Rate my new tattoo I got last week

Rate my new tattoo I got last week.
I got four new ones over the course of last month

New tattoo general. Old one reaching limit. Post your tats or tats you want

the tattoo/image/art itself is cool (8/10) but ankle tattoo in itself is too common for it to be s-i-c-k

yay or nay?

you're unemployable now, congrats.

Why would a tattoo on my ankle affect my employment ?

I saw a guy on the tram last year with this exact tattoo. It looked great but would only look good if you were heavily tatted

bad

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>MUTILATING ONE'S BODY.

posted in the other fcking thread got no answers, Got this representing marriage with ex wife , she got a raccoon
opinions plz, I like tattoos but dont a lot about them

That's awesome

I love tattoos but for me, they are only cool if they have a meaning behind them
>I'd love to get the dark sign from Dark Souls because the game helped me cope and finally overcome my depression.

Only good ones.

yeah he's good

Would this work somehow?

Post a pic taken with something else than a toaster and we could judge

Normally I don't like video game tattoos but this sounds super cool, go for it

I like it, but personally I'd consider changing the guys expression so it doesn't look like
>ugh, fuck off skeleton I want to be alone with my flag

a good tattoo is still a tattoo, and tattoos are fucking awful. it's more of a fashion statement not to have one at this point

love the design
hate the placement

why are you even in a thread like this?
>I'm sure all these people will care about my opinion

thoughts? I got this last week

some of the cut off branches look like dog dicks...

fuck you

looks good bro

cannot unsee

fucking kek

samefaging on my board?

nope lel

alright!

I think this is cool but not timeless

thanks for replying to me

lmaooooooo

thoughts on this
normally hate tattoos but i really like this one, might actually get it done

fuckk

Few of mine

Your body your choice. Pretty butt ugly and I don't like the idea of ripping off other people's originality. But that's just my opinion

The shadow is the skull is done sloppily and also doesn't make any sense. What light source would create a shadow like that?
Looks a bit like some one smeared dirt on your chest.
Otherwise the skull is p good, I like that it's asymmetrical. How much did it cost?

Ugh, you're one of those.

What is wrong with your nipples?

reminder that tattoos are not effay at all

Yeah i know, i don't know why my artist did that. Then again he's more of a tracer than an artist. So i told him to give me the skull with a few trash polka elements.. instead he gave me shitty shadows i didn't ask for. I'll do some work on my other free peck to focus the attention away from the crap shading.

Nothing, they just aren't perky i guess. What's wrong with yours?

Probably going to get this one on my forearm as my first, yay or nay?

Chemical structure tattoos are pretty overplayed, especially neurotransmitters and psychedelics. But at least that's a nice looking formula without the letters

Please don't unless you're a chemist

Well DESU around where I live they're not really that widespread. I guess I've only once seen a guy with an LSD.

Thanks, I also think that having a full-on structure formula with letters and all makes it look like you were trying to take notes for science classes on yourself.

Not really a chemist, but am a barista and kind of live on coffee during exam sessions.

I feel like there are much cooler coffee tats to get than a caffeine molecule. Google american traditional coffee tattoos for some cool shit

pls dont

is it cringy to get lyrics on your stomach area in a helvetica font filled in w black? theres a dabid bowie song i love and wouldnt mind getting it tonight

Checked them out already. Yeah they're cool, but I'm really not a fan of old school tats. Like, they're an homage to stuff of the olden days now, and I'm 19. Imagine just how dated it's gonna look like when I'm old.

Possibly wouldn't. What are your reasons tho?

what about one the scientific drawings of the coffee plant? like this one
Less subtle but there are lots of different variations

those "traditional" ones are tacky as fuck

but... but where is the fun then?

not really. I'd say it depends on the way the words are layouted.

Probably not considered Veeky Forums but I'm happy with it

please listen to this user not nearly as tacky as a molecule my man. I'm a chemist and I don't even have molecule tats

nice vivid colours, personally I would have it on the torso but u do u

>not nearly as tacky as a molecule
>I'm a chemist
I can understand why it is tacky to you. However, generally most people wouldn't even know what it is, and that's what I really like about it - the subtlety.

The bean thing suggested here is really nice and I thanks for suggestion user, but A) I feel like it's pretty straightforward, and B) I wouldn't want to start off with a colored tat.

