with the same ingredients that are cheaper?

I've got keratosis pilaris and the dermatologist told me it was just genetics and I can't really fix it, should I kill myself?

what do you guys recommend for removing blackheads? my face is lookin pretty good skin wise but my nose is bumpy now

at least they didn't give you a $100 cream that only works for two weeks because thats all thats in the can.

perfect is just normal skin that isnt oily or dry or acne prone. 30% of the human race has normal skin

what's a toner for under $20 for normal skin types?

Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel toners.

thank you, it looks like what i want

How much do you guys spend on skincare products on a monthly basis? Is it realistic to get a routine going for about 30 Euro a month?

I've never really used anything beside moisturizer before and never had any problems with my skin. But lately my skin became dryer than usual and some fine lines appreared. Never had those. Might be that I've started aging, might be because I use a little bit too much of minoxidil. I've read that it can inhibit collagen production.

So I've bought RETINOL VITAMIN A 2.5% serum, VITAMIN C 30% serum and HYALURONIC ACID HA 60% serum. I wonder how I can use them. Can I apply every serum one after another in the evening? Or can I just apply one at a time and rotate them? I also have a derma roller, should I roll once in a while to increase absorbtion of those serums? I feel that I can fuck something up with all this if I start just applying everything right away. Advice will be highly appreciated.

What is an absolute minimum of things you need to use to take care of your skin?

Can you guys also throw in some products in category best result for lowest price which I can order off amazon? Like that Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel toner. Do I even need a toner?

If there's anything I learned in the few recent years of testing and asking around - less is more.

Gentle daily cleanser + moisturizer = what the vast majority of people should be using to achieve great skin.

What would be a good and cheap gentle cleanser?

Cetaphil is prob where I'd start - but generally speaking any gentle daily cleanser should be fine.

Also if you're just getting into skincare I'd like to emphasize how important it is to be gentle to your skin while washing, don't wash it like you're trying to remove permanent marker off your face.

Read the sticky.

Cleanser and moisturizer in the morning and the evening. Cetaphil or CaraVe. You only need a very small amount, so a 500ml cleanser and a 250ml moisturizer will last you for four months at least.

keep it simple: cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen

i use spf 15 moisturizer for general use throughout the year and only add sunscreen on top on hot summer days. its crazy how much people underestimate how bad the sun can age your skin

tell that to koreans who still look 15 when they're 40.

1. I'm a male, jesus fuck knows I wouldn't want to look 15 years old more than I had to
2. At the basis of their routines is cleansing and moisturizing
3. Genetics play a role, I know a Korean guy who does nothing with his skin and looks about 20, he's 33 - has less to do with his skin quality, more with facial features.

Sun protection factor (SPF) only measures UVB protection. What you want is a broad spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVB and UVA, but unfortunately SPF doesn't measure this. An analogous measure to SPF for UVA protection is called persistent pigment darkening (PPD).

European sunscreens are regulated to have PPD >= SPF / 3, so getting "crazy high SPF" European sunscreen also provides adequate UVA protection. The best sunscreens report their PPD directly. The highest one that I know of is La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Fluid Ultra-Light, which has a PPD of 42.

Sunscreens also lose their efficacy when not re-applied. Another benefit of a "crazy high SPF + PPD" sunscreen is that even when it has lost, say, 50% of its efficacy, it's still quite protective.

I used to only have like one or two pimples on my face, but now I have really shitty acne. My face is dotted with it, but it's pretty noticable

I use the salicylic acid and the benzyl thingy but it doesn't seem to be doing anything

What products should I use?

I already use aveeno daily moisturizing lotion, and I put that on before anything else

what should my routine be.

ps, I'm poor and live in america

>p 10

'no'

No I am not. I'll take it I should be moisturising?

There's next to no point in doing anything to your face if you don't moisturize. It's just going to end up looking irritated.

Hey guys I fucked up big time by picking my skin
Is there anything that can speed up repair?

thanks for the tip. what moisturizer should I buy?

Does hot water have a negative effect on your skin?

so, the skin on my face practically entirely peels off if it gets hot enough when wet (e.g. hot shower, or blowdrying after a shower)

is there anything i can use to help counter this?

my face also gets inflamed really easily, causing red patches whenever i shave and with a lot of different facial cleansing products

(to clarify, the peeling consists of very small flecks that come off across my entire face)

What should I look for/avoid in toners or moisturizers?

>have a morning/evening routine
>have a couple hundred in product
>am too lazy to do it, haven't done either in two weeks

w2c the brain of a person who has their shit together

you have dry skin and hot water makes it drier. you need to moisturize every morning and evening, and especially showering or washing your face/body. lay off the facial cleansers for now, use cold water and pat dry, then moisturize.

have something for sale, if you all are interested
retin-a from mexico, generic, same shit you pay 100 bucks a tube for
I have like 6 tubes

feels good being able to eat like shit and not shower and have perfect skin

I'm interested. Price? Where are you at?

10 bucks a tube
I found 4

Cerave brand makes good, generally non-irritating moisturizers. There's a 30spf day moisturizer that's not oily and very gentle, great as part of a morning routine