Be me

>be me
>be 22
>never given a shit about how I dress or appear
>all my life ive worn band t-shirts, graphic tees, hoodies
>get a prebby decent office job
>hang out in more mature circles due to work friends
>I look like the only kiddy there due to my band tshirts etc etc

Veeky Forums I know most of you guys do streetwear, but how do I dress mature so I stop looking like a fucking kiddo around my adult workmates?

I just want to dress mature like a functioning but stylish adult. Im 22 it's about time i start caring about these things and let go of the graphic t's and band tshirts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYd28ibVhXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

go to uniqlo and buy a bunch of shirts and pants and shit

congratulations you are now fashionable

i-it cant be that simple senpai

with out sounding autistic, i need to understand the philosophy behind it; what goes with what, what should every adult have in their closet, fundamentals, the fits. Im sure if you gave me a bunch of cash and told me to buy a whole bunch of clothes from uniqlo I would buy a whole bunch of retarted shit and walk out looking like an idiot because i simply dont understand any of it as if only started caring about my appearance recently

>Veeky Forums I know most of you guys do streetwear

Lol not at all. Most of Veeky Forums is college and even high school kids who dress try-hard all black and worship Rick and shit on streetwear. Veeky Forums despises most big streetwear brands like Bape and Supreme mostly because they're income-lets who are jelly and also because they're just fivemind art student autists who fell for the Rick meme.

>but how do I dress mature so I stop looking like a fucking kiddo around my adult workmates?

Seconding this. Just get some emergency basics at Uniqlo. There's also H&M which is definitely less completely basic-ass like Uniqlo, but I don't recommend H&M really because with a few exceptions the quality is piss poor. Uniqlo's quality is pretty decent.

chinos & button downs in muted colors, maybe some polos and shit, jeans that don't fit like garbage (assuming that yours fit like garbage)

maybe a denim jacket or a bomber

also don't ever waste your money on h&m because like said it's garbage, everything i bought fell apart or is otherwise unwearable

>Im sure if you gave me a bunch of cash and told me to buy a whole bunch of clothes from uniqlo I would buy a whole bunch of retarted shit and walk out looking like an idiot

You won't. It's pretty much impossible to fuck up Uniqlo m8. Uniqlo is incredibly safe, incredibly basic, presentable looking clothes that are well above mall tier unfashionable shit.

>i need to understand the philosophy behind it; what goes with what, what should every adult have in their closet, fundamentals, the fits.

This takes time and is a process man. You need time and experience looking, making observations, learning from your mistakes etc. The most important thing is to develop your own style over time.

What works for one won't for another man. It depends on your looks, body type, height, and as far as your interests and personality.

Most important thing is to start wearing simple clothes that fit well.

Get rid of all your graphic tees and any hoodies that aren't plain colors or subtle patterns.
Obviously you can keep a few with sentimental value to wear at shows or around the house.

First thing is to get your measurements taken and figure out what size stuff you should be wearing because I'm gonna guess everything you own now is at least one size too big for you. Clothes should be fitted and trim but not skin tight.

Next figure out what colors work with your skin tone. Google can help you with that. When in doubt, start with a palette of earth tones like olive, browns, burgundy, navy, etc.

Go to a basic store like uniqlo or even H&M or Zara. People are gonna rip on you for supporting these big fast fashion companies but if you're restarting your wardrobe from scratch that's a good place to start.

Get like six plain crewneck shirts in a few different colors. Maybe get a few white v-necks if you like wearing undershirts under collared shirts.

Pick a few plain or subtly patterned collared shirts for work. I'm not sure what sort of office you work at but it sounds like if you can get away with your current wardrobe the dress code isn't strict so you don't need many formal shirts.

Buy a couple pairs of darker blue jeans without a weird wash and maybe a pair of black jeans. Jeans should be regular or slim fit and should end at the tops of your shoe laces.

Get some chinos in khaki or grey or olive for more dressy casual situations.

Get a plain sweater that feels nice or has an interesting texture.

This is just basic advice to start. As you start caring more you can start learning more.

From what you've said it sounds like you'd get good advice from the folks over at the /r/malefashionadvice on reddit

People here hate on Reddit so much but there's really no better place to learn to dress well by most peoples' standards. This board is mostly young '90's fetishists at this point.

