Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gKgUE76udK4
youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw
docs.google.com/document/d/1rgX_KSO53DRSafFA9PS5dKFF5yVfuigUm3UF_PbREt0/edit
wimhofmethod.com/uploads/kcfinder/files/biology-now-chapter-22-Wim-Hof.pdf
kommandostore.com/german-bundeswehr-flecktarn-parka/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thrift stores probably

That jacket isnt warm at all. They have a down coat which is more suitable for the ny winter

Meme parka with the liner from Ivan.

Link please

Generate your own inner heat. Wim Hof method is the way. I live in New York and after I started doing this I have not had any heat on in my apartment. Saving major money on that. Also most days I just go out in jeans and hoodies + burn fat like a motherfucker. You use less money for heat, and you burn fat just by being outside, and you are not cold. Bonus points is I'm having a lot more energy, never sick, feeling more alpha and happier. Also it's a nice way to match with bitches on tinder when your photo is of you bathing in a icy river with snow everywhere, chicks see that shit and see that you're a tough alpha guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=gKgUE76udK4

youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw

docs.google.com/document/d/1rgX_KSO53DRSafFA9PS5dKFF5yVfuigUm3UF_PbREt0/edit

What the fuck is this bullshit? This is almost entirely wrong from a medical standpoint. Like pretty much every about the physiology is wrong. Your body doesn't just keep a blood ph of 8, it will work actively to reduce it down to the normal of 7.4 or so. Hell actually getting a blood ph of 8 is dangerously stupid. The amount of brown fat in adults is negligible, you aren't just going to randomly kick in brown fat use with this retarded shit.

This is all fucking retarded.

Thrift a wool overcoat or peacoat

It's scientifically proven.
wimhofmethod.com/uploads/kcfinder/files/biology-now-chapter-22-Wim-Hof.pdf

He has done things that science deemed 'impossible'. This is the cutting edge of science, so your info might not be up to date, friendo. He is hacking the autonomous nervous system. Check the documentary, read the papers. He is doing experiments with Harvard. Educate yourself desu.

Yes, brown fat amount is most adults is negligible, but you can increase the amount through his methods.

Don't start attacking it before you look into it.

>things that science deemed 'impossible'
Science doesn't deem anything.

Serious answer: layers.

You don't need a Moncler coat to be warm, just some comfy undershirt (uniqlo heattech is good for the price), sweater, and any winter coat without holes in it.

buy wool thermals, warm socks and a warm hat boy

New York is rarely colder than VA most of the year.
The only issue is that the housing there easily loses heat due to bad insulation/heat trapping. Shitty windows etc.
When outside you face the wind. You would be find with an extra-warm heattech undershirt+Leggings. Throw on a light jacket, and a scarf to cover up your neck/lower face and you're fine.

It's more about blocking the wind than anything.

Since you posted uniqlo
>get blocktech parka (the shell one)
>get heattech longsleeve and long johns
>get uniqlo fleece jacket
This is entry level technical layering, heattech longsleeve is next to skin, it keeps you warm and moves the moisture away from your skin
The fleece insulates and again moves the moisture away
The shell protects you from wind and rain while simultaneously breathing so excess moisture gets evaporated and you stay dry and warm. Now, I don't actually own any of those but that's how they work in theory at least, the actual breathability of the jacket for example is mystery to me but you can't afford anything better.
And naturally you layer up and down depending on the weather, it's cold you wear them all, it's kinda warm but rainy and/or windy, throw the heattech shirt and parka on, it's dry and kinda warm, wear the heattech and the fleece.

Layers is what keeps you warm even if you do end up buying a big parka.

Make sure your entire body is covered because the "heat escapes through the head" meme is broscience. Any exposure will make you cold so you might want gloves until you adjust. With that in mind, I can recommend wool caps for headwear as they are still decent even if wet, the acrylic stuff is no good even if you get some TURBOHEATTRAP420BLAZEIT POLYBLENDEDDOUBLEACTION hype crap.

You skip long johns? Your legs get cold which means you are cold.
Skip gloves? Hands are cold which means you are cold
If you find a gap in your defense, try to get something to stop it instead of just suffering anytime you go outside. Don't spend too much.

wool.

people from california generally only own cotton socks and always complain about how cold their feet are. get some wool socks first.

this pic will always make me laugh

OP, realize that most people on this board are 14yo hypebeasts.

This. Milsurp is the best bang for your buck when it comes to performance. Fleck parka can look pretty effay too if you wear it right.

>New york
>Cold

please explain yourself amerilards

lol ur fuckin dum

Aye NY/VA fag here
He's right. Any shell jacket with some decent layering, wool socks, underwear, and cap will get you through all but the harshest days

it's cold and windy in nyc and you actually have to walk places. nobody cares if you live in the tundra if you are only ever outside for your walk from your house to your car.

Colder states have cheaper coats than hotter states.
You can get one that'll survive you for a few years at any thrift store

its not even fucking funny every winter New Yorkers all wear the same Canadian Goose jackets

link? is it some russian milsurp parka?

kommandostore.com/german-bundeswehr-flecktarn-parka/

People recommend the pre 2005 for dying as it has more cotton. Personally dylon has been shit for me, I would recommend 2x iDye Poly and 2x regular iDye even though I only did 2x iDye Poly. But try both and see what works.

thanks, do I get one of those for free if I enlist at the Bundeswehr?
I'm German

buy a new beret

I guess. But its the shitty version with more polyester.

Some places in upstate can be chilly and icey. I assumed OP meant NYC though. Nyc? Why would you ever wear anything heavy that you can't take off. You more than likely are gonna subway which is hotter than florida in summer during winters.

OP here, thanks for the answers

Might be moving to NYC, might be moving to Ithaca. How do they survive in upstate NY?

pffftrtw

sure, but if you just want a parka then buy the fucking parka
don't join the military for a $20 jacket

You'd want a heavy down or gortex coated coat. Heavy boats. Wool socks and sweaters. Layers, nigga. Multiple socks if it dips below zero. Same with gloves. Scarfs for face covering. Always have a hat on.

>

you gon learn the difference between dressing for warmth vs fashion the hard way

kill yourself for real

Retailers are bringing in/fixing to bring in spring stock so winter shit is gonna be on sale. Also, thrift like others have said, or milsurp. Copped a sweet-ass parka, but that was more like 150 'cause it was so sweet-ass, but still.

>"heat escapes through the head" meme is broscience
retard

you lose heat through your head and feet because of blood, surface area, and distance from warmth, not complicated

keeping everything warm is good obviously, but head and toes is where you lose the most the easiest

I dunno about you faggots but I have a job. I'm not gonna wake up and spend an hour breathing heavily just to find out that I fell for a meme

it hasnt been that cold here this winter. Get scarves that look nice if you like the look, get beanies if you like them or look good in them since that shit is in, and get a parka that reaches mid thigh. You dont need gloves unless you're going to have both of your hands out often when you're outside. Otherwise just keep your hands in your jacket's pockets, you'll look better.

Thanks for restating that you have to cover your hands and feet as well like I originally said. Really good contribution to the thread.