Watching Mr. Robot recently and starting to get into Veeky Forums...

Watching Mr. Robot recently and starting to get into Veeky Forums. What are some opinions on black jeans/all black outfits in general. My wardrobe contains a lot of black already but black jeans always seemed too goth for me. I'm quite new to actually caring how I dress so some consensus or opinions regarding black clothes would be great.

ITT: Are black clothes effay?

Other urls found in this thread:

merrell.com/US/en/moab-gore-tex/16230M.html?dwvar_16230M_color=J87577#cgid=men-footwear-hiking&prefn1=refinementColor&prefv1=Black&start=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

allblack fits can be very boring if there isn't a lot of variation in tone/texture, but personally the majority of my clothes are black

color tends to make for more interesting outfits but you can't go wrong with black

I wear all black, but I stopped bothering with jeans because I hate the way black jeans look when they fade and get washed.

I didn't even think of that, what do you wear instead of black jeans?

Slim fit Dickies and chinos.

black clothes look best when they're a bit faded and worn, you're just wearing shit quality clothes

>black jeans always seemed to goth for me
What the fuck? Black jeans are probably the least goth black article of clothing. They're a staple and go with nearly any outfit

Everyone I know either wears blue or dark blue, maybe its just the people I surround myself with irl, like I said I only just started getting into clothing so I'm not really exposed to online opinion. But like I said they used to seem and now I'm looking to start wearing them.

Grey is good if you want to stick to a monochrome palette but you feel black is too dark for whatever reason

All black DESIGNER fits are p lit

goddamn too much dickies meme

Oh how far we've come. People don't even care about monochrome outfits/pallet anymore.

Yes they can. Just make sure you have a solid rotation with different textures, fabrics, and cuts. There are many forms of monochrome outfits that would suit many.

The "Modern Fashion Designer/Architect/Interior Designer /Industrial Designer/Arts Student"

A bit less casual. But its purpose is for looking the part while also maintaining comfort.

A bit more* casual.

The "Modern Fashion Designer/Architect/Interior Designer /Industrial Designer/Arts Student v.2"

Also casual but more in a sense of "higher maintenance". This look also strives for maintaining comfort while on the clock.

The "Tech-Ninja/Techwear Enthusiast"

Pretty self explanatory. The look is for those who want to wear and use technical fabrics (hence the name). I say use because the items are also functional. The look also radiants a "futuristic" feel.

The "Health Goth/Sports Goth"

This look is similar to the Tech-Ninja/Techwear, but is much more casual. Usually is worn with cheaper technical fabrics such us Nike, Puma, Adidas, New Balance, etc. Because of the use of sporting companies and use of logos it is easy why the name follows.

The "Avant Garde"

This look is usually characterized by its use of fabrics and the rhythm it gives off. Usually this look has a "drapey" look and flows very much. This look is mostly mentioned as Full Rick, Full Yohji, Full Ann or any of combinations of any avant garde designer.

it's over dude

should have hopped on the bandwagon in 2010, when this was still cool

or not because it really never was

i was over it in 2008

Eh yea, pretty much. But if OP does want to like his image I would recommend the Alexander Wang(1st picture) look to him. Or the Raf Simons (this one) "minimal" look since it's easier to pull off.

>tfw you wear mostly avant garde and artisanal labels but don't really like black clothing

I know most of those designers have other colors as well but there's so much stuff that only comes in black

Far out thanks dude, its cool to see the different styles but Ill probably stick to the simplest style. I'm not really in it to stand out, I'm more just looking to find something that suits me and I can wear most of the time. Thanks for the info though

>Buying artisanal
>Not making custom orders of colors you like

hmm that's a good point
I might start doing that

mc ride is effay

Anytime, friend.

looks like he's some bughouse clown

what does that even mean

Stop trying to make our all black style trendy faggots.. fuck off and wear colors

bughouse clown when

Who makes the best quality black chinos? Serious question. I'd love to find the best of the best.

To be honest I don't give a flying fuck if it's trendy or not, I just wear mostly black cause I like it.

Hey, stop posting actually helpful things!

If you want to find the best, they're probably not produced anymore. Go thrift and you might find them.

I like black clothes, go for it you can't go wrong with black.

I bought a pair of black pants and i dunno when to wear them... They look stupid to me when worn with any top that ISNT black, and dressing in all black makes me look like a fucking edgelord(pale white skin, blond hair)

pants are pic related.

Wow, 3 years late bro
Colors are in again :(

Somewhat related, anyone able to recommend a decent pair of all casual black shoes/sneakers?

I wear these hiking shoes for day-to-day stuff. Woulda preferred pure black... As far as material go, they're great. Vibram soles, waterproof material(not goretex, which you wouldnt want on a mesh shoe)

It was between these ones and the goretex hiking boots,
merrell.com/US/en/moab-gore-tex/16230M.html?dwvar_16230M_color=J87577#cgid=men-footwear-hiking&prefn1=refinementColor&prefv1=Black&start=1
which are better materials but not as stylish looking...

w2c?

who's the semen demon?

wear a white shirt

why wouldnt you want gore-tex + mesh, thats pretty much what all technical shoes are made of...?

that's a man

By best I just meant longest wearing, toughest and with "best" profile/silhouette/cut.

Can anyone recommend any specific brands?

I'm gonna just try Carhartt Work In Progress, and see if their quality matches the American stuff.

But any info would be appreciated.

source?

are those converse all stars?

That's Alexander Wang. And he's a man, a beautiful man.

you dont need to share every clueless opinion that appears in your head

I know a guy who met him in Paris and absolutely destroyed him. Like, they had to go to the ER with a full rectal blow out. Said he was a cool guy

>a man

These are pretty ugly.. but my day-to-day shoes are CCP tornado boots so don't ask me.

Jesus Christ I'm glad don't enjoy receiving anal sex

how can a man be so pretty brehs

Is that make up or did he actually get punched in the face?

It's make up. All the models and even Yohji had things done like that. Black eyes, scars, bruises, cuts, etc. It's from ss2013. Good show. You should check it out, I liked it.

wang pls stop enforcing negative gay stereotypes

genuine lol

got em, savage, etc