Watch General

Post Watches you own and want here. You know the drill.

>inb4 any comment about the current year

Other urls found in this thread:

urbanjurgensen.com/legacy/craftsmanship
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for getat best panerai homage

this I guess

>Own: Rolex 16600 Sea-Dweller

>Want: Urban Jürgensen 1140L Platinum

Blancpain moonphase complete calendar

Posting a better picture

sorry lads

also im keen on buying a vintage ulysse nardin 50's diver - will post pictures if i do

>want this one

Don't buy Jaeger. Their watches have become so uninspired. They are now just another mass-production factory churning out boring watches in the thousands.

hmmm I'd maybe agree with you if you're planning to buy a simple dress watch like pictured, then I'd go for vacheron or breguet personally. but in terms of a watch with fantastic quality complications, JLC is undoubtedly the best value for money

Value-for-money is not something I consider when looking at watches in that price category.

Breguet and Vacheron are both being put to shame with regards to craftsmanship when compared to Urban Jürgensen. Take Breguet for example, their guilloche dials are made of gold, and then plated in silver, as gold is soft and cheaper to use for that kind of dial. But this results in a lower-quality guilloche pattern as the grooves are not as sharp and clean. If you want excellence, solid silver is the way to go. But Breguet cheat.

Another example is the moon-phase disc. Vacheron just paint theirs, like most others. Urban Jürgensen thermally blue their discs, and the moons are press-fitted into them by hand, and the stars are made of gold dust which is sprinkled in and then melted.

Nobody in the mainstream watch industry does the kind of work that UJ does. Not Patek, not Vacheron, no Breguet, not Jaeger, not anyone.

urbanjurgensen.com/legacy/craftsmanship

Posting Rangeman Black Panther in a thread.

Perhaps not what YOU look for but the difference between an £8000 watch and a £15000 watch makes a huge difference for most people

If he's looking at JLC, he is most likely wanting to be price-conscious about his purchase, as well he should

Hahaha stop trying to force your purchase on other people. The majority of what makes a watch is what's inside, not how many fairies rubbed their cunts on the dial

hahaha

hey Veeky Forums, stylish /k/ommando here, I've got some nice luxury watches but im looking for a luxury smart watch with a classic style and im looking in the 800 to 1500 range, though i could go higher.

id like to find everthing i want in one watch, but it doesnt seem that you can get good memory battery life and apps in a package that also includes gps/glonass

im thinking about getting 2 watches to compensate for that, but really want opinions, maybe something that im missing.

watches im considering:

garmin fenix chronos with leather band

samsung gear 3

tag hauer connected

thoughts?

god these are so ugly

I have a TT Datejust 36 because everyone from frank ocean to MLK... plus it's chill and reliable and whatever

now i want to get something that really says NOW
so i'm considering a hublot. I think the Aerofusion moonphase looks pretty tempting in 42mm
especially because it isn't as garish as some of the others
i like the AP RO but it's a pretty old design and like everyone i know has one

any suggestions? omega is out the window btw

Is my latest vintage pick up Veeky Forums?
A bargain for just 27€, automatic, made in Germany in the 60s.

It's better to buy watch from company that actualy make watches.

Planning to cop as a first watch, pls don't bully.

Probably going to replace the strap with either a leather NATO or perlon

Just bought this

But I want to go on Youtube and talk about my YAGER LA KOO-TRUH

>luxury smart watch
>luxury smart watch
>luxury smart watch

/k/senpai get a flieger or a field watch or something, you're embarassing us in public

I had a friend who bought one, and complained that the second hand didn't line up with the second markers. Not sure if his was a fluke or not.
As a first watch, you did good. As far as the strap, I'd choose NATO, but that's up to your preference.

edc watch

Noic
I feel like I want one but not really sure if its worth it
Pic is my daily

Consider their other solar chronographs.
SSC015 and the 017 are pretty cool. Unless you just like the look of the 009. Then I would consider the SNA411, mainly because of the screw in crowns and domed crystal. Unless you dont want to replace the battery every 3 years.

i'm cool!

Gotta show love them Seikos.

WAT TO BIG!!!!!
How do you wear them?Seriously,I can't see something effay with watches that big.

How are they too big? None of them are over 40mm case width, are you wearing ladies watches?

The leftmost bracelet is hideous desu.

>versace
>watches

Thats the watch I wear to the club when I wanna fuck a hoodrat or white girl with parental issues. when paired with a pair of fresh white on white AF1's its guaranteed to get your dick wet.

However I wouldn't dress like that around anyone I had any respect for.

Best shitty nylon band watcu6

The gold one is giant,I can't belive that is under 44mm...

so edgy

The camera is playing a perspective trick on you the gold watch is actually standing taller than the others. here it is on wrist, keep in mind I have large wrist so I cant wear anything under 40mm without it looking small.

>taking my statement seriously.
>thinking anyone still wears white AF1's

f u ma nigga

>lying about fucking girls on the internet
>owning 4 ugly watches
>implying anyone else is retarded
>kys

looks nice

definitely this

>arguing with anyone on the internet.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

How about a little watch gore?

