surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kcapwjeo9hk
walgreens.com/store/store/category/productlist.jsp?N=360389&Eon=360389&inStore=true&view=allView&
basenotes.net/ID26148100.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Sotd: Dior Sauvage

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>WEARING/USING PERFUME/COLOGNE.

i cant fathom want to dress well and not having a scent to go along with it, why are you here?

WHY WOULD YOU WANT A SCENT ON YOUR BODY THAT DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR OWN BODY ITSELF?

best place to get oud from? only ever smelled oud from Tom Ford's fragrances but i want some legit oud wood.

wonderoud?

Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Oud

I think this scent suits my skin very well, you should try it out.

>works in library
>eccentric

>no musk
>no stereotypical man shit

>likes floral
>likes herbal
>likes citrus

Still not enough info as per , but here's some shit for you to look into.

Some friendly citrus or florals: Bal d'Afrique, Midnight in Paris, Endymion, Terre d'Hermes, and YSL l'Homme.

If you want to lean more eccentric, Timbuktu, Dzongkha, Odeur 53 or 71, Santal 33 (which isn't exactly eccentric, because many people love it, but others smell pickle juice, and what's more eccentric than smelling like pickle juice).

If you want to smell of green things: Ichnusa (grass), Black March (grass in rain), Philosykos (fig leaf), Norne (a fucking evergreen).

If you want to be a cozy library guy who smells of cozy tobacco: Herod, Eau Des Baux, 1899 Hemingway, Tobacco Vanille, Tea for Two, D&G The One.

how does it feel knowing that every person who comes into contact with you wishes you would wear deodorant

There are better scents in existence than human musk, which is not generally considered appealing in modern western society.

I have the perfect fragrance for you, Oudh Infini by Dusita.

>thinking aftershave is better than perfume

perfume shits on aftershave fuck this masculinity bullshit

WHY DO YOU EQUATE LACK OF PERFUME/COLOGNE WITH LACK OF HYGIENE?

I literally don't put anything on my body that alters my natural scent, and women love the way I smell.

i equate your lack of manners and obsession with showing up at the start of every new fragrance thread with being a shut-in glued in front of a screen, which i equate with a lack of hygiene.

lol ok

What's a good fragrance for me? Male. I don't like spending more than $100 on cologne.
My favorite sent us Versace Eros. If I'm dressing preppy I'll wear LaCoste

Just started a job that requires a suit. Don't want something overpowering, but something that will seem pleasant if someone gets close enough. Not as crisp as LaCoste, but not as dark as Versace Eros

For work scent try Versace pour homme, ADG profumo, bleu de chanel

Great, thanks

Rate my small collection

Some gems in there but lots of memes

not shown
Terre de Hermes (which is a great work scent IMO) and Dior Homme Eau

normie/10

chergui is gorgeous. check out more serge lutens frags. personally love fille en aiguilles, la fille de berlin, and fleurs d'oranger as well

Bealls/10

The unpictured Terre d'Hermes is the only thing I'd wear, but if you like what you have then that's all that matters/10.

What's in the jewelry box?

are fragrances on overstock.com legit, or sourced from rando vendors like amazon?

Is it worth getting the parfum version of Hermes or just edt?

some people prefer the edt, others the edp, and others the fraiche flanker. they're all good, just comes down to personal pref.

youtu.be/Kcapwjeo9hk
this should be posted at the top of each thread.

If I were to blindbuy though..

build your own travel set at hermes.com
sell what you don't like
you'll probably like them all though

>Not going naked everywhere, as God made you.

agaraura.com

EdT. It is more dynamic.

PRESENT YEAR DOING THINGS I DONT LIKE

I hate Penhaligon's bottles with the stupid bowtie just about as much as I hate A*men bottles.

wtf is chergui doing there?
not as in, it's bad, but everything else you have is about as mainstream as you can get.

if you like it, you should sample other niche frags at luckyscent, twisted lily, etc.

I don't buy frags with ugly bottles desu

I'm a 20 year old college guy in NYC.

>Current collection.

Valentino Uomo Intense (fav)
CH Men Prive (Date nights)
Acqua Di Gio Profumo (2nd fav)
Lanvin Avant Garde

What fragrance should I get next? What would be a good frag to add for Spring/Summer?

