Is Apple effay?

Is the whole Apple ecosystem worth the added cost because it's fashionable? Is it even fashionable at this point? Is thinkpad-core a thing?

>Asking if a laptop is /fa

Kys it's just a laptop.

/g/ refers to them as more the domain of Veeky Forums

unless you have to work in logic or final cut for some reason don't bother.

Apple isn't Veeky Forums at all. Apple is for normies who don't know how to operate a computer.

Apple is fa by physical presence alone. That aluminum body is fresh af. I have that new glossy black iphone and fuck I love it so much. fingerprints and all.

what is the alternative?

What if i'm not a normie and i'm not interested in getting deeper into computer ?

A lot of things in the Apple ecosystem is so well thought and made. But again, it depends, are you poor enough to actually not find it appealing ?

and the entire adobe creative cloud

I mean I can afford it, but if it isn't worth the money then why bother. The reason I ask is because it seems like the only tech brand that looks fashionable.

looks better than any other everyday laptop but definitely overhyped in terms of the technical performance. would not buy with my own money. The next thing I'll get will be that palm size cpu.

then you're a normie

is thinkpad Veeky Forums?

Thinkpads are certainly effay.
The X1 Carbon however, is neither a proper thinkpad nor effay.

thinkpads are like having a palm treo when everybody else has an iphone

that's pretty much the only thing that jumps to mind

Only if your definition of thinkpad is "it's shit because it looks old"
Enjoy being a philistine I guess, I'll enjoy my nice fixable, modifiable, utility-rich computer that feels nice to type on, runs 24/7 without issue and has objectively appealing design

get whatever u want. just like the retarded phone threads having a "FASHIONABLE" electronic won't deter from your tragic style and/or face. if you have at least one of the previous points then it won't matter

it is an objectively boring design
not appealing, just mundane
macos is objectively better than windows 10

>macos is objectively better than windows 10
in what way? during the last year alone my macbook pro crashed at least 5 times while 2 wins that i'm using for a lot of stuff are performing just fine.

Studying a computer science course, 90% of staff and students use mac

>it's an objectively boring design

during the past 3 years i've never had a problem with my mbp
at all
windows 10's design is absolutely terrible
osx offered a much better platform for designing on photoshop and illustrator than windows 7 did (on a desktop with much "better" hardware than my mbp)

What the fuck are you talking about, osx offering a "platform" to use photoshop?
You're a typical macfag, no idea what he's talking about but wants to tell everyone who much better his glued and soldered together machine is better than any windows machine

>ecosystem
Why do you think you need to buy into that? You can have apple products and never touch it

ok well the the design is truly terrible, have to agree to that
have had cracked ps on all my wins (with decent hardware tho) since I think win 98. works just as good as on mac os.
also, guys that do not know how to reinstall and crack stuff is just well sad
at least for me

adobe doesnt run any better on apple than it does on anyo other OS, the reason people use apple shit for graphics work is the decent screens

pic related is what would happen when i would open a file that worked perfect on my mbp on the pc desktop

there's a fucking reason designers use macs--besides them being pretty-- you fucking nerd

the difference between windows and macos isnt noticed until you have a huge file, truthfully
before uni when i had a pc, windows was perfectly fine for the files i was creating
then i learned how to actually create stuff on photoshop and illustrator, game changer
all this being said,
if i were a gamer, there's no way i'd be shitposting from a mbp

is Windows vista Veeky Forums?

If I understand the lag correctly, that would happen due to a shitty RAM which was a thing back in 2001 if you had Nero burning and an open ps and maybe some hq prn downloading at the same time.

The screen might be a thing with mac computers but then again, the os performance would be just as good on a well put together pc with a win which kids these days just don't know how to do

>Thinkpads are certainly effay
Thinkpads are a meme. It's lame when people think something is cool because it's something you're supposed to "get", and others are cool for having it because they "get" it too.

Just like 90% of pieces praised on this board.

