NATURE

The best clothing looking clothing and outfits all have one thing in common. Its that they look NATURAL, not forced. Clothing should be worn with nature in mind. You guys should be looking at nature for your color schemes, not look books. Thats the key friends.

Let's have an intelligent discussion about this

it's called /forestdruidcore/ it was also called /wildernesscore/ back in the day

that isn't what i was talking about

yeah it is, faggot

SOMETHING APPEARS GOOD NOT BECAUSE IT IMITATES, OR REFLECTS, THE NATURAL, BUT BECAUSE IT OPTIMALLY ACTUALIZES AN IDEAL.

THE FACT THAT SOMETHING IS "NATURAL" DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENTAIL THAT IT WILL BE AESTHETICALLY PERFECT; AESTHETICS ITSELF IS ROOTED IN THE IDEAL, NOT IN THE NATURAL/PHYSICAL, THEREFORE, TO ACHIEVE AESTHETIC PERFECTION, ONE SHOULD STRIVE TOWARD OPTIMALLY ACTUALIZING AN IDEAL.

NATURE IN ITSELF IS AESTHETICALLY INDIFFERENT; IT IS THE IDEAL WHICH TRANSFORMS THE NATURAL INTO SOMETHING AESTHETICALLY PERFECT.

i could wear this IF IT WASNT THE YEAR 2017

yes

but i'd argue that nature is the base for any ideal

anything ideal is the ideal because its natural to that ideal

go innawoods and you'll look fine. probably best to wear a less long scarf and a better bag though

>>adult
>>not being in the wilderness
>>mfw no peaceful solitude
>>SHUT FUCK UP FAMILY GUY
>>mfw I'll never be a qt in the forrest
>>will never be alone
Nothing better than short shorts and forest green clothing in the forest lads

no it isn't

I will now enter the Wild and die just like the kid from into the wild. Fucking kill me

No, it's not.

Now look at the pictures, try to find something that is not aesthetically perfect and realize that the ideal comes from nature.

this

someone gets it

samefag

Now this is a trend I'd like and that should annihilate all others and rule the earth forever

nope

NO.

THE IDEAL IN ITSELF ENTAILS TRANSCENDENCE OF NATURE'S INERTIA, THEREFORE, ACTUALIZATION OF AN IDEAL NECESSARILY ENTAILS GOING AGAINST NATURAL TENDENCY.

THE IDEAL MOVES UPWARD; THE NATURAL MOVES DOWNWARD; THE IDEAL IS ROOTED NOT IN THE NATURAL, BUT IN THE ETERNAL.

ALSO, YOU SEEM TO BE ERRONEOUSLY REGARDING THE WORD "IDEAL" AS MEANING "PERFECT", OR "OPTIMAL"; "IDEAL" MEANS "RELATING TO AN IDEA, OR TO THE LEVEL OF IDEAS".

YOU ALSO SEEM TO BE ERRONEOUSLY REGARDING THE WORD "NATURAL" AS MEANING "APPROPRIATE", OR "SUITABLE"; "NATURAL" MEANS "RELATING TO NATURE/PHYSIS, OR OF A PHYSICAL ORIGIN".

Dude, go read some Jaan Valsiner.

arguing about definitions is honestly retarded

we both mean the same fucking thing who cares what it's called

>Basing your fits on notional things like this
Whew

ACCURATE TERMINOLOGY, AND KNOWING THE MEANING OF THE WORDS THAT ONE USES, ARE CRITICAL TO DIALECTICAL CONCURRENCE, AND NECESSARY FOR ANY RELEVANT DIALOGUE TO OCCUR AT ALL.

SEMANTIC MISUNDERSTANDINGS, HOWEVER SMALL, MAY LEAD TO GREAT DISCURSIVE MISUNDERSTANDINGS.

ALSO, I AM NOT ARGUING THE MEANING OF THE WORDS; I AM CLARIFYING, AND CORRECTING YOU, TO MINIMIZE SEMANTIC NOISE IN OUR DISCUSSION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE; THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO BECOME DEFENSIVELY HOSTILE.

Which doesn't change the fact that the idea is still based on our perception, the perception of nature.

?

NOT ALL IDEAS ARE DERIVED FROM PERCEPTION OF THE NATURAL.

AESTHETIC PERFECTION IS ACHIEVED BY ADAPTING THE NATURAL TO THE IDEAL, NOT CONVERSELY.

Just go read the author I told you, will give you something useful, truthful and original to spout.

i can't even take you seriously

your all caps and desperate need to show your vocabulary comes off as ridiculous

i can tell the type of person you are it makes me question why you are even on fashion board if you have such a fixed and rigid way of thinking...

i'd love to see you outfits

Take a chill pill, you Autist Arab

"IDEAL" MEANS "RELATING TO AN IDEA, OR TO THE LEVEL OF IDEAS".

ONE OUGHT NOT EMPLOY OUTDATED PHILOSOPHICAL DEFINITIONS APPLIED AMBIGUOUSLY UNTO CULTURAL IMAGEBOARDS TO PERTAIN THE ALLUSION OF INTELLIGENCE AND EXTROSPECTIVE DEPTH.

Not in maths it dont homeboy

KILL YOUR SELF

false, the ideal you are talking about mathematically is phi, the golden ratio, and yes nature approximates this ratio in the form of fibonaccis sequence using fractal self-similarity to maximize efficiency, growing in complexity to resemble phi.

not to mention yes, the seasons themselves and the flora and changes that occur are constantly echoed in fashion. see: spring flowers - pastels, bright punchy summer shit, autumn jewel tones, winter neutrals

go visit nature, it's good for you

If you are talking about colour schemes, than nature is not the only source for that. For example, I have a postcard, a watch from swatch and a Soyuz-Apollo pin that prominently feature the colours red, blue and white. I base an outfit on that. Look books are not entirely useless, as you can see what colour combinations are used.

there was a less pedantic way to make that point, I think

actually I'd agree with him that not all ideas come from how we view nature. For example, the idea of "negation" is a purely human-created concept. There is no "no" found in nature.

it's like every fourth word is completely unnecessary