Is there any way I can get this camo design on a regular jacket without having to purchace a field shirt or replica...

Is there any way I can get this camo design on a regular jacket without having to purchace a field shirt or replica from WW2?

Other urls found in this thread:

1944militaria.com/Waffen_SS_Type_II_M42_Plane_Tree_Number_1_2_Smock_p/sst2pt12.htm
ebay.ie/itm/WWII-German-Field-Made-Plane-Tree-1-2-Camo-Field-Tunic-M-/152115359376?hash=item236ac82e90:g:BNMAAOSwbYZXUrC2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Is that pea dot 44? Wearing those pants rn.

bump

Yeah, I was wondering if i could get it on a regular jacket anywhere

You might have to ask /k/

thanks man

>regular jacket
What exactly do you mean by this? Generally the fabric was only used in tunics or parkas. Occasionally you'll find reproductions of them in modern BDU cuts as well, but for anything else you'd probably have to buy a sheet of the fabric and get a tailor to sew it if you're not handy with thread and needle.

I think he means a field shirt instead of a smock.

I'd like some plane tree shirts too.

Dot 44 was never issued on smocks, only clothing. And plane tree was the opposite, never issued on clothing. you cant still find some custom-made, as officers had a habit of "appropriating" zelts and tailoring them into clothes. Also, please elaborate on which plane tree pattern you prefer, the early (top left) or the late (bottom right) and spring and or autumn sides?

Oh, you're right. I meant most NS-Era German patterns in general.

1944militaria.com/Waffen_SS_Type_II_M42_Plane_Tree_Number_1_2_Smock_p/sst2pt12.htm

This style in particular, particularly the autumn side.

That's the later pattern plane tree, which is essentially an Oak leaf base with the plane tree black blocks screened on top. I doubt you're doing this for reenacting, so you could honestly just buy whatever tunic you find since color and stitch nazis wont be accosting you. Ebay occasionally has some like,
ebay.ie/itm/WWII-German-Field-Made-Plane-Tree-1-2-Camo-Field-Tunic-M-/152115359376?hash=item236ac82e90:g:BNMAAOSwbYZXUrC2
which is only in spring though. Unfortunately that pattern wasn't officially issued as tunics unlike blurred edge and oak, so the reproductions tend to be rare. I think at the front is doing a run of that pattern later for smock and zelts, so you could always buy a few yards of fabric and have something tailored.

I think I've talked to you on /k/ before.

Yeah, not for reenacting, just for shooting and possibly wearing around town (i'm not sure if that would work as well as I think it might). I've thought about buying a smock but a field shirt/tunic would be much more convenient. Really mostly only interested in the autumn camo though, since it's so unique.

>I think I've talked to you on /k/ before.
Yeah ive been getting deja vu from this conversation. The two problems are that the pattern you chose is going to be rare for tunics since it would have been a custom tailored job in real life. And second, most reproductions that you might find will follow the issued camo tunic pattern of not being reversible, if that weren't the case, you could just bust the seems of the shirt, turn it inside out, and sew it back together. I have to say though, smocks arent too bad, the early ones can be rolled up under the belt and the later ones have tighter waistbands (so you don't like you're wearing a dress) and pockets. But if you wanna be really wild, you could always go hunting in a zelt buttoned up as a poncho.

Smocks are fine for /out/ or /k/ shit but I wouldn't ever wear one around town lol. I think washed out/desaturated re-imaginings of these old patterns have Veeky Forums potential is all.

I'm certainly tempted to try hunting in some of them, Brent0331 put out a Waffen-SS video recently and they really quite effective for the region.

>I'm certainly tempted to try hunting in some of them, Brent0331 put out a Waffen-SS
I saw his Dot 44 one a while back, good to see him doing some for the others.

> I think washed out/desaturated re-imaginings of these old patterns have Veeky Forums potential is all.
Even the camo fabric printings came in many different shades throughout the war as the colors were constantly being tweaked and tested. Its common to even see a lighter and a darker run used in the same object, which kinda sucks because it triggers my autism. It would be interesting to see what would come out of running one of the patterns through a black dye cycle like those flecktarn parkas that were popular for a while, but im not too thrilled about the idea of blowing 100 dollars on an experiment. As for fading though, if you want that just lay them in the sun for a while, the things fade like crazy.

And smocks aren't too bad out and about, kinda look like colorful puffy sailor shirts.

This is all I can see in my mind when I imagine wearing an SS smock in public.

There you go, just say your a big Death in June fan

I don't think I'll ever be quite on the same Veeky Forums level as this man.

Just embrace Strasserism and rest will come naturally

We'll just say I like Fanisk more than DiJ.

But yeah, I don't necessarily want any period garment pattern so much as a more modern, inspired shirt with the patterns. Certainly not with the Iron Cross ribbon like those others.

I feel like there's money to be made there but given how much of a shitshow the rhodie patterns ended up being on /k/ maybe not so much.

There's already a bajillion quasi-historical caps in all sorts of patterns made in china on ebay for this sort of thing which helps.

>shitshow the rhodie patterns ended up being on /k/
Oh god, I remember signing up for the mailing list back in 2013. What ended up coming of it?

Glad no one's said the official /k/ store. Ya'll missing out. :^)

I think /k/ommando store ended up selling some shit.

I don't really care for those patterns anyways. I think there's a lot more interesting stuff that could have used the attention.

we already know about nugget enterprises Ivan

fUCK!!!!

Do you know any shops besides Hiki that sell palm tree camo pants? Preferably autumn because everyone seems to fail at making spring look decent.

Unfortunately that's a pretty rare pattern on an even rarer uniform. The only way you'll be able to get that is to ask one of the Hong Kong Aryans to make you one bespoke, but Gavin and the others don't have any fabric of that pattern. If you don't like hiki's trousers, your best bet is to hit up ATF when they their fabric in later this year or SM, purchasing a few yards and buttons, and having one made by a tailor. Generally I don't care for hiki's products, but his trousers are the best articles he makes.