Christians must by definition believe in both demons and Satan

Christians must by definition believe in both demons and Satan.

The new testament is FULL of references to demons: it was Jesus' power to cast out demons that was considered one of his most serious proofs of divinity. Jesus not only casts out demons in the NT, but talks with them.

Jesus is also tempted by the devil in the desert, who offers him power. This devil is called 'Satan' by name in Mark, and Jesus actually says that he witnessed Satan fall from heaven. Satan is also identified by other names, like Beelzebub.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_in_Christianity#New_Testament

Other urls found in this thread:

rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/366/1563/389.abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's just a metaphor, bro.

I'm pretty sure they do, unless you're talking about liberal Protestantism.

Iblis is the self we must vanquish in order to reach unity with Allah.

Christians will say that everything they dont like about the bible is a metaphor and not literal, and everything they like is literal. What they like or dont depends on the time they live in.
Then they will tell you that the bible is all truth as well and that the proof of its truth lies in itself.

They are clinically insane.

please not another bloody tripfag

Of course demons and Satan are real, just look at this thread.

I believe in demon possession, exorcism etc. as well, know very few "christians" who don't.

Your on a board about History and humanities. Of course there's going to be people who think they know everything and give themselves names on an anonymous image board.

fuck you crosscuck

Jesus is just a metaphor. You don't have to believe he was a real person to be a Christian.

It's a metaphor you stupid atheist

We don't believe in any supernatural phenomena unless it's unfalsifiable

You don't speak for me.

Or maybe it's symbolic

What

Muslim false-flag shitposters? Can't be any worse than the die-hard young world creationist shitposters already around here.

>Unitarian detected

Bible is full of metaphors and you can ignore every single thing Jesus say as well except for ''I love you'' and the heaven part of course that's totally legit.

I tend to think of Heaven as a metaphor.

The ressurrection is a metaphor. Jesus didn't let really raise from the dead. What is meant is that one who believes is born again/finds a new meaning in life.

Christians by definition must believe that Jesus is Lord, and that He rose from the dead. That's the definition of what it means to be a Christian.

You will find that there are Christians who do not believe there are demons, or a devil, etc. That makes them ignorant, not not-Christians.

>I'll speak for my betters.

Where in the qur'an does allah promise you unity with him?

> People who believe differently than I do are shitposters.

met·a·phor
ˈmedəˌfôr,ˈmedəˌfər/
noun
a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
"“I had fallen through a trapdoor of depression,” said Mark, who was fond of theatrical metaphors"
synonyms: figure of speech, image, trope, analogy, comparison, symbol, word painting/picture
"the profusion of metaphors in her everyday speech has gotten pretty tiresome"
a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.
"the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering"

Most of you don't seem to know what one is....

>literalism
>metaphoricalism
Heretic as fuck.

Met-a-phor
Whatever part of the bible Christians find embarrassing at a given time.

Oh? And what might those be?

demons are unfalsifiable so it's all good

search "possessed" and "exorcism" on youtube and educate yourself, pleb

Top kek.

Have you got a study done under lab conditions that you want to share with us or is it just "check muh shitty youtube clips"?

so perfectly worded. maybe not "clinically insane," but everything else is.

That shit is bunk. Mermaids: The Body Found tier.

please cite the christian creed or doctrine that says "you dont have to believe..." and that doubting jesus existence isn't blasphemous.

the most disgusting thing about christians or other religious people is that they just make shit up about their faith. religion isnt a place where you make up your own rules. religion is where you follow the rules god made up, not you.

>religion is where you follow the rules god made up, not you.
More precisely, religion is where you follow someone else's spirituality because you have none of your own.

Keep looking for peer reviewed journals on wiping your ass while everyone around you holds their nose.

How can you not tell you're not responding to an actual Christian?

>I know something about stuff I'm not involved in.

I'm more involved than you think. Religion is ultimately for the spiritually vapid. Anyone with their own spirituality that engages with religion, often brings most of its supposed collective spirituality with them to the table.

I suppose in your head that is a solid response.

rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/366/1563/389.abstract

it doesnt matter who im talking to on this bengali quilting website. the point is christian actually do sound like this. there are roman catholics, for example, that ignore creeds and doctrines that specifically make them roman catholic and just believe the parts of religion that are appealing to them.

and of course no christian wants to tell another that hes not really christian, because they just want their communities to be unified so theres lots of members. its doesnt matter that all the members actually dont have any clue why their unified.

>I'm an expert in something I'm not.

>Science is an appropriate vehicle for supernatual investigations.

You started out talking about Christians, and then suddenly changed to talking about Catholics.

Why?

