He fell for the AmEx meme

>he fell for the AmEx meme

Do you really think other people think you're sophisticated because you spent more money to spend money?

My Amex card has zero annual fees.

>Blue Cash Everyday

That's their card for plebs. Literally, since their credit cards don't have the Centurion dude on them. Only the charge cards are perceived as "status symbols"

I'm not so insecure about myself that I waste money to flaunt my wealth.

Then you didn't fall for the AmEx meme, idiot. Why are you so butthurt about this thread?

>i wasn't approved for an american express gold/platinum card
>i'll make a sour grapes thread on Veeky Forums about it

Stay poor, OP.

Their green card was the first cc ever approved to me. Since my credit rating grew, I'm about to close it because the annual fee is bullshit imo. Platium and gold are a huge ripoff it seems. Can anyone explain the benefit of having these cards?

If you travel a literal fuckton and spend like $30k per year on the card, they have decent travel rewards. In reality most people get them are middle class who want to look rich when they pay for dinner at Outback Steakhouse.

That's what it seems like. Sure they have decent deals you can add to the card, but overall it's not worth $95 a year. I wonder what hit on !y cc rating it would have to close it.

>Blue Cash Everyday isn't Amex

>He actually feels like he's filling the gas tank on his yacht with a Black Card when he buys video games with his Blue Cash

>sour grapes

wait so i do get a cc?

>he derives status from the way he gets cucked by credit card companies

If you ever plan on taking a loan, yeah.

What's the best card guise? Discover IT?

That's your first card ever? Did you open a few other cards at that time too? If you didn't, I wouldn't close it. That's your oldest card and it does wonders for your average age of accounts. 95 bucks a year to keep your account old is not a bad deal. Don't be stupid. Your credit will take a nice hit if you close that account. AMEX also back tracks your new credit cards to make it look like you opened them the day you opened your first one (at least they used to). If this is the case, open another for no annual fee and then close the green if you really feel you have to.

No. Get anything. Discover It is good if you need a zero Apr balance transfer card. I would get the Chase Sapphire. It's the best all around card out there. Chase is great too. They ask for ALL income available to you and not just personal, they don't check it, they don't do financial reviews like the Nazi AMEX people, Chase points are easily the best and now with Marriott buying Starwood, Chase points are primed to become even better. Go with Chase Sapphire or their Business card.

Gotcha, I just like how Discover shows a FICA every statement.

I don't really do balance transfers, I just want a card with good cash back with a high limit. I've had the Amazon rewards from chase for a little over two years, got my limit up to 3600 and got my credit score to 770.

In that case the Freedom is good. I'd get Freedom and Sapphire that way the cash back you get with the freedom becomes actual points because you have the Sapphire too. Then you can get the 5x revolving rewards with the Freedom and pool all your points with Chase. I don't believe in diversifying credit card points because it's retarded especially when you know that Marriott is buying Starwood. I'd get all the Chase points I can right now.

Why would you ever use anything besides a 2% cash back card ?

The fact that you didn't realize Amex offers competitive cards with no annual fee, and dismiss the entire company as a meme, means you are too immature for a credit card.

Go back to >>r9k

Uhh because certain cards offer 5x cash back that can be converted to actual points and redeemed for hotels and travel as well as cash back? Why wouldn't you get a card that gives you actual points instead of cash back? Cash back cards are for soccer moms. Get a card that gives you points that can also be used as a statement credit.

5x cash back cards usually have a limit based on quarters or months.

Can anyone aware me on the different credit cards?

All I know is my parents always had VISA so I've always had VISA

>they don't check it, they don't do financial reviews

Wile Amex does have a penchant for doing FR's, any creditor can do one so dont put something down like 400K unless you can prove it.

Ive never been FR'd for putting 100K down and ive got 4 amex cards.

Visa and mastercard are the ford and chevy
Amex is a caddilac or lexus. It does the same thing just has more name to it.
Discover is retarded. and preload and reload cards are for illegal activities and people who are so bad with money they cant be given access to anything that could possibly overdraw.

I got an AmEx card in the mail with a 50,000 bonus point offer upon spending 2000 in the first 3 months and first year no annual fee. I'm paying out of pocket for my last semester of school so I'll used the card to pay for that, pay off the card at the end of the month so no interest. 50,000 points = $500. I'll downgrade the card before the next year rolls around so no annual fee.

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

your entire thread is embarrassing

>Do you really think other people think you're sophisticated because you spent more money to spend money?
Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

I just got my investment back from a bank card.