I don't think I can even sell this for $40

Back at the Invicta factory
>lets put a clear window on the back of the watch to show off the inner workings
>but sir, even with the window you can't see anything
>too late, we're doing it anyway.

is this cringe ?

>The camera is playing a perspective trick on you the gold watch is actually standing taller than the others
You just suck at making pictures bro

nah that's a pretty dope swatch. neat to have on hand for when it fits perfectly with a fit

>Urban Jürgensen

Never heard of this brand but that's a beautiful piece. It's Swiss but it looks German. It's a lot like some A Lange & Sohne watches

Leather on resin is a nice combo, personally. Modest and slightly ironic (Leather strap is more expensive than the Casio). No way in hell am I wearing that rubber strap.

That does look nice; wish it had a date window, but thats just me.

Casio makes some handsome watches right?

And it doesn't even break your wallet.

Waiting on this in the mail. I seem to keep going back to seiko. Had an skx009, sold it. Then bought a sarb033, sold it. Then bought a Sumo, sold it. Now the blue turtle...

Dude, $25 for a nice looking watch that will work forever, reasonable styling, goes with most clothing styles, and subtle enough that people like it but aren't enamored by it.

I think a few of these $500+ watches look decent, but the value just isn't there for me. I own an expensive watch, and want a Hamilton, but the $25 Casios and $30 Timexes will always see more wear time.

Would this be a good first watch? Saw the brand mentioned in the last thread and I really like the look of this model

What do you guys think of skeleton watches?

Thoughts on this Seiko?
Scp127

I have an EMT class and need a watch to count seconds easily but also not looking like I bought it from the flea market. Any recommendations?

nevermind, I just got this

I'm sure its the same module as my other casio, but how are the resin bands? Do they feel like cheap plastic? Hows the thickness?

Should I cop a SARB033?

not mine, it's a google pic. I just ordered that on amazon right now

What are some good digital watches? I need something silent. Analogs that don't audibly tick are fine too, if there is such a thing.

I think this is absolutely gorgeous. I like minimalism.

But it's too damn big for my manlet wrists.

they look pretty good, and you can find them for dirt cheap. it's either the 4r36 or the 6r15...

great movements. great finish. can't beat it for the price.

This will be nice. Please when you get it, post in another watch thread on fa or g about your impressions of it? finish? how does it wear etc.

Where should I look for buying them cheap? Anything I should know of or be aware of beforehand?

As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters re watches.

I'm not familiar with the brand, but it kind of reminds of Daniel Wellingtons, or Brathwait (both VERY popular in NY and Tokyo right now).

2nd hand on watchrecon

or on watchuseek, go to the affordables section, and subscribe to the "Heads up! I just saw a bargain here!" thread

you'll find one in awesome shape, for a good deal (wherever you are on earth pretty much).

watchuseek also has a lot of Seiko fanboys, and a huge Seiko section. you can get the inside info on shit (like the re-release 62mas at Bazel in March).

thanks a lot man

anytime broski

who /saving for a speedy/ here?

No. Don't buy minimalist dogshit that is totally worthless. You can buy a well made watch for around 200 usd.

And both very dogshit.

I can't help it but Jaeger LeCoultre just has exactly what I want in a watch, so sad it's too expensive for me

That is a genuinely good looking watch

It's a brand dating back to 1773. Supplied marine chronometers to the Danish Royal Navy as well as the Russian Czars. President James Madison had an Urban Jürgensen pocket watch.

It's a beautiful hidden gem of a brand doing much more handmade craft than any other non-independent watchmaker.

much more well known for their pocket watches but an impressive brand nonetheless

Can someone here suggest a watch for me? I have belov average hand size and wrists, and are looking for a smart casual watch in the $150 price range.

Any Citizen or Seiko 5, any casio you like, some of the unisex Timexs are a little smaller but don't have the unisex look to them (expedition, forester, or weekenders), and some of the Tissots can be around $150.

post your date just

racist car watch is best watch.

1. Don't buy any Hublot watch.
2. Don't buy a watch as large as 42 mm.

> Jaeger LeCoultre in rose gold

hnnnng

I just got this. Is it too bad?

I got it for decently cheap and in pretty good condition. Paid 1800 USD for it.
Omega seamaster planet ocean with 2500 caliber

That looks like a Casio MQ24. It's pretty small. You might like its bigger brother, the MW240. (And put a leather strap on it.)

make sure to stick the combi tube up your ass

>1800 USD
Good price for a great watch. I have one with orange numerals.

Am I retarded for wanting an old cheap soviet watch like this? This style just seems more tasteful than a lot of higher quality watches. Any recommendations? Or should I just get this?

Love the face of the right middle Seiko.

Recent formal watch. On a side note my daughter tried it on first and managed to tear the band loop (the one sewn into the band itself) any ideas on how to fix it without buying another 70$ band?
I'll post a second picture

Nah it's pretty cool. Wear it with some gosha an Sputnik. You'll look cool

nigga super glue