>for example

do i need to go through every goddamn denomination to prove my point that christians make shit up about what their religion is telling them.

you seem to have trouble focusing on the point im making. maybe im not explaining it clearly

do you think christians typically seem in agreement with eachother and their doctrines about what their faith is telling them?

>Unscientific methods are needed for unscientific subjects

I already told you what Christians have to believe in order to be Christians. Maybe read the thread.

>Science, Science, Uber Alles! Uber Alles in der Welt!

Where did we come from? Dunno
Where are we going? Dunno
Why are we here? Dunno
What is morality? Dunno
What is God like? Dunno

Prior to asserting your asinine opinions, please prepare to have peer reviewed journal entries for all of your "scientific" answers to these questions.

Thank you.

this thread and posts like this are great examples of evidence of how christians dont understand what a christian actually is.

you dont need to tell me what Christians have to believe in order to be Christians.

my point is christians really often seem to not understand what Christians have to believe in order to be Christians.

which is disgusting to a person concerned with seeking the truth of the world he live in, regardless of which doctrine that truth is aligned with.

is this coming through to you at all?

The real question: is Christianity a metaphor?

>"no u" tier argument
Nice, religionfags at their peak as usual.

It's spirituality for anarchists.

Is that so?

why have 2 names, satan and beelzebub,refer to the same thing? is it possible beelzebub and satan are 2 different things? is the new testament refering to 2 seperate entities?

So tell me.

What exactly is an appropriate vehicle for supernatural investigations?

Look-at-youtubeism?

Make-stuff-up-ism?

What exactly is the methodology you are applying here?

>iblis
Are you telling me a sonic 06 character's name comes from islam

Okay

I'm afraid so, Leo.

>why have 2 names, satan and beelzebub,refer to the same thing?
I don't know. Why do Americans call football "soccer" and handegg "football"?

christianity really bends monotheism by acknowledging all these demons and the godliness of christ. I can see why islam emphasized how muhammad was not a deity, and jesus was just a prophet and a man, as if it was an attempt to steer abrahamic faiths back to monotheism because christianity kind of let it get out of hand.

Why is anyone quibbling with the OP? He's right. I'm a Christian and I believe in demons and the Devil.

In fact, since I'm Catholic, I believe my Church's clergy regularly banishes them from the world.

that analogy isnt quite right. a better one would be that americans use football and soccer interchangeably, which of course, they dont. so why is the bible using satan and beelzebub interchangeably? or is it in fact refering to 2 different things?

>They are clinically insane.
No, just incredibly dense. A scary level of stupid.

Logically, the whole concept of the Bible makes no sense. The book itself makes no sense. One just has to think about it rationally for a good 15 minutes to realize this.

Allegorically, it has way more value, profundity, and sensibility. It is still fairly toxic to the human spirit but in a metaphorical sense it's at least a formidable work.

There is a reason why the rabble flocks to the church. The absolute lowest of the low in society. Snotty, superstitious, conscience-less whistleblowers and deviants, pedophiles, the diseased and the poor, the uneducated blind folk, the resentful and the petty, and idiot children. The reason is because the work itself is just not hygienic for humanity. The work itself is a contaminated version of what Jesus really said, anyway.

This.

I know most people won't believe me but I had a massive problem with a demon stroking my penis while I was asleep. I tried quack doctors but it was a priest that banished the demon after I opened up in confession.

would you say your faith is really monotheistic? of course God is the all powerful omniscient one, but there seems to be other spirits that have lots of supernatural powers. dont you think judaism and islam are "more monotheistic"

>I know most people won't believe me but I had a massive problem with a demon stroking my penis while I was asleep.
Translation: he had wet dreams often

>I tried quack doctors but it was a priest that banished the demon after I opened up in confession.
Translation: the priest he goes to molests him which now satisfies his urges

'Wet dreams' are something 'sex educators' made up thanks to the Lucifer and Martin Luther.

>of course God is the all powerful omniscient one

That's why I do consider it monotheistic. Just because God is the only genuine, all-powerful deity doesn't mean that there aren't numerous other spiritual entities working their will through the world.

It's a bit like the human situation of bad rulers, dictators and demagogues and such. If God was really going to oppose all who defied his will, why wouldn't he also strike down any non-Christian heads of state? But clearly he doesn't do that, so it's not much of a stretch to think that there are other spiritual forces in the world that can to some degree work their will.

Why doesn't God run a tighter ship? I don't know. Maybe it comes down to free will. Maybe there's a big judgment coming at some point in the far future. All I know is that, even if you look into the Tanakh, there are numerous instances of powers and spirits able to work in ways not aligned with God's will.

why martin luther?

