Why is this brand so goddamn expensive?

Why is this brand so goddamn expensive?

A simple black tee costs $150...

Literally what the fuck? What makes them so special? Are they supper-super-high-quality or what? All the white kids at my campus have one of these shirts.

they're printed on gildan, which about the lowest quality you can get

its literally just hype

This.
And ibthink they have fakes because whot the fuck pays 150$ for ugly made in china shirt. But i doesnt matter if they have fakes because fakes can even be better quality than the orginal product.

Buy this and laugh to them

>they're printed on gildan
This myth has been debunked already.

OP, they just offer great quality shirts that'll last you a long time, still overpriced, but it's trendy.

LOL where to cop!

theres a difference in making gildan and charging 35 vs making gildan and charging 250

its a different type of shirt

w2c

I'm saving up to buy this.

literally why

My favorite rapper owns it.

Its literally wal-mart tier shirts with a print on it.

good goys are willing to pay out the nose to own it since its endorsed by their favourite basketball-americans.

>It's 2012+5 still asking this question

I remember back then when I was still lurking places like gamespot forums and I was reading the news paper one day and pulled out the sales. I was looking through a Bestbuy paper and they had a deal where you got a PS3, an TV and a soundbar for what they would call a 'discounted price' it was still isanely expensive. The kicker though, was then they offered geek squad services for $200 buckeroos to come set the shit up.

I scaned that Bestbuy paper, posted in on Gamespot forums and had a discussion. I was actually the one arguing on how that was a rip off when these people could watch something on the internet or just read instructions on how to set the shit up.

But one guy argued against me and changed my view on shit like this forever. He basically said if they're dumb enough to pay $200 for something they can do themselves that's not even that complex then why not make that money?

Around this tile Gamespot was facing backlash for being to censor happy and they were losing users to /v/ and other places that weren't as tight ass. Before then I thought of Gamespot users as a bunch of boy scouts but around this time they were letting up and the users started acted like some pseudo /v/ retards so people started being way more honest.

How does this fit in regards to this shirt? It some retard has enough money to buy some hype brand hyped because a popular rapper fucks with it when it's just a t-shirt probably one notch up on gildan in quality, then why not rip them off? If they'll spend $150 on that they deserve to be ripped off.

The secret any sales person, people up the top know is that just because you have money doesn't mean you're smart. There's a lot of degree carrying idiots and other morons with a lot of money who want nothing more than to put on appearances and seem cool, it's a big market and they merchant is doing nothing illegal.

Like if I was Thrasher right now I'd sell Thrasher shirts and hoodies for $100.

it's still gildan

Why do so many rappers have fucking amazing skinny bodies

vlone is horribly designed, its so lame and I hate that it gets hyped by good artists

This, I'm jealous.

But let's not forget Kanye is fat.

i miss ripped kanye

>good artists
such as?

you all keep asking why is it so expensive and circlejerking this shit but you all know goddamn why its so expensive, its just hype. now stfu

asap rocky

there's a long tradition of this shit.

except "limited edition" shoe culture that started with sb dunks and carried into supreme's business model, which made everyone who starts a streetwear brand go the limited numbers / luxury price avenue.

didn't always be this way. but whatever. streetwear is such a fucking lame treadmill of big logos brand hype. but it's easier than learning how to dress.

Just because something has a name attached to it doesn't mean it's good quality. A tee is a tee, stop bitching about quality when it's a tee. I want you to find a tee where the color doesn't fade and the graphic doesn't crack.

Graphic tees will never be fashionable anyways.

To answer your question: they sell

>ywn cop some fubu or sean john

>saving up

fucking tweenagers really did kill this board

>Graphic tees will never be fashionable
>They sell

One of these is true

>All the white kids at my campus have one of these shirts.

What uni?

Really makes you think

why is every rapper into fashion now?

Its allways been like that.

carti really gonna be the goat as soon as he drop the tape

I dont believe you untill you prove this.
And if its true why the fuck somebody buys them when you can buy real brand items items like a wang or something

In europe trasher hoodies sell for about 90€

wow, shit taste in both music and clothes

why the fuck do you even care about this shite
literal garbage that you shouldnt be wanting to buy anyway

Nice

oooh oooooh

now she want fuck with my crew

>now
t. """real""" hip hop fan

He's like a 2011 Rocky without the swag or anything that made Rocky unique and interesting.

VLONE is a real brand too.