Orient Bambino/10

Awesome watch but get a new strap.

eau sauvage is a quintessential spring/summer

if you want to stay designer, grab nautica voyage.

or see and pick something from the fresh section.

is there anything from MFK, aside from aqua universalis/forte, that you don't have to be wealthy and/or wearing a suit to actually pull off?

heard that nautica voyage got reformulated and performance sucks :/

I'm from the last thread and I said don't buy cdni. But Bieber I retract the statement. When I first sprayed it it smelled so harsh and synthetic and it just smelled weird. Now after a couple of days I can say it smells a lot better and if I was a citrus guy I would probably call it amazing. Looked on the reviews and I see that' I had to give a couple of days to air out and they were right. Still the opening is annoying but it has developed so nicely and I can't wait to see what it'll be like in 2 weeks

it's cheap enough to spray 20 times a day regardless

MY FUKKIN SMAPLES JUST CAME BOYS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

post pics

No camera but
>AdG Profumo
>Terre Parfum
>Millesime Imperial
>Carnal Flower
>Jublilation, Reflection, Memoir Man
>Tuscan Leather

carnal flower and jubilation are the best out of those. millesime is too salty.

Don't listen to this guy, Terre, Tuscan Leather, and Memoir Man are the best out of those. Jubilation impressive but ridiculous unless you're a at an arab wedding,

reflection and terre are my favourites of these. never tried MI though

tuscan leather is way too strong. jubilation is juicy and thick.
terre is frat-tier

I've been using Bulgari Man Extreme for a while, smells good enough, but it's way too floral for my tastes. Need something new. Looking for something that's more woodsy and masculine, if it smells like a breath of fresh air in some woods that'd be great.

It's pretty cold where I live at the moment, but I work in a kitchen so it's gotta survive heat.

You cuckolds and your sellout brand name faggoty fragrances!

**I'm just upset that no one talks about making custom scents.**

Oh yeah I forgot, Gucci Guilty black is what I used for that woodsy masculine kinda vibe, smelling it now it's just too "chemically." Something real smooth and natural.

Oh, look, my formatting doesn't work. That was supposed to be spoilered, but I only come from the land beyond the mountains to this rusted out honkey tonk for a couple of threads on this board.

[spoiler]Using an imageboard you can't even talk about on the fringes of society way more effay.[/spoiler]

Dammit!

... I'll... I'll just go home now...

i'm interested in rolling my own and have thought about attending courses and/or open sessions at the institute for art/olfaction, but it's an expensive hobby and i just can't swing it right now.

thanks

kek spoilers only work on some boards

I just ordered some essential oils off of Amazon and they're expected to arrive before reading week. So yeah I'm going to try making some fragrances.

This review makes me want to blind buy La Nuit de l'Homme.

I cringed.

OK what's a suitable cologne perfume for me? I mostly dress in basic black jeans and tee.

Hit me with something obscure, uber stylish and good smelling and cheap price

Bleu De Chanel or Dior Sauvage desu famalam

stop

If someone's up for giving me a recommendation, I'm looking for my first fragrance

Info as per > Sex: Male
> Price range: As cheap as possible without it being embarrasing, I'm studying and low on money desu.
> Seasons / Weather; Spring and cloudy?
> Occasions: Everyday wear // Whenever I spend time on 'fixing myself' (Doing hair etc.)
> Other Fragrances I like: From the little experience I have, I really like vanilla and fresh scents. The description of "Fresh Aquatic" subcategory seemed very appealing to me.
> Special Conditions: Well, I really like greys and blacks. I know it's meme tier, but dressing in earth tones and unsaturated colors summarizes my style pretty much.

I would appreciate it a ton if someone felt like giving me any reccomendations, seeing as I have no knowledge in this field, and would love some experience!

I think it's supposed to be sarcastic

Thats the cactus one right? Kinda mad i returned it

I stopped reading almost immediately. Painting a picture in a sentence or two to describe a smell can be helpful when done well, but the fragrance review as creative writing workshop is easily the most embarrassing thing about the fragrance community. I mean that and talking about compliments.

Went back and read after reading , and you're right, it's taking the piss. I think...

How good is club de nuit intense man?