Should I keep using the card (and its paltry limit) or is it worthwhile to look into other cards with cash back rewards?

I dont travel, just buy a lot of gas and online purchases with the card if I dont use paypal. That being said, are the amazon and paypal cards worthwhile?

Because Amex is 3% on groceries.

What's wrong with Discover?

>all these amex shills
Veeky Forums is not a good place to sell your brand faggots half the posters use debit

BCE is AmEx the same way 1 Series is BMW.

I mean the Amex Platinum is overrated as fuck, but I just got one today so I can get the 75K MR points and use the $200 airline credit twice before I cancel the card next year when the annual fee comes up again

But while the charge cards aren't worth it unless you travel frequently, some Amex credit cards like the Blue Cash Preferred are pretty nice with 6% cash back on groceries and 3% cash back on gas

I was considering getting one, but I'd have to spend $1250/ yr on groceries to make the $75 back. I live by myself and my mother taught me how to shop, so I don't spend anywhere near that.

>points

fucking lmao

cash back or bust

Then the the Blue Cash Everyday is probably better for you

It may be considered an "inferior" card in terms in prestige, but fuck that, use whatever credit card gets you the most money and benefits

Some people actually get a lot of use out of the Amex Platinum because they travel a lot, some people just have the card because it's considered prestigious and don't mind spending the money

Others just use normal non-travel credit cards like the Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Cash Preferred to get some cash back when they shop

>he has a credit card

if I raised my credit limit, would you die?

>What's the best card guise?
If you're getting one card, Capital One Quicksilver. No annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, no limit 1.5% cashback on anything all the time, no caveats. The only card with a better across-the-board rewards rate is the Citi Double Cash, but their rewards programs involves a little more hoop jumping and they have a foreign transaction fee.

If you're going to have multiple cards, the Citi Double Cash is the best base card if one of your others can be your international card (0% fee). Combo it with cards that have higher more specialized rewards, like the AmEx Blue Preferred (6% cashback on grocery, 3% back on fuel & dept stores, plus grocery stores sell gift cards to everywhere so you essentially get 6% cashback in soooo many places). Only drawback is grocery rewards cap at $6k spend/year, which can be hit if you're maximizing the gift-card exploit. The $75 annual fee is covered very quickly, the effective rewards rate if you max is still over 5%, which no one else even comes close to.

If you dine out a lot, the AARP card (anyone can get it, don't need to be old) gives 3% back on restaurants.

My current combo is CapOne Quicksilver + AmEx Blue Preferred. Been eyeballing the Citi Double cash, but I think I'll hold out until the next company breaks into the 2% game.

If your credit score is 770 you should be getting a higher limit. I keep a note on my calendar reminding me to request every 6 months.

>points
If I wanted tokens I'd go to an arcade. The adult world operates in dollars, monopoly money only serves to obfuscate the real-world value of your currency.

Why do you have 4 AmEx cards?

kek, this actually sounds credible.

You spend less than $100/month on groceries? Jesus what are you eating, rice & beans every night? Or do you just bring home Buffalo Wild Wings instead.

Why would you pay a fee on a credit card. You are making them money everytime you use it.
I get 1% cash back on my cc with no fee.
I use it for everything I possibly can use it for

>Citi Double Cash
>Amex Blue Cash Preferred
>Chase AARP

These are the 3 cards I recommend to normal people who don't travel all, and who want to maximize cash back on normal everyday spending

Unless you like fucking around with smaller card issuers or jumping through more hoops, you can't go wrong with 6% on groceries, 3% on gas, 3% on dining, 3% on select department stores, and 2% on all other spending

It's a shame the Sallie Mae is dead, that card was the best, even with the caps

>he doesn't understand the time value of money

You would pay a fee if it's offset by the rewards rate, do you even into basic mathematics? A decent rewards rate pays off the fee and gets you into an effective rate higher than 1%, 2% etc with pretty low spend.

Why are you talking about a 1% card like it's good when there's a 2% card with no fee?

Didn't the Sallie Mae cap rewards at only a couple hundred bucks spend?

I cook most everything from scratch and shop sales. I spend $60-70/ month.

By most everything do you mean rice & beans? Because if you're surviving on $60-70/month in groceries, that's all you're eating.

