Dr martens thread? w2c these badboys?

dr martens thread? w2c these badboys?

also how´s the quality of their boots? any inspo?

>not rm williams

pic not martens but why would anyone wear their pants over the shoes like this? I don't find it aesthetically pleasing

actually they are wearing dr martens wilde

is amazon a good rep to buy martens from?

the pic i posted.

ah i see, sorry, btw what´s wrong with having the pants over the shoes? mainly asking bc i planned to wear mine in that way

This is how pants were worn before muh cropped pants and joggers fad

I just think it looks bulky and weird desu, maybe it's just tiny model ankles and one size fits all sample shoe shafts

Pretty shit since they've moved their production to China, they definitely won't last you 15 years like they used to, lots of people's sole rips after 2 months, they've also become associated with hipsters and tumblr girls

personally i think it genarally looks good but it looked bad in your picture, it´s a classic and smart way of wearing boots and pants

sounds bad, my gf´s boots has lasted 5 years so far

They do have a Made in England line which are somewhat expensive, I've also read that it's a hit or miss with docs sometimes. My mother and sister had a pair, they couldn't wear them because of how thick and hard the leather is. Just my 2 cents, is to go for Solovair instead, similar styles, which are slightly less chunky (they made docs when they first came out) and are still made in England for the same price as Chinese docs

quality is fine for the price in the modern market
not as great as they were but bad by any stretch
if you really wanna shell out for quality look into solovair

I was thinking of getting DM Made In Englands but knowing they're the same price I think I'm going to spring for Solovairs.

Do let us know what you decide on, and when you get them

Boots general

they went bust this weekend

solovair, i mean

Going out of business?

Source on this? Will there be stock clearance sale?

Doc Martens are fine quality for their price. They are a solid entry level boot. The quality reduction is well publicized--they moved a lot of their operation to Thailand and China. However, there are Docs that are still made in England (most of which are more expensive I think).

These are mine.

seconding request for source

It's on their Facebook page, apparently.

I see nothing on their Facebook page and nothing elsewhere online even hinting at this.

I don't see anything on there.

>if you really wanna shell out for quality look into solovair
>shell out
lmfao
shits cheap af

not in the US mate
1460 docs are like 130 shipped while the equivalent solovair model is around 200

i mean compared to buying good boots thats not much

ah

Solovair didn't go bust, their main seller (UK based) has closed their business after 50 years or something and sold it to someone else aircushionboot.com

Solovair are still making boots

i really think that dms is the quintessential japanese fashion shoe. pic related is the yohji x dm collab for ss17 menswear. anyone with weeb tendencies in fashion should def cop one. theres a lot more to the brand than 1460/1461s

dms with a cdg fit

PRetty meme xd

dm x beams plus womens collab

dms with kka and lad

theres more stuff like this, just view the dm japan instagram page. pretty sad that its most associated with tumblritas here since i think its quite a good shoe. shit quality though

I have the Solovair Chelsea boots. Pretty pleased about them, sizing was the same as Doc Marten 1461s (9=9). However, I'd say the Chelseas are slimmer.

This is totally wrong. I own various pairs of Docs, mostly made by NPS in Northampton from 60s/70s to now - theyre still not that hard to get hold of in charity shops in the UK. They were originally workboots and VERY sloppily constructed, like, all over the place stitching, mis-matched pieces of leather on the same boot etc. By the 80's they had improved but were still far from what youd call a high quality boot. They even varied from pair to pair in the shape/profile; have a pair made in England from I believe the 1990's that are exactly like orthopaedic shoes, then others look the same as the contemporary ones. The build quality of the current MiC/Thai boots is excellent - the only complaint I have about them is the 'leather' is total crap, like its hard to believe it isnt plastic. Mind you they ALWAYS used corrected grain leather and the 'quillon' leather on the Vintage boots isnt much better. Docs are a cool piece of social history in Britain but they were never a 'high quality' boot. BTW i don't think theres a boot in the world that last 15 years with regular use. Those logger boots with 2" vibram rubber soles thats cost $1000 are probably the highest quality (most durable) boots you can buy and they only last a couple of years hard wear.

Same guy, went slightly over the top there, but I actually agree with you. I never had pre 90s docs, but I like your explanation on them

I have had 1461 mono blacks for a few years, and I have no complaints about the quality. I don't take care of them at all either, but they show no real signs of wear and are also very comfortable. They definitely have a place in my wardrobe even though I also own derbies by proper shoe brands like Alden and fashion brands like Dries Van Noten. 10/10 would recommend.

any fitpic? pls

my only real gripe with them is that i find the leather too stiff when you buy it new and it really doesnt feel like leather to the touch. its kind of a minor gripe tho

how´s the leather?

should i pull the trigger?
worn in

looks good from the side
from the top - hell nah

what´s wrong with the top? seems godlike for my wide feet

Love them tho whilst breaking in I got blisters... but most likely cos they r a bit big

also...you aren't wearing socks

It's smoothed leather like docs, and similar boots, but it is not as stiff/takes a long time to break in. It looks like leather as well if you look closely

that´s dr martens mie graeme

Mono or greasy 1460s?

mono

This is pretty damn accurate actually. I have a pair of made in England docs that I picked up new on ebay. I think they date to early 90s, and they definitely seem less well made and sloppily finished compared to my made in chinkistan pair. But yeah, the plastic looking leather on the current ones is the only complaint and they're a damn sight kinder on my feet than the made in Englands.

I cringed when I saw this. You might as well just scrape razor blades up and down the backs of your feet.

Greasy looks and feels better in person than the shiny plastic looking "smooth" range

Do those only have one eyelet? Are they normal 1461s? What size are you?

bought the smooth mono ones a couple of weeks ago. they look way better than any greasy or pebbled doc martens shoe/boot

Hey, what a great post.
My input: i have a black nappa leather pair (Asian made) and the modern English-made oxblood 1490s. the nappa leather on the Asian pair has held up unbelievably well. the "quilon" on the vintage pair eventually cracked, even with regular care. the Asian pair is 7 years old and the English ones are 5. Soles on both have held up just fine, though my Asian pair is pretty much worn down to the nub. gf tells me that the wear on my English ones look amazing. I'm pretty indifferent about it. GF has a cherry red smooth pair (Asia) and the wear looks noticeably crappier

could you show us a picture of both of those pairs?

>(
pics pls senpai

how comfortable are 1460s?
have flat feet and was wondering would i be fucking myself over.

Every person I have seen wearing Dr martens had money issues.

I've never met a stable educated person wearing docs... Including women.

It's kind of a trait of a person barely living paycheck to paycheck

i have a flat foot and it will make your shoes look ugly cos itll reshape into some ugly as fuck mess

Every namefag I ever met was overweight.

I've never met a single namefag who didn't have weight issues.

:(

pics?