Did Raf Simons rip off fucking german milsurp velcro shoes?

Did Raf Simons rip off fucking german milsurp velcro shoes?

These go for 30 Eur on german ebay. I dunno what to feel, help me please.

On a serious note, how do Raf velcros size? Do they correspond 1:1 to CPs, as in Velcro EU42 = CP EU42?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/baseball_boot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, you are probably thinking of Maison Margiela high top GATs. Raf Velcros were inspired by what kids were wearing way back when. It's more inspired by a baseball boot such as Converese.

For the shoes, I wouldn't recommend them. The profile and shoe itself look very bulbous and I think they wouldn't too look pleasant on feet.

Common Projects use the same sole as Raf Simons. That said, both shoes fit half size too big. So if you are a 10us you get a 9.5us. Or if you are a 43eu then I would recommend a 42eu.

Feel free to ask more questions, friend.

>baseball boot such as converse

Margiela Velcro Hight Top GATs and Velcro GATS for comparison. Pretty easy to notice the similarities.

that's what they are called, friend.
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/baseball_boot

thanks for the sizing info. So if I fit into EU42 CP I'll fit into 42 velcros. Neat thing!

Yes. And make sure if you are going to buy Velcros to let the seller tell you where the shoes were made. If the seller specifies Portugal, be weary of some quality issues and lesser quality materials used. If he says Italy, then you are in for a long lasting shoe depending on how you care for them. If you do happen to have a pair of Italy make sure to bend the loop holes of the eyelets (see pic) farther back because they can scratch and rip the top layer of leather on the tongue. I think newer Portugals don't have that piece of white colored eyelets. Hope that helps!

sure does, thanks! Now that I see your pic, is there any mechanism that holds the tongue in place? No lacing means no tongue loop, but Margiela GATs do have a hidden strap under the tongue that hold it in place

No there is not. The only reason it does that is because there isn't a foot inside the shoe. The tongue is in no way flimsy and would not move or sag when worn. It's fairly thick and built really well. If you don't like it like that when stored you can always buy a shoe tree and it should stay up.

alright nice. I just had the shoe tongue of CP BBall high tops and CP lows slip to one side due to my high instep and the lack of a loop on the tongue, but I'll probably be fine on that one. Also +1 on shoe trees, mostly to minimize toebox creasing.

Converses are basketball shoes.

see

Are you fucking serious? Did you quote Yahoo answers in your thesis?
Chuck. Tailor.

You realize Chuck Taylor*/Converese weren't the first to make canvas and rubber shoes for sports, right? I wasn't using yahoo either. Look at the magazine scan it's written right there in the first sentence, friend.

>For the shoes, I wouldn't recommend them. The profile and shoe itself look very bulbous and I think they wouldn't too look pleasant on feet.
are you taking about rafs or mmms?

No I meant saying the GATs. not the Margielas. The actual German ones.

Not the guy you are responding to but I don't know why you keep arguing about this. Chucks were literally made for basketball.
It's like saying Jordans aren't basketball shoes.

because that's what it says on the scan, friend.

Jordan's were specifically for basketball since it is a part of Nike since the day they came out. Converse didn't make basket ball shoes until a decade after their founding. And it took 5 years after that to make Chuck Taylor a salesman. And took another decade to add the official Chuck Taylor signature and name.

Compare pic related and Rafs. You'll see the similarities.

They started with basketball shoes though
And Chucks are literally basketball shoes, you literally said, and this is a quote from you:
>baseball boot such as Converese
Even Spalding started out by making shoes for basketball. And it's just silly as fuck to think Raf took inspiration to velcros from shoes made in the beginning of the century, what the hell are you even talking about here?
And if you want to go by some sort of history route and what's the most original, it was US Rubber Company (aka Keds) that made the original 'sneaker' with rubber sole, but none of this is relevant at all to what we are discussing aside from the history of a sneaker itself.

>shoe has velcro
>other shoe has velcro
OMG RIP OFF, STEAL MUCH, SO UNORIGINAL

90% of todays sneakers are military rip offs.

W2c Spalding oxford shoe for $2?

that's inflation. that's probably a mall-tier price