Glasses/Eyewear general

Hi

I didn't find a thread about glasses, so I thought I'd make one.

I have pic related at the moment. I like them mostly because they are light and unobtrusive, but I have a feeling they make me look like I'm from the IT department of my local company.

What's the "fashion" choice currently? Is it big and oversized round glasses with thick rims, or are early 2000s no rims allowed glasses still the norm?

TL;DR : Looking for a pair of glasses to wear as a second pair outside as I'm going to start wearing glasses regularly instead of contacts.
General glasses thread, post inspo or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/senseilefox/
youtu.be/VUFr4SK1-l4
eyebuydirect.com/prescription-glasses/acetate-eyeglasses-concept-coffee-and-cream-tortoise-p-16485)
framesdirect.com/framesfp/Randy_Jackson-lakanfoh/r.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've heard all the usual about "pick a shape for your face" with oval, square, round and heart-shaped faces, but it's hard to tell what shape my own face is.

I think it's oval-shaped, so apparently clubmasters should work well like on Gosling here, but then again, I'm not Ryan Gosling, so I doubt I would be able to pull them off without looking very effeminate.

>Pic related aren't even clubmasters

>pls respond

>What's the "fashion" choice currently?
Meh, there's a lot of "fashion" choices. It's all about what you can pull off, and what you can't.
I'd say do not go for no rims, so then it's down to what you wear and your face shape, size.
Look up Oliver Peoples and Salt to get some inspo.

I just bought a pair of Oliver Peoples Coleridge myself, I liked the look of Calidor but they don't fit my face so I had to skip it.
The easiest way to know if they fit or not is to try them on. Find a local retailer that has Oliver Peoples and your good to go. Try on all frames and buy the ones that feel natural on your face and mixes with your style.

Considering I've never heard of that particular brand, I doubt there are any in my country. I will keep an eye out though.

I was thinking of a pair of glasses with heavier rims, but I'm not sure if I want to hide my face behind my glasses or draw too much attention to them. But I guess it could work to my advantage as well.

Face shape thing is a meme. The shape of your face doesn't matter when it comes to glasses unless you have a grossly exaggerated shape. Facial features are more important (nose size, nose roundness/width, eyebrows shape/thickness, hairline shape).

Like, if you have thick eyebrows, wire frame might look better on you than thick frame.

Naturally, hard to judge for myself how things look on me though, especially when it comes to my face.

I will probably just go to a bunch of different stores and try out everything until I develop a feel for what might work and what might not.

what are some really safe sunglasses? Do aviators work for all faces? Any meme sunglasses around worth considering?

How good is ZenniOptical or Eyebuydirect

Wayfarer shape works on like 9/10 people

On that Patrick Bateman shit

Hey, might not be fully related but I'd prefer to keep from making a new thread.

Would someone be able to identify what sort of sunglasses he's wearing? If not the specific brand then at least what the shape/frame is called?

instagram.com/senseilefox/

well you can buy the raybans too.
Theyre just the optimal glasses, not too boring, not too flashy.

RB 7056

the lighter cousin of the Wayfarer

just for reference, rflkt theory from eyebuydirect is basically identical to gregory pecks

I already destroyed mine

What are some Veeky Forums eyepatches

eyebuydirect is pretty great

i'm starting to think this is the case

now what do you recommend for someone with moderately wide villain eyebrows (not that heavy though), a short wide nose, and a very slight widows peak?

judging from pic related, they were some $5 unidentifiable children's cheap shit

c/n?
can cover up the text on the side

hello 2005

Is there any saving grace for people that have a perscription that magnifies their eyes
inb4 contacts

more like 1985

These but black?

I currently wear clubmasters in tortoiseshell/gold.
Looking for any feedback I can get on whether these work for my face or if I should consider something new.
I wish the gold was a bit more antique/oxidized. These feel too 'loud' with how much they reflect light.
Still growing my hair out and losing weight, if that might somehow impact any advice I get.

