/utg/ - urban techwear general

>What is Urban Techwear
We wear clothes to be comfortable, to cover up our shame, and more importantly for our protection. Technical clothing, focuses on incorporating functionality using textiles and construction techniques to protect the user from their environment.

>Guide to Urban Techwear *Under Construction*
New Update! Please help expand this guide by participating:
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Discord
discord.gg/YgYhwhK

>Stone Island SS'017
youtube.com/watch?v=1u6OovE0cY4

>Y-3 SS'017
youtube.com/watch?v=cr08EIfnALE

>0608 now ships worldwide!
Commonly known among us as an affordable brand for a "techninja" aesthetic now ships outside of south Korea.

Mail: [email protected] or message them directly at their Instagram @0608wear

Other urls found in this thread:

page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b235834267
profoundco.com/products/lone-sentry-strap-jacket-in-black?variant=19924836037
item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=529531714600
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Experience with guerrilla Group?

With their collaboration with a patented clothing textiles, it houses a lot of functionality to what feels like lustrous silk. Never heard any complaints of stitching unlike some other companies thanks to their minimalism.

What piece do you expect on buying?

Is 0608 a good entry level brand? The sticky seems to say so. I wanted to wait for their next sale to buy some items. Also, does anyone know what their shipping prices are like

While I think of it, any pictures of how their stuff looks on-body without being stock pictures?

Thank you for reading the sticky. 0608 is the lowest tier in comparison to most brands on this list. Wouldn't recommend building a wardrobe out of this brand, just as you shouldn't build a wardrobe out of H&M. I would only buy their T-shirts, pants, and tights.

Have no idea about their shipping price, before the only people who bought 0608 had human proxies or lived in South Korea

The discord doesn't have a search plugin so it's kinda a dig, but in the WAYWT channel there are fits of people wearing 0608.

Looking and their pants and maybe one of their vest.

Updated the wiki with brand listing links to their brands website and tiers. Any comments and things you'll like to see changed please suggest it or log in and change it yourself.

I have the newest noragi from the latest season. Very good quality and very warm, but expect it to be more form than function.

Same goes with most of their stuff.

Will update the descriptions of the brands later, whoever wrote this did a bad job to the point some brands are entirely inaccurate

I just bought a noragi, what do you typically wear yours with? I've been trying it out with a black crewneck and loose cargos

i've had my eye on this acronym jacket for a while, but i can't justify spending the money.
someone convince to spend £900 on a jacket.

Why should I convince you to buy it?

just don't. there's much better bombers for less. pic related on grailed for example. if i wasnt poor i'd cop in a heartbeat
also this

i'm in the market and i have the money. i thought you guys were more passionate about this stuff.
this is nice but i want something a bit more clean and modern looking. do you have any suggestions?

were fine with spending lots of money on a jacket but if we have to convince you to buy it you will most likely regret it at some point.

i can recomment guerrilla group, doesn't look as boring and you can find them for relatively cheap on grailed sometimee.

that makes sense, i'm not going to rush into any huge purchases for the sake of it. i'll look into guerrilla group again, thanks

You probably shouldn't if you're not willing to drop the money.

Took part of the introduction to techwear off the wiki, will make a separate category for styles in the future

I've been thinking about copping this jacket

Personally don't like, the strap ruin what could've been a great piece.

How exactly does the strap ruin it user?

user is just a normie

What would it be its purpose? To keep the pockets closed? Something that could've been done with a button, zipper, etc, and not a strap that spans the entire piece

Zippers would be the best, have the pocket overlap the zipper for added protection from water, dirt, etc.

wtc???

this is not issey. its final home and they go for $50 on yahoo jp

If you hovered over the file name it says ISSEY x Final Home

>
>If you hovered over the file name it says ISSEY x Final Home
I did and it's not issey whatsoever

Maybe you're just an idiot.

Anyone know about techwear suits?

itt literally r/streetwear

what about tilak guys?
are they shit or good quality
anyone else own something from them
im thinking of odin in green or white

It looks great, although like many outdoor brands like Arc'teryx, North face, and Patagonia for some reason they just love the free advertisement by placing their logos on every piece. And for the reason alone I would never year a brand like this. If you like it, go ahead the green looks great.

This looks great, I would love to find a line technical clothing that looks as rugged as military surplus.

>they go for $50 on yahoo jp
link?

the one on grailed finished at $95, now for sale $600 (he is dreaming)
page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b235834267

they pop up time to time

im okay with branding, its not that much honestly.
more im worried about quality, cuz its not that well known brand.
and yeah, its fucking fire looks wise

There's only so little that can go wrong, with a company that willing to stand behind a product with a four year warranty.

