Hey Veeky Forums i'm reading neuromancer and falling in love with the cyberpunk setting...

hey Veeky Forums i'm reading neuromancer and falling in love with the cyberpunk setting. how would one go about dressing cyberpunk without coming off as a total dork?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.y-3.com/us/y3store/zipped-jumper_cod39667022pc.html
guerrilla-group.co/collections/new-releases/products/16f-es-jj01
youtube.com/watch?v=_TtHrgR9GNg&t=125s
neondystopia.com/cyberpunk-fashion-lifestyle/get-cyberpunk-clothing/
reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/wiki/clothing
youtube.com/watch?v=xjytGvXdgqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Techwear, but don't go full techninja or else you'll look like a dork

beanie or cap
nerdy glasses
cav empt top pref a fleece sweater or graphic sweatshirt
cargo athletic pants made of that nylon/poly shit (maharishi works too)
nike black sfbs
black laptop backpack
headphones

i'm not hke. just a fan. the new album was not very good but brand new day is a staple of futuristic electronic music

>cav empt top
i wish i had the money to invest in something like that.

lol what is this from?

Why are you browsing this board then?

curiosity mainly. sometimes i find cool stuff that's affordable, or tips for dressing that are applicable to poorfags too

I would rather listen Klaus Schulze Kontinuum as a neuromancer soundtrack. It have this cheesy retro-futurism aesthetics of the book

store.y-3.com/us/y3store/zipped-jumper_cod39667022pc.html

i dig this myself but as of now, i'm not in need of an edgy jacket nor am willing to spend money on one

Japanese auction sites.

Mondo 2000

I have a collection of these magazines and they all have pretty crazy stuff.

can't believe i've never heard of this guys before. i love tangerine dream, but i've never heard of him. i'll check that album out now

>I have a collection of these magazines and they all have pretty crazy stuff.
damn post some more if you've got time. that sounds awesome

Dress like Deckard in Blade Runner. This is the only correct answer.

relevant

am I autistic for wearing guerilla group

>voltmeter

very.

Next question

damn that was inspiring

God damn is that a fucking kimono over a hoodie? With a zip pocket? wew.

guerrilla-group.co/collections/new-releases/products/16f-es-jj01

>greenshirts hair

:o)

b

Definitely want one of these t-shirts to start you off.

absolutely disgusting

It's this. Simplicity is absolutely key. You gotta be really subtle because this look is easy to go over the top with.

I don't have a scanner but I'll post a few more things. I think Mondo 2000 had something to do with the movie "Hackers" since they both have product placement for Jolt Cola and Virtuality systems. I actually own 2 of the virtuality visors shown in the movie that retailed new for $60,000, they're my prized possessions.

the 90s were truly the best era for cyberpunk

>einstürzende neubauten
damn pretty patrician t b h

Looks like a bad anime cosplay

Oh shit wtc?

Kys

My man. Finished it last night.

You can't say that and not post pictures.

It's Serbian police tiger stripe/lizard camo. Check eBay or various surplus stores.

Become Federal Yugoslav Ministry of the Interior

Which should I get? Want one from the top row and one from the bottom. Going to be going on just a black bomber.

Here's a picture from when I first bought them, they're displayed on mannequin heads now. Got both headsets, a bunch of extra hardware, all the manuals, and even the instructional VHS tape which you can see the contents of here.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TtHrgR9GNg&t=125s

They weren't even expensive, got it all for under $150 despite how impossibly rare they are.

I also have a beachhead arcade machine with a VR headset, props from the show "Video Power", promotional materials for "VR Troopers", promotional materials for "Johnny Mnemonic" and a bunch of omnibots from the 80s. I really like collecting cyberpunk things.

It's all shit except for Sei.

I'd say get a Section 9 patch, but without the SAC.

Thank you

>beachhead arcade machine with a VR headset
Fucking sick. I remember loving the shit out of that game when I was young.

Thoughts ?

I have cargos coming in the mail, will post fit if thread isn't dead by then.

oh my god i really hope --
no you have to be ironic

cyberdruid core

>mfw this thread

looks pretty cool. would like to see fit

Thanks. Keep this thread bookmarked and I'll try to keep it alive until my pants get here. If it dies I'll be in techwear generals.

I could see this being Cyberpunk, but in a type of world that has a greater emphasis on the "low life" instead of the "high tech". So I guess something along the lines of Deus Ex, or the Cyberpunk and Shadowrun RPGs instead of something like Akira or Ghost in the Shell.

>in a type of world that has a greater emphasis on the "low life" instead of the "high tech"
this is how cyberpunk should always be

>tfw not living in a metropolis

neondystopia.com/cyberpunk-fashion-lifestyle/get-cyberpunk-clothing/
reddit.com/r/Cyberpunk/wiki/clothing

Me looking into cyberpunk clothing is literally what got me interested in fashion

I wont dress cyberpunk now but hey I opened a new door

But the hardest part is finding designers that wont sell their shit for 3000 bucks

So I guess go for something encompassing something dystopian instead, plenty of choices for that

>futuristic electronic music
You what mayet?

All this 'vapor' nonsense is just ambient. Downbear at a push.
It is not redefining anything, definitely not pushing boundaries.

>All this 'vapor' nonsense is just ambient
ambient is an extremely diverse style of music. dismissing something as "just ambient" is silly. there's tons of room for experimentation within the ambient genre. as for the style of "vapor" it would be pretty ignorant to deny the huge influence of the internet and internet culture in that musical movement. even if the music isn't necessarily boundary pushing (i never even said that 2184 was), if you look at post-internet electronic music conceptually and contextually there's lots of exciting innovation going on.

look at amnesia scanner for instance. this shit is wild youtube.com/watch?v=xjytGvXdgqA

gonna posting some more from this set. it's one of my favourites
this is so damn comfy
military surplus stuff is your best bet if you don't have much money. wont be as clean or technical as modern/expensive stuff but it's in the same vein

Get that poser shit out of here.

pretty sure the album is called "birth of a new day"

Thank you for the dump !

Anyone know w2c this ?

you're right my bad

damn this is sexy

Saw this on UO some time ago, pair it with round tinted sunglasses and an eccentric haircut and that comes close to cyberpunk imo

damn. wtc something similar to the bottom right?

essential cyberpunk inspo

radiation-wave

Techwear

But you need to carefully stain your clothes with coffee, semen, vomit, and cocaine JUST SO in order to get the prfect look.

I can appreciate both extremes of the Cyberpunk style.

So two patagonia logos showing is a bit gay and that's why I need that yellow jacket.

I was originally going to wear the boots but the cargos turned out to be more tapered than I thought they would.

Also the waist strap that you see hanging looks autistic when attached, so only to be used when on the run from the cyberpolice!

i dig it. boots would definitely suit the look better. i think a yellow jacket would ruin it though. something darker and low key would be nice.

Thanks!
I was thinking maybe even a loose black corduroy bomber type jacket but with a regular collar for a more lowkey look.

But simple black hardshell could work too.

>visible logos
Way to show the world that the megacorps own you, chummer.

I already work for a megacorp (Walmart) so eh

>tfw jill will never lick you with her stinky cigarette tongue

why live

But you're right, I'd rather not be displaying all these logos.

>you will never pay dorothy to break your ribs with her inhuman strength
kill me

Bump

I love how cyberpunk is like techwear but with more freedoms to wear pieces that aren't necessarily "tech" or "futuristic".

this cant be real.

It really depends on the source material. Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020 focus more on the punk side, while something like the newer Deus Ex games focus more on the cyber aspect.