Fasting can induce hallucination.[1]

Fasting can induce hallucination.[1]

This also happened to be one Jesus', Muhammad's, Buddha's, and Moses' favorite activities, and significant relevations happened to them after fasting.

Coincidence?

What do religious people have to say about this?

1. hallucinations.enacademic.com/643/fasting-induced_hallucination

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/global-flood.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(AD_70)
godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html
reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/comments/2u1vgu/a_teacher_at_my_church_is_connecting_dots_between/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably something like "muh Jeusus was like son of himself so you are wrong and I'm right".

Not all of us religious people believe in fasting.

What religion are you?

>The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

>posting pasta with zero relevance to the post you're responding to
Getting really sick of your shit.

Not him, but I think Sikhs are against it.

Sikh.

"Worship, fasting, ceremonial marks on one's forehead, cleansing baths, generous donations to charities and self-mortification - the Lord Master is not pleased with any of these rituals, no matter how sweetly one may speak. ||1||"

Actually, in this case it is relevant. What the OP asked is "what do religious people have to say about this" and I would assume he is indeed religious. So if what he would have to say about is a regurgitated Bible quote, than that's what he would say about it.

Yep, it absolutely can. That is why you need an elder. Saint John of the Ladder strongly discouraged anyone who was new to monasticism to opt for being a hermit, and said without decades of guidance under fasting, you are likely to becoming consumed with hallucinations. Dostoevsky makes fun of such things with Father Ferapont in The Brothers Karamazov.

Christ's fasting on the mount included an encounter with the Devil, but the rest of the time he was not fasting (Matthew 11:19, Matthew 9:14)

>generous donations to charities

Wait, why aren't they supposed to give generously to charity?

By the power of the Holy Spirit He was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, He suffered, died and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end.

He preached for 3 years, was eventually betrayed and denied by His own disciples, then later mocked and killed. Less than 30 years after His death and resurrection His Gospel was preached as far as India and as He prophesied, 40 years after His death and resurrection, the siege of Jerusalem occurred, the city was annihilated and the Second Temple was completely destroyed along with nearly a million jews being slaughtered.

This is true. All of it.

He wasn't just a "preaching carpenter" and you know it. His resurrection is the greatest event in human history. The Apostles didn't lie. They didn't get crucified, beheaded, stabbed, burned alive, stoned and bludgeoned to death for nothing. If they didn't see the resurrected Jesus they would've kept denying Him.

oh there you are shillantine, tell me, did Noah die when he was 950 years old as the bible teaches?

Our temples are charities, but giving to charities with the thought of reward, making yourself feel morally superior, or believing you're going to please God is a mistake.

We should reach a stage where our compassion is natural, spontaneous, and egoless.

>>Hey, could you stop posting irrelevant shit?

>OH LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOW JESUS CHRIST IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

What the fuck. No one said a damn thing about your religion, stop shitposting for fuck's sake.

>No one said a damn thing about your religion
>Fasting can induce hallucination.[1]
>This also happened to be one Jesus

Oh, that makes sense.

I rather like Sikhs.

hey shillantine do you know that Jesus confirms the Flood? was Jesus lying?

What's the problem with the flood? Do you think floods don't happen , or are you not realizing the "flood being literally global" is a misinterpretation?

The exact same language is used when Cain was banished from the land. Was he banned to outer space? What about when the same language was used for the sound of horns through the land? Did they hear the fucking things in Mexico?

You're just being an intolerant asshole without your own investigation. You're a fucking gullible peon, more than those you accuse.

How did the flood wipeout life on earth besides what was on Noah's ark if it wasn't global?

>This is true. All of it.
No it isn't.

It wiped out life that couldn't breathe underwater, swim reaaally well, or fly overhead, in the land.

gotquestions.org/global-flood.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(AD_70)

I'm absolutely certain these stories are about a very fertile, beautiful place that's now at the bottom of the northern Persian Gulf. It was a spot below sea level, as New Orleans, and such a massive tsunami washed through, for whatever reason, that it filled up that basin and washed boats northward, up the flooded Euphrates. It has remained underwater since, and is in the cultural stories on Sumeria, which would have been directly north, also partially affected but not submerged.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(AD_70)

And this proves absolutely none of your claims.

Thanks, flawed interpretation, I just mentioned you.

godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html

It is a fulfilled prophecy.

Unfuck yourself today!

It wasn't local, the bible makes it clear. Are you a liberal "christian"?

Hmm no. That's what's called a lucky guess.

>However, there are many more examples of where kol erets is used without reference to any specific land, although the context clearly indicates a local area. For example, in Genesis 11 (the Tower of Babel) the text says, "the whole [kol] earth [erets] used the same language."6 We know that this reference is not really to the earth at all (and certainly not to the "whole earth"), but to the people of the earth, who all lived in one geographic location. It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the earth
So the flood was local, but still wiped out humanity because they all lived in one place? That's still demonstrably false.

It was local and this page you're refusing to read explains the confusion.

It didn't wipe out humanity. People have been on earth for thousands and thousands and thousands of years, categorically un-wiped out. Nothing says, "wiped all humans off the face of the planet", it's a fucked interpretation, not God's word.

>but to the people of the earth, who all lived in one geographic location. It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the earth

The people of the "land".