Would you even consider getting like a really obscure one? Or what about chemistry related tats but not structural formulas

Ive never liked a colored tattoo before but i love this

Looks good user, love the colourwork.

What is the meaning it has for you, if you don't mind sharing?

I do have a chem tat but it's not really healed and i need to get it touched up but this is it. As for molecules I might consider getting a really cool structure I publish but idk. Something to consider but I'm not crazy about the idea.

A caffeine molecule is literally the most straightforward you can be with this idea. At least if you get a tattoo of the plant it's cool as-is artistically speaking, and if people talk to you about it you can tell them what the significance is. 1000000x cooler than a caffeine molecule IMO

sideways but whatever

Why titanium my man?

Thank you my guys. It's kinda pretentious I guess, but it's Jormungandr, Loki's.. kid in Norse mythology, often called "The world Serpent " because it forms an ouroboros around the world, and when Thor kills it, the world will end. I got it because I love the mythology/I come from Yorkshire so we're like secondhand/fake Nords
I got it designed by this sick Mexican artist online called Monarobot, she does all this Mayan style artwork so it's like a marriage of Mayan and Viking which I think is pretty cool

I have a titanium screw in my hand from a surgery several years ago. Not the most important element in my research but I thought it was a nice fit artistically

>A caffeine molecule is literally the most straightforward you can be with this idea

It depends on what sorts of straightforward we consider.

From the ideology perspective it is definitely straightforward. Knowing it's caffeine you can make a very direct logical connection "He's a barista/he really likes coffee". I see no problems with that - it's a symbol, and I think it's okay for symbols to have straightforward ideology. That's why we need symbols instead of uberrealistic expressions - to produce a refined, abstract idea.

From the visual perspective, however, it's not really straightforward.
As in, most people would not realize it is caffeine from looking at it. I think that this is what matters - not to sound too full of myself, but I don't want my tattoos to be super easily readable. Same as most people would not realize your tattoo stands for titanium, as it only has the periodical table number.

Ah I thought it'd be something like that. What field of chem is your research in?

From the visual perspective it's incredibly straightforward because it's just 2 polygons and some circles.
I think you're conflating the meaning with image

oh, and just to add. Your tat is pretty slick. Definitely one of the best chemistry tats I've seen.

>From the visual perspective it's incredibly straightforward because it's just 2 polygons and some circles.
Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly. By visual perspective I meant more like "perception". How it's gonna come out to people around me who get to see it (which is probably not gonna be a lot, cause climate + corporate culture dress code).

Thanks dude. I think my perception is skewed because I see molecules every day and caffeine is super basic to me. Most people won't know what it is obviously but to those that do it might come off as cringey.

I agree with your desire for abstraction as you can see by my own tattoo. But I think abstracting from coffee -> coffee plant is more aesthetically pleasing than going from coffee -> molecule. Honestly what it comes down to is I think the plant (or whatever else) would just be a cooler thing to have on your body as the art stands on its own.

I do inorganic chemistry, mostly earth abundant catalysis. Either starting graduate school or an industry synthesis job in the coming months so I might end up in something completely different

Yeah, we definitely agree on abstraction. The difference in aesthetic preferences is a futile thing to argue over, tho, but thanks a lot for your perspective.

Also, congrats on having an actually relevant and useful degree from a Business and Management bachelor. Probably going to transfer into Economics next year.

That looks awesome

Honestly, not something I would usually like but that blue-green is really nice. I wonder how it will age...

Nice bro

Did a white ink

Would something that uses watercolor like this be feasible for a tattoo or would it come out muddy?

forgot pic

Unemployable

Sacred

How come forearms are unemployable? Unless it's crazy ass hot where you live, you get to wear long sleeves almost universally. Most places which care about a tattoo would have you wear a suit anyway.

I dont think stomach's the best place for that

What does Veeky Forums think of my new tattoos

it looks a tad generic

you do you ofc but I really hope that they have some meaning, and you didn't get the just cause they looked cool on the flash sheet

How did this become such a meme within the past year?

It can't be cause Craig Ferguson got it, can it? And I might be even more disappointed if it's some sort of lame east coast affinity, the way there's west coast best coast.

Its horrible.You found a cheap flash tattoo artist who can ink dicks, congrats.

Autistic

Do all fresh tattoos look like temporary ones?