Someone actually bought Dressed-down domain, rip.

always lose it at 2 litres of coffee part

acronym without hood?
nah

You want a hood? On a bomber?

if thats hardshell its fucking abnomination
if its windproof then idk i stay neutral

It's an insulated bomber, probably a soft shell

How do I achieve this look? Want to look comfy

Show this to your barber

I did, but he laughed :

any brands that have subtle utilitarian pieces that can pass as techwear? Can't exactly afford an ACRNM wardrobe at this point

I'm looking for obscure brands mostly.
If you look well enough, you will find that subbrands of Nike, and certain Levis and workwear brands can fit into the techwear aesthetic. Brands like Condor, with the right choices are also good and affordable. Please share your recs

Repeat after me: Nike, Levi's etc can NEVER be techwear. No has ever done a good fit from those brands and they just don't have the quality and performance like brands such as Guerrilla Group, 1kDeath Corp or ACRNM. Just save up and stop trying to do techwear on a Zara budget.

>quality
>1000deaths

funny how you mention quality and ACRNM in the same sentence

rather apply the utilitarian approach to techwear and not just dump money into designer brands

I don't have thousands to get marginally better materials. There are plenty of items that fall into unobnoxious techwear that are also affordable. You can achieve the general look with a small budget and still have the benefit of properly engineered clothing.

Nike can't be techwear? Really? You seem to be completely missing the Nike ACG line that they offer in collaboration with Errolson Hugh, founder of ACRONYM. Even at that, some of their sportswear and other garments fir pretty well into the aesthetic, I find.

This is one of the most incorrect posts I have ever read on this board.

>Errolson Hugh
Educate me. Im familiar with Acronym and all that, but did he do training as a fashion designer? Industrial designer? Cyberterrorist? I cant find info about his background.

>Never have a ACRNM x Nike presto Asian qt to eat pretzels with

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. There isn't really a lot of information out there about him. Kinda lends itself to the intrigue of the brand. All I know is that he was doing freelance design for snowboarding brands and stuff initially. ACRNM was founded in '99, and they worked on their first design for about two years before anything was actually produced.

Maybe check out Outlier and Mission Workshop?

Updated the Wiki with a new section that goes into minor detail on the different styles of techwear to make it easier to understand

Thoughts on Dxpe Chef anyone? I was thinking of picking up a pair of cargo pants from em.

My local pic related is having a storewide sale, any essentials I should pick up? I'm looking to move to Canada's east cost this summer (ie: wet and windy) so I'm mainly looking into outerwear, shoes/boots and a pack

Personally don't like Patagonia outside their pants, not a fan of their shells. Take a look at their base layer though.

can I meme with you?

Anorak fits too boxy, and don't cuff your pants.

I need a sick ass backpack to compliment my fits and I was thinking about a milsurp parachute harness and cutting some of the straps off. Anyone have experience with this? Also recommend backpacks pls

My fake wtaps backpack is nuts. $24 + shipping. Fits heaps of stuff, has adjustable size straps on the bottom, water resistant (proof? used it when I was on holiday in San Fransisco without anything inside getting wet), comfortable to wear. Has a laptop pouch within the main pocket and a smaller pocket. Only thing its lacking is smaller compartments, but you can probably solve that issue with either DIY or use of small pouches/cases.

w2c

oh fuck how do you pronounce wtaps lmao

Double taps

profoundco.com/products/lone-sentry-strap-jacket-in-black?variant=19924836037

>There's even straps on the back
Bwahaha

Where can I find that jacket?

Here's some pictures for you. The straps on the bottom in the bottom left can be used to adjust the size of the main pocket so you can store more stuff in there. It might be a bit minimal for what youre using though.

item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=529531714600

W2c a piece like this but without the straps?

kommandostore, then dye it black

What's wrong with acronym?

Overpriced

Cop or nah?
Guy I know is selling his for 750$ but fuck I have 6 black jackets already.

It's over priced because it's experimental
Nope

>750
>for ugly as shit ACG jacket
With that price you can buy actually functional jacket that beats every techwear brand as far as functionality goes and you will have some money left over.

That's it? That's all you've got? Why are you even here?

OK I'm no fashion expert. Hell my go to colors are black white and grey; but anyone who thinks $4k for a fucking hoodie is insane. Unless that hoodie is gonna suck my dick I'll keep the free black one I got from my parts vendor. Or am I just an ignorant prick whit no taste? Discuss.

Where did you see 4000 dollar hoodie?

DS-HD2 dead center of OPs post. Hell anything in OPs post is well over a grand for any piece.

The OP pic has all the prices listed well into the thousands. It kinda looks like somebody just added a zero to all the prices.

The prices on that pic aren't accurate, no idea why they are marked that high

I know some people here, or at least in the discord live in some great places that they're greatly benefited from wearing technical clothing. What are some great cities to live in to take advantage of Techwear and why is it all Asian cities?

>why is it all Asian cities
You get the most out of technical clothing just by living in a place with 4 seasons

She better have a dick

She does.

Huzzah!

I'll need to see some photographic or video evidence of this

This, pretty much. In the USA speaking from experience Seattle is pretty great for techwear