Where are they printed on then

Vlone is some hype shit, people want to be trendy by buying some shitty rappers 500 shirt. who has the picture of the kid bragging of buying a vlone shirt

Its a cucked brand. Fuck lil cuckold

Fuck off, you streetwear cuck.

Shit taste

.they are black so they have alpha genetics. they prolly lift light weights. and not starving like a (((beta)))

Lil uzi is a weird weeb manlet and that has a lot of appeal to people

>Why is this brand so goddamn expensive?

Because it's designer/high end/whatever meme you want to call it.

No clothes are worth the retail let alone resale price.

You think Rick shit is worth what it sells for?

if you use the word cuck at all there's a 100% chance you're not fa

Hahahaha no you faggot. ASAP Bari is a hack and so is all of ASAP MOB

suck my dick you nigger loving retard

haahhahha vlone gildan meme vmeme thug haha gildan thug hahaha

in reality Bari is a literally super villain. any one who directly supports vlone should feel bad about it

this

No cars/furniture/computers are worth retail, but for some reasons people usually not asking sam questions if they can afford it.

When the fuck is this nigger going to release a mixtape already?

stay jealous you're poor you fucking loser :D

Hopefully never because he fucking sucks. He's broke too lmao

>He's broke
how so?

he seems to be always dressed in expensive designer shit

appearances are a very important part of being a rapper

a lot of mid-sized rappers tend to live above their own means. theres a decent chance that carti probably spent most of his money on clothes and shoes and is otherwise broke

because of a hack named A$AP Bari and his other hack friend named Virgil Abloh, that offwhite guy as Raf would say. they claim to make clothes for the youth/the kids/ the culture but in reality they are just trend hopping hacks who are just in it for the money scamming/tricking kids into buying their clothes by getting rappers to wear their clothes.

notice Bari wearing a direct copy of Raf Simons Kollaps hoodie from 2002. and notice off white guy trend hopping with Kanye. off white guy is known to overprice his stuff like his pyrex printed of champion and then charging 300 bones.

they're both hacks and who ever falls for buying anything from offwhiteguy bari is just idiots in it for pure hype...

niggers cant into fashion, its a fact

what they copied...

a shame really. they have no respect

You want a boss or an R&B nigga with a six pack?

man sure is /r/streetwear in here.

He does a lot of underground shows and appearances and he's signed with A$AP, I doubt he's broke.

Literally just buy a fake one, what the fuck is wrong with you? Let the spoiled white kids spend 200+ on resale while you wear the same shit for $20 off aliexpress

And there is nothing wrong with that.

kek, ok man

typical poorfag logic

they're printed on rothco which is just a TINY bit better than gildan. It's still shit.

RAINDROP
DROP TOP

Imma just make a "Vlame" shirt now

is talking about carti not uzi you retard

/r/streetwear ruined this board.

because they know retards will wear them, why else? why does that bother you? just save your money/buy clothes that are worth it/laugh at hypebeast retards on your campus

i want all the niggers to leave :/

Only commenting to say Carti's one of the GOATS rn (behind Thugger)

wagecucks need to save up too, unlike your privileged ass.

stop

>150 dollar tee-shirt
>expensive

this place is fucking trash

Same senpai

He doesn't even have one release.

Off-White, Pyrex, & Been Trill are all fucking brilliant though. I'd instantly be attracted if I saw some cute girl wear this.
3 chains on, 3 chains on, I got 3 chains on, 3 chains on
That song is great.

Lmao

>Off-White, Pyrex, & Been Trill are all fucking brilliant though.
This has to be bait.

holy shit

this looks brilliant w2c

>no fun allowed

End yourselves niggerlovers.

>walmart tier shirt fit and quality wise with a rapnigger print on it
>$150 price tag
something does not add up

Have we bernds popularized the tier meme outside of the kc?

It's just shitty over priced off white. It's not like he sells out anymore so try his site or grailed, but be prepared to pay out the ass

I have a Sean John denim jacket I got as a hand me down

/pol/ needs to leave lol

>All the white kids at my campus have one of these shirts.
sorry no one took your race-bait OP

That makes me mad

A lot of factories involving clothing ship in Gildan boxes, go away Ian Connor shill.

>defending a streetwear company that makes simple t-shirts with no design effort

You can still cop vintage fubu online pretty easily

>implying it takes no effort to create something a shit load of people want, even if those people are borderline autistic