Good fashion message boards

Other than Veeky Forums what are some good places to get fashion advice and have discussion? I find KTT to be just be a hivemind and r/mfa and r/streetwear are fucking awful

Ill give you a bump OP
Veeky Forums is so toxic
Its just a bunch of insecure twink boys insulting each other instead giving constructive criticism

i use to browse KTT frequently about 3 years ago and desu it's only a slight step up from r/streetwear cause they will flame any trash fit

but like you said they circle jerk i will see boring fits posted there but people will act like it's great cause a certain well liked poster posted it. it's dumb

that's why i came to Veeky Forums. the anonymity (unless you're a tripfag) helps get rid of that

but i've been seeing it happen in our waywt lately with frequent/regular posters, like the chair guy and that other chair guy that takes his pics outside

most of their fits are trash but they get a lot (yous) for being a frequent poster i feel like

i say stay on Veeky Forums and lurk the inspo threads and find what you like and go from there. as far as advice do us a favor and keep it in the fuccboi general or browse the archive before asking something dumb.

this is the best place on the Internet for fashion and that should say something. everywhere else is dead. sz, sufu, sf, ct, 8ch, not sure if 2ch or 2chan had a fashion board but that's pretty much it. this is the best. but Veeky Forums has been a roll lately there's actually some fashion threads and discussion happening here as of late. all we need to do is keep the ball moving.

here's how to fix Veeky Forums
>remove/ban face rate threads
>remove/ban thinspo threads
>remove/ban car threads
>remove/ban political threads
>remove/ban fake items threads
>remove/ban personality threads
>remove/ban qtdntot threads
>remove/ban specific questions threads
>remove/ban tumblr threads
>remove/ban instagram threads
>remove/ban cringe threads
>remove/ban tattoo threads
>remove/ban predict trends threads
>remove crossboarders
>ban crossposters/crosswebsiters

we are in serious need for a mod or jany. since we have almost none, Veeky Forums has to come together as a whole and have to be the change we want to be made. if you see any threads like this right now or in the future, just sage and report them.

/r/streetwear wouldn't be so bad if the mods cracked down on the posts

like 75% of the posts are pickups of meme clothes or flat out shitposts

I just started hiding threads that bother me
board looks great with only 15 decent threads on my catalog =)

mfa is the autistic cousin of /r/malefashion. A lot of the good posters from waywt threads also post there

>based post

also remove any of those mods that let that tranny thread stay on here for like 3 days

All true and good except for possibly qtddtot and prediction threads.
The first helps weed out at least a little bit of the newfag, and the latter helps more inexperienced anons think more analytically about fashion.
The rest is great though.

I see what you mean especially the prediction thread. but the reason I put qtdntot up there is because it's the exact same thing as the Fuccboi General. and we don't need two of those

also, not a big deal but what kinda bothers me is that, no one uses the original "17 Fuccboi" or "00 Fuccboi" jersey picture and original waywt. it's been so long I even forgot. but I digress

>Ban "Is 'X' Veeky Forums" threads

there are none

fashion shouldnt even be discussed online

Why are you here

shitposting

Ah, yeah, you're right

here is how to fix Veeky Forums. remove it from Veeky Forums and put it somewhere else.

bye.

Also
>ban is x effay?
>ban race baiting threads
>updated sticky
>ban threads unrelated to fashion.

Threads regarding dressing better should be removed and thrown into fbg.

Other than that, ban trip fags that aren't that sthlm or something dude and Bateman. Fuck off Arab poster and that igor loser and that eliza slut too.

I also think there should be a better variety of threads. Most threads seem to be similar.

I only wish cop or not was more detailed and constructive. It promotes insecurity and indecisiveness but it can be lessened with less autists mass replying and anons posting their stats so people can critic constructively as well as offer alternatives

=

???

>remove crossboarders
What boards exactly? /soc/? /r9k/? /pol/? Topics of boards can intertwine with each other.

I guess you mean reddit? Stop caring about reddit so much. Stop caring about a stupid conflict that doesn't exist.

You are not going to get a mod or a janny.

let me go into deeper detail

this can go to /soc/
can go to Veeky Forums
>remove/ban car threads
can go to Veeky Forums
can go to /pol/
can go to leddit
can go to /soc/
no need for this one
no need for this one
both can go to /soc/
can got to /b/ or /r9k/
can go to /b/
always goes down in smokes
>remove crossboarders

