What is the most historically accurate movie you've ever seen?

What is the most historically accurate movie you've ever seen?

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0sdtkAM-Ud0
youtube.com/watch?v=KifkgrgsOAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Erdogan's favourite film kek

Top drawer comedy.

Previous to which era?

>le great turkish liberators conquer the great and rich constantinople from le ebil byzantines
turkish propaganda at its finest

star wars episode iii is a great documentary about the fall of the ancient Finnish empire

Truly one of the most unbiased and accurate things I've ever witnessed

youtube.com/watch?v=0sdtkAM-Ud0

It's actually a pretty good film. It's more historically accurate than 300 was, and that was even stronger propaganda.

That's because 300 is propaganda based on ancient propaganda. Actually as a matter of fact 300 might even be less biased than Herodotus.

Except that 300 was based on a comic made by a non-Greek. Not to mention that everything in that movie was a story narrated. Just like said, ancient propaganda and ancient Greeks glorifying themselves. That alone makes it more historically accurate than that turkish abortion of a film.

Herodotus says there were le millions of Persians (based completely on contemporary accounts), but otherwise he's as accurate as possible regarding the invasion.

He probably is.

But he makes the same sin as Frank Miller of framing it as an epic battle of west vs. east. With cool civilized Greeks against Persian Asiatic tyrants.

That's factually correct tbqh
Greeks a shit, and Constantinople was improved by the Turks

>Band of ragtag city states standing up to an unstoppable empire invading their homeland

sounds pretty righteous to me desu

>Slaver state queers defending their right to own slaves and do each other up the bum from Persians who were by all non-Greek accounts cool guys.

The war of persian aggression was just greeks standing up for their city state rights

t. Mehmet

up

t. Roach

I honestly don't get the hate for Turks here on Veeky Forums, did too many years of kebab removal memes get to your heads?

>Germany commits genocide
>never happened, Germans are too cool
>Japan commits genocide
>they were honorable samurai n shiet
>Turks commit genocide
>FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT TURKS ONLY TURKS WOULD DO SUCH A THING

Why the double standards, Veeky Forums?

>wake up
>open my eyes
>turn on Pro7
>Turks still exist

jdimsa

>wake up
>take a walk through Berlin
>capital of Germany
>see picrelated

jdimsa

>come home
>turn on TV
>finally some quality german television

youtube.com/watch?v=KifkgrgsOAs

jdimsa

>Turks commit genocide
If the Turks had committed genocide even one tenth the scale of the Germans and Japanese, over such a long time period, there'd be no Greeks or Serbs left to whine about them. If you're talking about Armenians, then I get you.

>/Veeky Forums/ is one person

Prince of Egypt.

It's like watching a WWII movie in an alternate universe where the Nazis won

The ottomans improved the city which became a shithole due to greek incompetence for fucks sake even the early ottoman empire which just got settled could field larger armies than the byzantines.

Not an argument

GEEET REEWKT HAHA

Here on Veeky Forums those are well thought arguments friend.

Herodotus frames various Persians as jerks, but he does the same with various Greeks. The only time the Persians are framed as cartoon-tier villains is in Egypt, and that is because Herodotus is using Egyptian sources there. The Greeks, while strongly rejecting Persian culture, saw them as much more than caricatures, Aeschylus's "The Persians" can tell you that much. Frank Miller's depiction is purely caricature.

>all these butthurt Byzabos in this thread

here's your (you)

Come on, even Turkish apologists must know that the scene in the end where the conquering army, instead of looting and raping, embrace children was too much, right?

I liked the movie even though it was Turkish propaganda, btw.

>Greek kid
>blond
What in the actual fuck. Pic related, head of hypernationalist Golden Dawn.

But we constantly shit on germans for ruining everything. And the germans at least have been super-apologetic about the times they started a-genociding.

>instead of looting and raping

Do you have any actual proofs to back your statement?

This movie was kinda shit, I got no beef with propaganda as long as it's tasteful but this one was not.

t. Turkish

What we need is a movie about Hayreddin Barbarossa.

Every turk that says thats a good film probably hasnt seen a good movie in his life and it is underage kiddo or a 40 year old fatty comar

It was crappy,bad cgi,bad directing,shitty "actors" and settings.Instead of spending millions for crappy productions like this one you could make a quality film with much less

The Emperor will return.

I think actually being part of the demographic the propaganda is aimed at detracts from the ironic appreciation of it seen ITT.

Turk v Greek nationalist shitflinging is the greatest spectator sport ever invented.

You do know that initially it was only Athens they were targeting right? and that they had a legitimate complaint against them that the Athenians refused to compensate for? Athens deserved to have its city burned and Sparta was fucking stupid for helping those cunts.

Because Turkish national pride on the internet is utterly absurd to the point of hilarity, and the only thing that makes it better is by baiting them. Of course you get your idiots who don't get the joke and take it too far like every thing else on this site.

Is that your favorite non degenerate adaptation perfectly adhering to Catholic standard?
For all the flack that the Passion of the Christ gets it's commendable that they bothered to integrate the use of Aramaic for the first time.

>Veeky Forums

you meant to say /pol/ right? holocaust deniers get laughed at here all the time.

memes user

Herodotus says "a few guys told me there were millions, even if that seems unlikely" or something like that.
He isn't even claiming to speak the truth, he is just retelling what other people told him.
His history is a collection of anecdotes he heard from people, and he never tried to pretend its anything else.

>tfw you didn't burn Berlin

Even though I am a Muslim and do believe that Mehmet was a good general(though he was still a warlord and not a religious role model), this movie isn't even close to historical accuracy. It portrays the Byzantines as rich infidels while in reality they were under a dark age and were nothing compared to the Turkish hordes besieging them,plus the victory was not due to the wall being weaker to one side and easy to break by one single cannon fire(actual scene in the film:this woman fires a single cannon and the whole wall blows up and the guards cartoonishly fly around).l the real victory was due to an open undefended door.

Also, the Turks raided Constantinople for three days before the sultan even went into the city

>a rising imperial state can field larger armies than the quintessential falling imperial state

no shit m8

yeah the battles were good but the actor was terrible. caricature depiction of nappy. Désirée (1954) was Hollywood as fuck but Brando really captured his complexity imo.

Because the turks genocided humans

Probably Der Untergang.

It's a pretty good movie, and as far as I know also pretty accurate.

Turks took over Germany

German women sucking turkish cock and wanting to be impregnated by them.

Turkey, you officially won. Germany is yours.

shit opinion senpai

Did I just see Knights templars?

Those Ottomans sure showed the decadent oppressors...

I thought I even saw batman, turned out it was just a very hairy turk

Label them cucks? Where as alot of them stand up against the mudslimes. And you just render the country theirs. I think you're the real cuck here.

300 is never meant to be historical.