Bullying welcome.

these aviators are not the same as

ID of these glasses?

youtu.be/VUFr4SK1-l4

probably warby parker

Ordered a pair today since they had the special going on

The Nose Bridge looks big enough for my nose, so let's hope its good.

more like 1985

the text on the temples and shape of the bridge tell me otherwise

I agree with the Eyebuydirect posters. Great glasses. I own four pairs from them. Three are the "concept" model (eyebuydirect.com/prescription-glasses/acetate-eyeglasses-concept-coffee-and-cream-tortoise-p-16485)

I mostly wear the two-tone tortoise and cream ones as regular glasses, and the tortoise and olive with green lenses for sunglasses. I also have a blue pair.

People often think they're worth hundreds. They're $70 but wait for a sale and you can get them BOGO or 20-30% off.

This

>eyebuydirect theory

They don't have them in black, do the translucent look good on guys?

Not really.

Unless you're a college student or a female, stay away. Tortoise is much better

they look fine

where to cop this pair of sunglasses or similar one?

i got prescribed glasses that i dont wear my eyes havent been tested i may strain them but i can still make out things, my eye doctor always tells me i dont really need them but its always an option to wear them when needed, that being said i have a big hooked nose, I was thinking about getting some rounded ones. Anyone know any glasses that look good with these types of nose
I'm also looking into getting the leon glasses but i want to see other options first

they have plenty of other frames that are similar shaped

the reason i like eyebuydirect is because they have so many choices that are "similar" but different, whether it's in color or size or acetate or metal.

have you ever returned a pair to them?

thinking about buying a risky pair and i don't think it's super likely i'll keep them

Anyone recognize these?

Looking for a similar type of glasses and was wondering if maybe the same manufacturer would have more similar glasses.

(Yes, it's Idubbbz)

dude maybe try asking idubbbz, he's a real bro and would honestly probably tell you. just don't be a faggot about it.

framesdirect.com/framesfp/Randy_Jackson-lakanfoh/r.html

they're randy jackson, here's the closest pair i could find.

c/n boys? Was gonna go for the Lynch in black but its sold out so thinking of going for these.

no i haven't but their return policy says you can return any pair no questions asked

how about a fucking thank you since i found the exact glasses you were looking for.

I was making some delicious juicy chicken breast and I was not here to see your reply.

Thank you faggot.

About to cop these to replace my old Ralph Lauren's

bump

Hello Ted Mosby.

How about you chill out? 15 minutes passed, holy shit must you be new to this board.

What glasses should I get? I'm thinking Ray-Ban club master. Also, does anyone know if I can get prescription lenses with them instead of sunglasses?

how's the stem degree going

are my new glasses effay?

cute

Pretty good , i ordered some glasses from zenni and they came in 15 days earlier than expected so good service as well, just make sure you input all the correct information when ordering them. If you dont know some of the symbols like I did, look them up instead of guessing.

I have the same features other than that my nose is long and i use glasses that have a aviator shape to them or thick rectangles

that dude looks like he takes it in the ass incessantly.

they're too big for your face. glasses are made in different sizes for a reason.

This.
I also think they're too big.

Dang, if this is real pic of you then you got a hell of a jawline there.
>clubmasters
Nah, I'd say don't go for clubmasters. Personally I don't like them and they're very played out overall.
But sure, if you like them a lot then go for it.
You can most likely pull of most glasses as you face is pretty nice and not oddly shaped in any way I feel.

I also have a feeling you're not into fashion at all, so let me just say that the biggest problem is not glasses if you want to dress better.
Anyways, if you want to find glasses, find a store with Oliver Peoples and try on all the frames in the store, Oliver Peoples or not.
Then pick the ones you like the most.
If you're not sure about what you like and don't want to waste time finding your style of getting a sense of what you're comfortable with or like dressing in, then just go for some black round plastic frames or something. Or clear frames, clear frames are pretty cool.

>Also, does anyone know if I can get prescription lenses with them instead of sunglasses?
Yea, pretty sure almost anywhere.

ther'e not too big, just a really wide shape for your face

rude ;_;

glasses are too big but your face is effay as fuck

So my pair of glasses that I've owned for many years recently broke (I won't go into details), but it's not all bad. Now's a good opportunity to pick up a fresh new pair however, I'm on a budget and can't afford anything above $100. It's my limit and I'm wondering if I should purchase my new pair from Walmart. What do you guys think? I've never bought glasses from there and I'm curious to know if they've got anything that looks really good and is also cheap.

how about go in and look at the fucking glasses you autist.

just get some frames off the internet

read the thread mate