"Earth" and "land" are two translations of the same Hebrew word.

You didn't even read that link, did you.

I read it like a week ago.

>enacademic.com

shillantine pls
www.gotquestions.org/global-flood.html

>It wasn't until later that God scattered the people over the face of the earth

>I'm Christian
>Christ: "The Flood happened"
>It didn't happen tho!!111
?????

Christ was speaking in allegory you retarded fedora.

lol no

Luke 17:26-27

26 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

So it's less "giving to charities" and more "conspicuously giving to charities."

This new trip fag is so toxic he makes consTRANtine appear rational.

>triggered by biblical quotes
hello satan

t.

He is not even addressing the topic, just randomly regurgitating bible verses. Imagine you having a conversation like this:

>user how's the weather?
>For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Wouldn't you think this person is severally mentally ill?

>that shitty comparison
>What do religious people have to say about this?

If you are trying to have a conversation with a person whom you know only speaks by quoting bible verses, then you are the "mentally ill" one.

This is a good answer This just looks like a lunatic

rekt

Constantine is claiming that Christ just hallucinated. That's blasphemy.

>Constantine
shillantine*

that tranny isn't even christian

>The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18

fuck the cross

*tips*

No I'm not. I'm saying if you didn't believe in God, and wanted to indict him from a purely secular perspective of seeing things because he was fasting, the only thing you could say anything about was the encounter with the Devil. The rest of it you can't really say he was just crazy from fasting, since he wasn't fasting. I'm not saying I believe his encounter with the Devil was an hallucination, which I don't.

It's all just metaphors and allegories and shit bro.

Did Noah die when he was 950 years old?

Either that, or his age is part of the larger context of declining longevity meant to show that the eternal life man had in God as ebbing away, each shorter age meant to reflect declining spirituality.

Adam lived 930 years (Genesis 5:5). Seth lived 912 years (Genesis 5:8). Enosh lived 905 years (Genesis 5:11). Kenan lived 910 years (Genesis 5:14). Mahalalel lived 895 years (Genesis 5:17). Jared lived 962 years (Genesis 5:20). Enoch lived 365 years before God took him (Genesis 5:22–24). Lamech lived 777 years (Genesis 5:21). Genesis 9:29 records that Noah lived 950 years. But the oldest man in the Bible, outliving all the rest, is a man named Methuselah, who lived 969 years (Genesis 5:27).

This is not metaphorical, allegorical or symbolic. Is the Bible lying?

*shillantine's sweating intensifies*

Hey Constantine, did you masturbation today?

I'm pretty sure it must be symbolic, because if the actual age of death were considered important, they would have surely have recorded it for David, but we just hear, "He died in a good old age" (1 Chronicles 29:28)

lol, is Jesus rising from the dead symbolic too?

How to into fasting?

don't eat.

Is God walking in the Garden symbolic?

Hebrew/English:

Adam = Man
Seth = Appointed
Enosh = Mortal
Kenan = Sorrow
Mahalalel = The Blessed God
Jared = Shall come down
Enoch = Teaching
Methuselah = His death shall bring
Lamech = The Despairing
Noah = Rest, or comfort.

>Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow; (but) the Blessed God shall come down teaching (that) His death shall bring (the) despairing rest.

FEDORAS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Is Jesus rising from the dead symbolic?

bullshit

btfo

kek

Sikhs and Zoroastrians IIRC

No, it's a firsthand account said within itself to be encountered by skepticism at first.

reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/comments/2u1vgu/a_teacher_at_my_church_is_connecting_dots_between/

>linking to reddit on Veeky Forums
kys

>reddit is bad
What is this, 2012?

How is reddit not bad? They have a built-in system to silence any dissent from the hugbox.

>reddit
What the fuck bro

>They have a built-in system to silence any dissent
We have that too.

You have to go back

u r retard. according to the stories, they didnt build what they built based only on hallucinating, dumbfuck. they actually went outside their homes and talked to ppl

No, Veeky Forums does not.

Buddha reached enlightenment only after he realized asceticism wasnt going to help him and he began eating again. That's the teaching of the middle way. Living in moderation.

>cleansing baths
is that why they smell bad?

Just so everyone knows, this is chain email-tier made up bull shit.

Just look the names up yourself.

This board does in theory, but owing to the mods' apathy with respect to the racism rule, it doesn't feel like it.

They seem more interested in deleting threads containing actual discussion instead of things that aren't topical.

No, he's just a cunt.

Could be referring to the fancy extravagant baths that the rich had at the time, instead of just putting hot water in a barrel and scrubbing yourself

Fasting can induce hallucinations.
Fasting can induce clarity.
Fasting can fatigue.

Also Siddhartha fasted but gave up as that led to him being skin/bones and almost dying without any result.

>the mods' apathy with respect to the racism rule
Sure, you can't simply post GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW and expect it to stay up, but one can in fact discuss holocaust denial, HBD, ariosophy, biological determinism etc. etc. all you want as it doesn't violate any rules.

You do know that in most people's opinion, that is blatant racism?

discussion of those topics is inherently racist?
damn you really are from reddit

What's the point in debating the Holocaust right now? Honestly, idiots will believe what they want to believe. If the testimony of thousands, and proof so overwhelming you could overload a Star Trek computer with the amount of data isn't enough, what more is here to add?