But i'm into better music that they can't comprehend, i value aesthetics that none of them can get into, their interactions bore me out because i'm just above them. I can't be a normie, i don't have friends and i listen to obscure music and watch only obscure films, i do it all to enhance my film and music IQ because i CAN'T be on the same level as them.

You can't call me a normie. There's dweebs (into computer and anime and vidya) and patricians (into music and art and film and photography) and i belong to the patrician.

Then you're a pleb. One or two seconds difference in speed doesn't mean anything. You won't feel it. But experience matters. Details matter.

Remember that while a mac can be slower, but the harmony between the hardware and software makes it work more efficiently. It means it gets worn out much less than a windows laptop, which means it will last longer because it has higher tolerance on "hardwork".

What a fucking heap of nonsense.
>macs are just better because they are
>they don't ''''''''''wear out'''''''''' as quickly

Memes are memes for a reason, if the content of the meme isn't fit to be passed on then it ceases to have the potential to be a meme. Think genetics. Thinkpads are built like tanks and you can do whatever the fuck you want with them, they're memes because they're good. I've owned both Macbooks and thinkpads and the latter wins.

Macs and iPhones are fashionable, yes. But the watches are not

I like Macbooks considering every windows laptop I have ever owned felt like a plastic pieces of shit and worked okay. But my Macbook pro is goin on 3 years, weighs less than all of the above, has more power, looks better, feels better and runs better.

What's a decent Thinkpad around 700 bucks for a college freshman

Yeah, but are they Veeky Forums? And if they are, is it worth using a less than perfect MacBook instead of a Thinkpad, simply because they are Veeky Forums?

>Is Apple effay?
According to society,yes.

Does anyone else think that Apple's whole aesthetic is hideous? Especially the UI.

Then you're a normie and an insufferable faggot
Your edgy tastes aren't better than the next guy's, it's just opinion

I still enjoy their hardware for the most part, but os x windows and the transluncency in os x and ios look awful.

noone truly fashionable uses computers/phones that aren't apple. Think of the types of people you see using apple products and the types of people who use samsung etc.

That's what it seems like to me, but I do see a certain Thinkpad aesthetic. Android phones are usually gross looking though.

Knowing a lot about computers isn't /fat with the exception of deep knowledge about creative software (photo/video/audio editing/creation)

>woah this $2000 computer runs better than this other $200 Best Buy pos whoda thunk?!

Maybe i'm biased because my job is selling/building computers, but lets discuss this.

>paying 1.5x the cost for dated hardware
>wannabe digital artists and basic bitch college girls are primary userbase
>intended for people who aren't smart enough to figure out how to use windows/linux efficiently and without breaking their shit
>the most mainstream status symbol availble

I mean, if you want a basic laptop that is functional, will have better specs than a macbook pro, cost half as much and not be mainstream garbage that was literally designed to be difficult to fix so if any hardware failure occurs you have to buy another one.. Check out the newest model of the HP envy, ideally the one with the 7th gen i7.

Being ignorant and getting ripped off isn't Veeky Forums imo. Those pieces of shit run the same parts as 800 dollar laptops mostly, but are priced at 1400+. You're basically paying for the OS, which you can torrent and install on any computer if you legitimately prefer it.

Apple phones are fine though, all of the decent smartphones are in the same price range pretty much and running similar performance processors.

Also, there's a joke that goes around at my job.

>Hey dude, that girl just asked if she could pay me to fuck her in the ass.
>So what'd you do?
>I sold her a mac

The older it is, the more effay it is. Also I hate the new keyboard.

no anything apple post 2009 isn't effay

sounds like a joke for virgins

it might not be always fa but it can be hot af. I'll take a guy who knows his open source stuff over a faggot who does the 'creative software' thing any day.

this
>you can torrent and install on any computer
nobody's doing that which proves your point well

Become one of us, one of us, one of us..

>actually owns an iPad
Must have been deprived of nutrition during pregnancy

Recently it's turned into complete utter shit. The last decent Macbook was the Mid-2015 15" MBPr.

