Was he the only German philosopher of the 19th Century who didn't try to use Christianity as a crutch by invoking an...

Was he the only German philosopher of the 19th Century who didn't try to use Christianity as a crutch by invoking an approaching "new age" when they're philosophy would be realized?

*their

And John Stuart Mill, Jeremy Bentham and several others.

Ironically the age of nihilism came to power

They were Germans?

I guess I missed that part. But I guess you're right for the most part, unless you think Nietzsche, Marx and Engels used Christianity as a "crutch".

Since half of Nietzsche philosophy is criticizing Christianity, and since Marx and Engels were heavily influenced by Bruno Bauer, I'd say so. Both Marx and Nietzsche do not simply put for a philosophy of life, their philosophies hinge on their fulfillment in a new age that replaces the Kingdom Come of Christianity.

That's an absolutely idiotic interpretation. Their philosophies would stand solid without the criticism of Christianity. They criticize Christianity because it's a major ideology that stands in opposition to their own, not because their ideologies can't function without it.

Why do you never stop being retarded?

>They criticize Christianity because it's a major ideology

Not only that, they spent a lot of time criticizing Christianity because it's power was vastly greater than it is today, at least in the West.

Nope, Nietzsche couldn't stand without Christianity. Nietzsche hates the world, and wishes to see it burn in flames, with massive death and destruction, and he fantasizes about a new world without any trappings of the old. Without Christianity to project all this thinking onto, Nietzsche's philosophy would lack much of its aesthetic.

Marx certainly couldn't stand without the idea that his philosophy would be realized and enforced globally, that is the very linchpin of his thought.

>Nietzsche hates the world,

Wrong from the fucking outset. Well, I wont bother here. This is going to be another thread where you prattle on like the narcissistic fanatic you are while beating vigorously a strawman (in this case, several) of any ideology you don't like.

So, fuck yourself.

Nietzsche clearly hates weakness and otherworldliness, not the world itself.

Hating the world is literally what he criticizes Christianity for.

>Nietzsche hates the world
Literally the exact opposite of Nietzsche. Try reading a book for once.

>Wrong from the fucking outset.
Nope, absolutely right. Nietzsche absolutely detests his society and age. If you say, "Well, he only detests the world due to how it currently is," but in that case, Nietzsche's criticism of Christianity as worldhating would fall apart as well.

It's called projecting.

That's not hating the world, you fucking imbecile. Being critical of society is not the same hating the world itself.

You make it really hard for me to not hate you. Do you know that?

>it'a a constantine talks shit episode
worst tripfag on Veeky Forums

Nah, I'd take him over that other one that literally does nothing but shitpost. At least Constantine tries.

Then Nietzsche has no basis for saying Christianity hates the world, for Christianity only talks of the end of this order of the world, and a new heaven and earth. How is this any worse than what Nietzsche speaks of?

Because Nietzsche's proposed changes are material phenomenon that don't involve making the world into some sort of otherworldly paradise. His philosophy accepts the bad shit of the world as well as the good, whereas Christianity says that the bad shit of the world is a product of it not being in accord with this heavenly realm, that evil and suffering are a product of our disobedience with God which has caused us to fall from his otherworldly grace.

>Nietzsche accepts the bad shit of the world as good
Certainly not what he sees as bad, which is everything about society in his age, he hates it and wants to see it destroyed in fire and bloodshed

>Nietzsche's proposed changes are material phenomenon
They are a complete transformation of humanity into practically a new species that sees the former humanity as how the former humanity saw apes. Materialist rather than spiritual, yes, but only in the sense that science fiction is materialist vs. fantasy as spiritualist.

>Then Nietzsche has no basis for saying Christianity hates the world

But he does have a basis for it, because the Christ literally said that nothing in done in this world matters, other than following him.

If that isn't the most clear expression of, at the very minimum, disdain for the world, I don't know what is.

>It's a "Constantine strawmans Nietzsche" episode

And here I am in the thread because I thought we were going to talk Schope.

Dude. Disliking some elements of society isn't the same as making life into a cosmic waiting room for an eternal paradise in which your moralistic suffering pays off. How can you not see the fucking difference?

To meet your standards, the only people who don't hate the world are apathetic dipshits who see nothing worth changing or improving.

Do you ever stop to question yourself? Like, take a good hard look at yourself and ask yourself if you're correct? Or is it just some continuous feedback loop of "I know Jesus loves, because Constantine the wife boiling psychopath believed in him."

>he hates it and wants to see it destroyed in fire and bloodshed
Once again, it's apparent you've never read Nietzsche at all. Here's what he actually said about the "sickly" people of his age:
>Gentle is Zarathustra to the sickly. Verily, he is not indignant at their modes of consolation and ingratitude. May they become convalescents and overcomers, and create higher bodies for themselves!

Nietzsche says nothing matters other than following his aesthetic.

No, I'm pretty sure he never says that.

In The Will to Power, Nietzsche similarly tries to justify nihilism as ugly but "paying off" because it's necessary for the new age.

None of that changes that Nietzsche sees massive war and destruction as the catalyst for his dreamworld of X-Men

>In The Will to Power, Nietzsche similarly tries to justify nihilism as ugly but "paying off" because it's necessary for the new age.

That didn't address anything I said.

Also, seriously, answer that last question: do you ever actually stop and question yourself, or are you stuck in an ideological feedback loop where it's everyone else that's in the wrong for disagreeing with you?

>Nietzsche says nothing matters other than following his aesthetic.

Yeah, but Nietzsche doesn't claim to be God, and neither does he threaten everyone who doesn't bow to everlasting hellfire.

Nietzsche is quite absolute in this regard, perhaps the only thing that he's absolute on

Christians don't claim to be God either, neither do they (or at least, my Church) threaten people.

First off, will to power was a collection of his notes published posthumously. Second, I suspect that quote is taken out of context.

Read my post again. I'm not talking about Christians. I'm talking about Christ.

if god existed he would have you killed

Yes, it was posthumously published and it was notes, but they were notes meant for a work called that, and it was meant as his magnum opus. It is vital because it is the work that lays out Nietzsche's definitions for a lot of terms like "nihilist" and "aristocratic" in depth, without it the best of his work can be interpreted extremely arbitrarily.

Nietzsche barely criticizes Christ. He detests Christianity, he just thinks he was misguided

Why are you evading every single post to you?

I mean, are you getting paid to shitpost?

>Nietzsche hates the world
I wonder if you misinterpret and embarass yourself so badly with your own Christian stuff like you do with pretty much everything else. Any Christian here can confirm this?

Wagner, if you consider him a philosopher.