Thanks guys, Ill head down to Uniqlo tomorrow and pick up some chino's, button ups and maybe a polo or two, just to get started. I may need to just throwaway/giveaway most of my current clothes.

Yeah, it does seem pretty intimidating and complicated when you're just starting out in trying to dress better. Do you recommend any god tier blogs for male fashion?

>Cooking breakfest
>When you are already dressed up for the day

??? You would be wearing your pajamas into the kitchen
who the fuck prepares food after putting on their clothes they are wearing for the day

Hey mate!
Thanks so much for the advice! Will be making a checklist of the clothes you recommended. And yeah ill definitely have to throw my old stuff out. It's time to grow, evolve and let go. Also will check out the subreddit.

Who doesn't?
>roll out of bed
>hop in the shower
>put pajamas back on????
>cook breakfast

unless I'm having a real lazy day I always dress and then cook

maybe I'm just weird though?
I have been known to cook in full Rick

>Cooking breakfest after showering

You want to smell like all the food you are cooking all day? Also, you are gonna shower.. then eat.. then brush your teeth? Why the fuck do you care what your breath smells like if you are gonna smell like oil and whatever veggies you making?

Its fine if its like a bowl of oats and some milk or coffee, but if you're gonna stand over the stove to make an omelet, do that first then shower then brush your teeth.

do you take off your clothes before you cook dinner or something?

and yeah, of course
shower, then make a cup of coffee and eat breakfast, then brush your teeth and leave for work

Yes, well house clothes.

there's nothing wrong with graphic tees

What kind of climate do you live?
Some basic color combos are
>Navy+brown

Cant ever go wrong with some navy coloured chinos, brown boots, and a white shirt that fit.

You'll be fashionable, but not Veeky Forums

don't base your style on the subreddit like a lot of people do because there's a lot of shit advice there
avoid lumbersexual, retro, and gay shit like the tie in this. create your image around not standing out but still looking acceptable

I live in a hot, arid environment where summer time temperatures reach 80.6F-100.4F

and where winters reach 35.6F-60.8F

This unfortunately will constrain my options

yeah, theres always that risk of getting bad advice. I guess it will be a bit of trial and error and I agree that the crevat was really pushing it in that pic but i was more so looking at the colour combo

Could be worse, I live in a damp wet enviroment, where temperatures are 90-100 through summer, and 20-60 in winter. Anyways, dont dress for some place you dont live. So dont wear any flannel if its hot and arid.

While you are at uniqlo though, you should pick up an airism t-shirt. They are godlike undershirts for your collared shirts.

will add that to my uniqlo shopping list, the heat here in the peak of summer is killer.

Looks fine to me, the draw shorts might be a little weird but colour combo is fine.
You can also pick up some okay-quality stuff from Levi as well. For example I picked up raws from them for 20$ and selvedge for 40$ and they have a really easy to understand fitting standard.

awesome, will check them out!

stop talking out of your ass streetwear is much moire than bape and supreme, this board loves brands such as cav empt

Watch this channel it might help you, it helped me

youtube.com/watch?v=sYd28ibVhXs

the sticky is trash

true, but there's nothing in this thread you won't find on an infographic on ys

so while the sticky may be bad, this thread is even worse

If you're - 25, you look stupid with a suit, always.
My only advise is to dress your age.

>hi, Veeky Forums, I can't be assed to read the sticky. Please tell me everything in the sticky.

Read the fucking sticky.

don't listen to this fag who probably owns a single acne sweater and thinks he's a fashion guru

Shirts:
5x oxford cloth button down—white, blue, pink, red university stripe, blue university stripe
1x dress shirt—white

Trousers:
3x chinos—khaki, olive, stone
1x flannel wool slacks—medium grey
can add more chinos to taste

Suits:
1x two piece—charcoal

Outerwear:
1x blazer—navy
1x barbour coat—olive

Ties:
2x repp—burgandy, navy
1x grenadine—navy
1x knit—black

Shoes:
1x penny loafers—brown
1x boat shoes
1x oxfords—black
1x desert boots if you want

Belts:
match with shoes, add some surcingle if you feel like it

congratulations you have all the basic elements of the standard ivy/trad wardrobe

>having your morning cigarette before breakfast
good way to kill your appetite
that's not even nonstick cookware he's frying those eggs on, have fun scraping that off fucko

longer shorts unless you are a fruitcake

more like it depends on the graphics