5% for up to $250 for groceries, 5% for up to $250 for gas, and 5% for up to $750 for bookstores (aka Amazon)

I don't care though, I use my Sallie Mae all the time because I live alone and shop only for myself, so the caps don't affect me. Even if you were married and had a family, you and your spouse could have each gotten Sallie Mae's, and you'd probably still make more money with them than the BCP

>5% for up to $250 for groceries, 5% for up to $250 for gas, and 5% for up to $750 for bookstores

>You'd make more back with Sallie Mae than BCP
If you're an Amazonaholic maybe. Outside of restricting yourself to Amazon, no.

You literally just go to the grocery store and throw shit in your cart without comparing prices, don't you?

How much do you spend on groceries per month? And do you only buy groceries for yourself? Or for other people too?

Back when I went to school, we had a class called Home Economics. Wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't been offered for 20 years, so I understand if you've never heard of teaching children actual life skills in school.
But it sure is adorable how proud you are that your mother once showed you shelf labels show per-unit cost.

>making fun of someone for saving money

Never change, Veeky Forums.

Sidenote here, how do I go about getting my rent on my credit card? Want to get those sweet sweet 15,000 points a year

Sorry your mom was too busy getting stuffed with BBC to teach you basic life skills.

Let's assume the max for the Sallie May.
250 grocery, plus wanna say a person fills up twice a month for 30 bucks and call it 60 bucks a month on gas?
310 x .05 x 12 = 186

The cap on grocery is what kills you. BCP's grocery cap is double that. So you pick up $500-1000 in Best Buy gift cards to get your new TV, or you load a Shell card for your fuel. There's a plethora of restaurant cards, ebay cards, heck even your Amazon, and all these you're getting 6% back. It's really easy to max the BCP grocery cap of 500/mo.
500 x .06 x 12 - 75 = 285

So you'd have to be spending on Amazon in excess of the BCP's limit to make the Sallie May pay out more.

I understand that you're having difficulty following the conversation, so let me help you out here:
>I spend pennies on groceries
>You must only buy rice
>No I'm just a really smart shopper
>Noway, me too, isn't that neat?
>Stop making fun of me for doing the thing that you just agreed is good and you do too
Interesting.

Welcome to Veeky Forums. Here, you're actually prevented from samefag shitposting, you'll notice next to Anonymous, it shows a unique ID string. So in this thread, you're known as SFFHWPzp in brown. This should really help you not faceplant upon stumbling into a thread in the future! It's ok, we were all new at one point, and your mishap surely gave several people hearty keks.

As if I didn't know that and wouldn't have posted from my cellphone if I wanted to samefag.

>best buy gift cards
Why would you ever buy shit from that overpriced place

how much do you spend on meat? Because I probably alone eat 100+ dollars a week even if you were cooking from scratch etc

they would bug me constantly about being pre approved for their premier gold card. finally give in
no fee first year. cancel right before i had to pay fee for second year. their rewards are alrigt if youre spending thousands a month. i was only spending hundreds so not really worth it

It doesn't seem that hard to qualify for Gold, I had one and canceled before the first annual fee.

Kind of gay desu

Where do you live? I live in semi-rural TN, cost of living is pretty low here. I'm paying $435 for a 800 sq. ft. apt. Most new starter homes are around $100-160k/ yr.

*not per year on the house prices, typo lol

How is that possible? Seriously. $60 per month??? That's $1 per meal for 2 meals a day. That's fucking sub-saharan Africa level. If you don't eat rice and beans, what the fuck do you eat? A damn apple costs 50 cents.

I travel a lot, got the platinum delta one, free check bags, free companion ticket 1x a year, a round trip flight is always more than the 195/yr fee
Math out if you will make money, you can always cancel the card

Stock up on stuff on sale and deep freeze it, faggot. I have 90lb of frozen turkeys that I paid under $30 for.

It's a wide assortment electronics store. If you can't find good deals, you're either blindfolded or your fedora is blocking your view.

He's full of shit, just ignore him.

I bet you were really good at Oregon Trail.

22 lbs of turkey for $6? Good job, bro!

Ah, thanks. These credit card ratings are probably the most confusing financial system I've encountered so far.

I understand you're freezing stuff yada yada yada but where are you getting deals like that? Cheapest I've seen for a turkey is still double that price. And that was if you bought a bunch of other overpriced shit.

That was Walmart after Christmas. Guess they were trying to dump their excess stock.The price under that label says $1.48/lb.

Have the posters are neets

They price match from amazon.

I did it to not pay for shipping cost on a set of speakers

Tell your land Lord to get one of those swipes you put on a smartphone

You know you can buy gift cards on amazon to basically anywhere you'd want to spend your money. Just churn those benefits.