Since then apple has just been releasing a bunch of overpriced shit that is not even worth the inflated price point for a slimmer design and ONE fucking USB-C port as well as a pathetic bar that let's you get your emojis faster for your snapchat

They're good for making music on.

If that's all you want to do then buy one; the workflow on a mac is very very good and installing plugins etc. is simple as shit.

I like them because I don't have to worry about viruses, all the programs just work immediately and I don't have to waste time. Just hook stuff up and work.

Also I hate the Windows interfaces since XP. The newest one especially infuriates me beyond belief. Mac is very well designed in terms of interface; very bold and simple and pleasing to the eye.

For everything else they are utter dogshit though, especially games. I got a 2015 Macbook Pro and it can't even run CS:GO well without everything being turned down. At least not being distracted by games keeps me productive though.

As for it being fashionable, I don't really know. I don't use it outside my room and I don't tell anyone I have one.

I will add that there does seem to be a backlash and you see more and more arty/fa people who you would think have a Mac with regular laptops. Maybe they're just part of the 'so uncool we're cool' trend that's around though who knows.

>Is the whole Apple ecosystem worth the added cost because it's fashionable?
Not anymore.

>Is it even fashionable at this point?
No. The last time it was fashionable was circa 2011 when they had the white MacBook and iPhone 4S.

>Is thinkpad-core a thing?
Yes, on /g/. Don't forget your Casio F-91W watch.

all of these are older models though, which were always the best. Compare that Macbook Pro to any computer made during the same time and it would (and still does) beat out computers in the same class. Even that really old Pro with the DVI under the iPad can still use versions of lightroom and photoshop to make nice a picture.

That being said they will not last another 5 years; that's where Thinkpads come in. They've got all the brand recognition that faggots want as well as all of the options that serious users need. Everything is replaceable and they sell hi-powered machines for really cheap 2nd hand.

I wonder how much it cost you to make this picture?

I just recently built a desktop setup and I spent $1100 for specs that would have cost me $2000-2500 if I went Mac.

This guy gets it. If you build a Linux or Windows machine for the cost of a Mac you'll get at least 1.5x better performance 100% of the time, just look at any tech channel on youtube. Even the highest end mac pro is shit compared to an equally priced pc and that's before even talking about modularity, flexibility of hardware/software interactions, etc etc.
TLDR for both our posts:
>macs are for computer-illiterate fools

Only vintage macs and iphones are Veeky Forums, today it is bullshit.
Being geek with the latest hardware is totally not Veeky Forums
Anyone doesn't care about if your computer Veeky Forums or not, it must be good for your work.

>That being said they will not last another 5 years
what makes you think like that ? apple is made to last long.

Make me a notebook as good as the 15 inch MacBook Pro for 2/3 of the price.

Lenovo yoga

iphones are gpat
but my $150 thinkpad t420 suits me well for college. fast af and handles everything well. keyboard sucks ass tho

I should've mentioned this in my previous posts, iPhone SE is in my opinion the best phone ever made, exactly what I need and nothing I don't. Huge phones are overrated, anything bigger than the 5's form factor feels like it's distracting more than adding to the usefulness of the phone

Trackpad sucks, dismissed

Do you own one?
I stand to disagree, but regardless I almost never use the trackpad, and if you're willing to shell out another few hundred bucks for a trackpad which isn't even objectively better feel free to waste your money

i agree so much. currently using an iphone 5s 64gb but when the se drops more. i'll pick that up

iMacs are cancer so avoid those.

It's nice in bed or on the sofa.
Top left is last gen, the one below '11, but yeah they all still work, the old Powerbook on the right is now just used a music/mediacentre but it still works perfectly fine, does everything without a hitch.
On purchasing price, 10K over 11 years, all bought new, replaced when I felt like it.

REEEEEEEE

This but fuck Logic, Ableton/PT for life

put one of those bettewn your Buttocks & take a photo of it

looks like shit, especially the fisher-price ass logo

>I like them because I don't have to worry about viruses
People still say this