>What boards exactly? /soc/? /r9k/? /pol/? Topics of boards can intertwine with each other.
yes, but there has yet to be a good thread posted that has included another board. /soc/ threads are just insecure teenager face rates. /r9k/ threads are just incels and autistic children, funny though. /pol/ threads are just thinly veiled or blunt racist threads with people spouting "NIGGERS" "KEKS" "JEWS". /a/ threads turn into everyone spouting "SHIT TASTE" and waifu battles. we had a Veeky Forums thread that was actually somewhat successful. /cgl/ doesn't even post here anymore, it's been years. Veeky Forums threads are always "Veeky Forums is making fun of us again" which people can't seem to acknowledge that it's bait and still post in it. Veeky Forums already has fashion related threads in the last. /g/ threads turn into Mac v. Think pad shitposts. /k/ threads are meh. /lgbt/ threads are just trap shitposting. /mu/ threads turn into graphic tee and hoodie and "SHIT TASTE" shitposting. Veeky Forums threads shouldn't even be on here, they already have fashion related threads. /out/ has been meh. /tv/ goes to baneposting and spiderman "times were different back then" and "what did he mean by this" shitposting. yes they can intertwine but they never work, it always ends with who can shitpost the best.

continued

>I guess you mean reddit? Stop caring about reddit so much. Stop caring about a stupid conflict that doesn't exist.
never said a websites name. but yes it does go for them. KTT (hypebeasts some good posters), HB (good source for news, and archive topics), Vogue Forums (stay at home "fashionista" mom midlife crisis drama), r/streetwear ( white teenage hypebeast), r/mfa (good for beginners at age 23~, bad for everything after that), r/fa (all black avant garde rick/ann/julius/yohji fit #62720472718), r/tfa (r/streetwear v.2), Tumblr (normecore, Mac DeMarco taken to the extremes), Instagram ("fitness models", clueless hypebeasts, soho fashion kids, makeup sluts), Facebook groups (good for b/s/t and information, bad for everything else).

>You are not going to get a mod or a janny.
I wish we did. I wish we did, user.

You wish, so try to come up with more realistic solutions instead of 'ban x'. Support the /diy/ thread and create collage/moodboard to get some creativity going in this place. Share information to tackle the lack of knowledge. Try to get some discussion about fashion shows. The thread about Margiela was bitching about the proportions of a face.
Maybe then, if you have some positive threads, you can start to filter out the bad ones. It seems like a matter of action and reaction. Create a place mods want to moderate.

Some other guy was talking about an updated sticky. I believe there were problems getting editing rights.

Please see:
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11909350#p11909853

---
As for the thread discussion: Veeky Forums is a lost cause.

bump

Possibly. Being attractive is a big factor in being fashionable. As long as there's one thread at a time, I don't see a big issue
Don't you dare, that's how I lost fatty status
>remove/ban car threads
Yep
Please god yes
I don't see any need for this as long as there's one general
Yes
What? Why? If you get rid of those you'll just end up with dozens of shitty threads
Yep, those should go to QTDDTOT
I don't think so, these are a good source of inspo
See above
I don't see an issue as long as there's only one. It kinda comes with the website
What? No, that's absolutely fashion related
Why? Those are fun and allow for the sharing of ideas and info
>remove crossboarders
Good luck but yes
Good luck but yes

Why are we a lost cause?

read my post up here it goes on to further details with the sequential posts.

A vast amount of human capital has gradually wasted away over the years. The board is lacking both width and depth in terms of knowledge, inspiration, discussion, and interest. Unfettered shitposting turned away most of the serious users, and a more cancerous, shallow, and juvenile board culture took hold.

The board wiki itself has been open for editing, and we have had multiple threads about it - but the amount of actual contributions is very low. This is fueled in part by that we now have quite few knowledgeable and serious posters left, but also because most (not all) of them realize that the Veeky Forums users are generally very ungrateful. Veeky Forums is then deemed to be not worth the time it takes to make serious contributions.

Informative posts get drowned out, as the board signal/noise ratio is shit. This could possibly be a self-regulating process though on a smaller scale, as board shitposting speed slows down as fewer people visit.

Moderators have not been open to board improvements or sticky changes in years. Direct requests have been made. There is, for unknown reasons, no way to create lasting board improvements from 'up top' through moderation. The moderation we require to create a healthier board is simply not something we are getting - and it doesn't seem like we're going to get it. The new owner seems mainly interested in capitalizing on the site and selling user information, so... that's that.

Everyone says update the sticky, but no one here is willing to do it. The only changes to the sticky recently is the addition of an actual guide to Techwear a rising community in many people of Veeky Forums

I have 65 threads blocked on Veeky Forums and it looks better all ready

bump

What happened to Bateman? I haven't seen him on for a while

how to fix Veeky Forums:

you can't. because you're elitist trash and your idea of what Veeky Forums should be is limited only to the things you are interested in. if Veeky Forums transformed into the ideal in your head the audience that frequents it would be so small and activity so low that it would suffer a slow death anyway. all of you are such hypocrites. you put individuality on a pedestal and shun anything embraced by the mainstream, labeling things "memes" or labeling people "normies". all the while you're so desperate for validation from these very people, hopelessly trying to get ahead of the curve to impress them down the line, even though you fail to realize that makes you the biggest slave to these very trends

tl;dr you're an oblivious fool.

here is the real answer

False premise

Fa never was a cause, we are and always wil be a clothing related shitposting board