Read the thread man

What do you mean after 2 weeks

I am also fairly new. I can't really give you any cheap recommendations but what I found most useful starting out was to order a bunch of small samples. Luckyscent, SurrenderToChance, and the perfumed court will probably have anything you want to try and you can get small spray samples ranging from about 4 to 20 $ depending on what it is. And each will probably last you a while too. Just get a bunch of scents with different themes and figure out what notes you like the most instead of buying one large bottle of something.

I really like tea/rose by cb and wood scents in general. Tried some mancera rose/aoud scents that were ok too.
Another favorite is slumberhouse norne, but I know that won't match well with rose.

I realize this is asking for a lot, but can someone recommend me something that has:

strong brewed black tea (not earl grey but more of yunnan)
rose
wood, like cedar a lot
some amber/incense/smoky

bonus:
black pepper

Thanks a bunch for the advice! I'll definetely check it out and get myself some gateway drugs to fragrances.

Holy shit Tuscan Leather literally smells like an ashtray

Is this a meme? Did I get a bad sample?

all the tom ford private blends are pretty in your face. definitely not safe blind buys... idk what the fuck you were expecting, but even basic research should have prepared you for this

It was a sample m8 not a full bottle

>sample dior homme intense yestarday at 20:00 or so, one spray on my wrist with some going on my steel watch band
>26 hours and 2 showers later still getting whiffs of it
wew, sure is intense

I work at diptyque and le labo just opened a block away. Welcome to fragrance town

Read up on these and see if any sound promising:

Epic Woman, Noorolain Taif, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre, Incense Rose, Portrait of a Lady, La Petite Robe Noire, Bvlgari Black, The Noir 29, Rose 31

If you're just getting into fragrances, don't trust your first reaction until you've smelled a lot of things. Felt the same way when I first put on Tuscan Leather. Immediate "ew this shit aint for me" reaction. A few hours later my nose was glued to the dark raspberry on my arm. Wore it again one night a couple weeks later. And the next night. And the next night. I love it now.

I've sampled 10 diptyque fragrances and none have gotten past "pleasant." It's making me very sad because I love the design of the packaging/bottles.

looking for something that is relatively cheap (thinking $20-50), and can be found at walgreens.
male, whatever the current season in the east US is, generic party, i know next to nothing about fragrances or fashion.

basically anything available here:
walgreens.com/store/store/category/productlist.jsp?N=360389&Eon=360389&inStore=true&view=allView&

is davidoff coolwater okay, or would i smell like a sperg?

Damn dude, I tried Terre d'Hermes and YSL L'Homme yesterday and liked both (or at least the orange vert and some other variation of Hermes and the intense version of YSL). Price is a little high on Hermes but that's to be expected.

I liked Prada's L'Homme too, kind of a fresh out of the shower smell.

>pickle juice
I've used apple cider vinegar on my face so I want to avoid further smelling like salad dressing.

thanks. these do indeed look very promising

coolwater is mostly worn by guys in their 40s who heard it mentioned in a snoop dogg song when they were young and copped. it smells similar to green irish tweed, which is also mostly worn by guys in their 40s+.

you generally won't impress anyone with a fragrance, so pick something you like the smell of and, if going to a generic party, don't overspray.

it's winter now, but the east coast ranges from frigid to florida. if it's cold, something cozy like burberry london, d&g the one, armani code, or polo red. if it's warm, d&g light blue, nautica voyage, or acqua di gio. bleu de chanel or dior sauvage are crowd pleasers, but i'm not sure if they're at walgreens.

if it's your first time wearing a fragrance, your friends are going to make fun of you regardless. again, don't overspray.

davidoff coolwater is absolutely vile

help me guys I'm getting really bored of fragrances, everything is literally just variations on standard oriental and fougere themes barring one-note focus frags (woods, incense, florals). basically everything smells this same to me now.

Glad you found some things you like. The fragrance rabbit hole goes insanely deep once you go beyond the department store.

You sound like someone who hasn't gone far enough into the world of niche. Try:
basenotes.net/ID26148100.html

Or maybe you need this.

thanks for the input. i'm not a complete cologne virgin, but i've only ever worn curve.

i have a really poor sense of smell (i frequently cannot notice scents that others notice/remark about), so how do i avoid over-spraying? it also makes it very difficult to have any sort of meaningful opinion on fragrances, as it'd be like a legally blind person opining on paintings.