Yes, so?

He destroyed Christianity.

he's still buttmad about something that happened 500 years ago

When you believe in the sky daddy, that's a pretty small leap of faith to take.

does it seem to you that islam was is some way a response to christianity, that miracles and the whole son of god thing was a bad idea and we should go back to worshipping just one thing? no more holy spirit, no son of god, no beelzebub, no satan, etc.

I have experience dealing with the demonic, and I've often thought about becoming an exorcist or at least making my way to Rome.

There is so much to it, to actually understand the underpinnings and complexities of the relationship of the demonic to man that it is very difficult to quickly "prove" it to a person who has no personal experience with it. Though it can be done in some situations.

If you want to dive into it without needing great historical and knowledge of esoteric systems I would suggest reading the work Hostage to the Devil by Dr. Malachi Martin.

I'll stay in this thread for awhile if anyone has questions about the nature of the demonic and its relation to man. My name is Thomas.

Bullshit. Repression can be visibly seen in people who suffer from it, it's called neurosis. I would know, because I suffer from it, to the point where if I don't jerk off every week I get night terrors.

Demons causing that? lol yeah, personal demons maybe. I know myself well and what's happened in my past to know what causes it.

Read the Kingdom of God is Within You. Leo wouldn't find that claim all that shocking in the slightest.

Well I guess I'll check in on this thread later, I'll be going out to eat soon.

Best of luck to you all in your investigations.

Oh God, why do I wanna fuck that image?
Fuck demons, all of them are faggots following some pretty boy too triggered by us Humans.

I knew you wouldn't believe me, but until you have experienced demons visiting you at night you should not be so dismissive.

I don't want to overshare but some mornings I woke up with a bleeding dick.

I was at point only semi-religious and I thought most of it was a joke, but then I woke up to the sunlight playing through my window onto the ceiling and it showed me the face of Jesus. Then I went to see my priest and he cured me.

You can't account for that with scientific tests.

Your right, so how the hell did you summon the demon, you fucking witch.

I never summoned any demon. It came to me at night.

One time it even came on my face. And I woke up with a taste in my mouth like you wouldn't believe.

Bullshit it just came to you. You must of done something to summon it.

Why would I do that?

I don't know, maybe you're a horny and you attracted the daemon from hell.

I am NOT a horny.

>Christians must by definition believe in both demons and Satan.
Unless they consider them parable.

I'd like to say the hard and fast definition is the belief in the divinity of Christ - but a lot of Unitarians don't believe that, and are still called Christian by both themselves and others.

So... Just belief in Christ and the teachings there of on some level then? Hell, not even entirely sure in the belief that he ever actually existed, really, suspect just the value of the teachings would cut it.

In anycase, you don't get to tell other folks what religion they are... Or at least, if you do, you're a dick, and people have no obligation to listen to dicks.

A horny what? Why did you make yourself attractive to the whore?

People can experience anything with just the right kind of chemical imbalance.

That's my mother you are talking about you fat piece of shit.

>his mother is the whore
Well that explains it.

>I'd like to say the hard and fast definition is the belief in the divinity of Christ - but a lot of Unitarians don't believe that, and are still called Christian by both themselves and others.

>So... Just belief in Christ and the teachings there of on some level then?
I'd say belief in Christ (regardless of his nature) and his teachings coupled with no belief in any prophets after Christ. This rules out Muslims and Mormons, while allowing for Unitarians to be called Christian.
The Ebionites might cause trouble with that definition, but luckily they've died out.

I'm not the one getting attacked by demons.

Well, whether it was a 'bad thing' or not is irrelevant, since from my own Christian perspective, Christianity is true and Islam is false, or at least less true than Christianity.

I do believe Islam is something of a response to Christianity, and I think scholars have said as much. I've read people saying that Islam was designed to be more "logical" than Christianity. I don't quite understand the point of that, though. If you believe in the transcendent otherness of God, why try and make him conform more to human logic? The Gospels and Paul's epistles both seem to confirm that Christ, and therefore God, see the world in ways humans do not. The divine perspective is different than the human perspective, and this to me seems more authentic than any attempt to make God more sensible to human understanding.

You sound a lot like a demon to me.

But I'm not, I'm trying to get to the root cause of why you're getting attacked by fucking demons.

Be nice to the kid, jeeze. He probably had really bad sleeping paralysis and the priest cured him in the same sense the a psychologist would.

...and if you have faith, the priest is a hell of a lot more effective.

Plus, the psychologist probably woulda send him to a psychiatrist, who woulda given him a pill that'd probably stop him dreaming altogether with who know's what side effects.

Besides, we all know you wish you were.