Pic related: cop or not ?

Other urls found in this thread:

headhunterla.bigcartel.com/products
unidentified-us.com/store/p9/Terror_Tee.html
youtube.com/watch?v=oww7oB9rjgw
shop.past-lives.net/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gainax
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Graphic tees must be either black or white.

bumping with the classics

Copped the white one a while ago. Still really like them both

Another favorite of mine

from last thread

unfortunately don't have link, i think its like couppe.com or something
omxn.bigcartel.com
get-some-sleep.myshopify.com

w2c

I like other colors. They're mostly heather or something though, not a solid color.

The pink variant is better I might snag a silver one.

cream is the best one brah

Tbh the white on black one is the most lit but it sold out

this desu senpai

What's your IG? I'm snagging rn.

lol didnt mean to post the full fit only the second one with the tee tucked in so I deleted but fuck it. Dont have a IG but the tee is mad nice.

w2c

What are you wearing besides the sleep shirt?

red long sleeve is thrifted
jeans are topman stretch skinny black
shoes are converse 70s leather/suede hi/egret

Anyone have some more subtle simplistic designs?

stromoctober has some cool stuff

W2c?

Hot topic

Hot Topic

Does anybody have it PayPal ready

band merch is cringe

In a trash can

w2c?

Legendary Mishka tee

oh fuck, i need a link for this

What's your height and weight? Also what size did you get?

Sorry lads but they no longer make them. It was a Mishka though.

I'm stealing this whole outfit

The black is sold out :(
It's pretty hard to tell how the colours look from the site compared to irl 2bh. What colour are you wearing ?

Wondering whether to get cream or pink or silver. Leaning more to pink or whatever is closest to white.

6'1" 138 pounds. Got a large because that's what people recommended(to go a size up) but it fit kinda of big IMO. It was way too long and I'm pretty tall. Maybe when I wash it will shrink which is why they said that. So if that bothers you I would go TTS
My camera is shitty but it's the cream one

I'm 6'4" I normally wear large so I may just go with that idk. My marblesoda one is large and fits fine.

I may just risk it

Also fair enough. Is it white irl. I'm and btw. not

Imo I have a cream one and I feel his camera does it no justice it looks more like new silver is closest to white

Is it whiter irl btw or legit more cream/offwhite.

Accidentally answered the wrong sentence. I'm and

Definitely a cream my pic doesn't do it justice

that last post was a mess, idk what i was doing. But thanks. I might just go for pink or the grey then. Gotta figure out whats more versatile or summin.

ty

where can i buy thrift shirts online

i uh made this

Goodwill has online auctions.

w2c?

Thank you!

UC makes the best graphic tees

Does anyone have this? What's it like?

kinda want to cop this ,thoughts ?

forgot to mention am commencing dump

im out

Where can I get these?

Do it that's fucking mf doom why would you not

headhunter tee is sold out unfortunately I've been looking everywhere for resellers

headhunterla.bigcartel.com/products

you can get the other one here unidentified-us.com/store/p9/Terror_Tee.html

lol this looks so shit. i dont like tees like this they're way too big on graphics for their own good

Thank you. Does anyone know what happened to Illegalarmsdealer? Their website went offline without any notice or comment.

most versatile colour graphic shirt? thinking of getting those weeb ones

bump

my favourite shirt was this one, actually a band shirt from fever ray. it broke my heart when it was too worn to wear it anymore.

This trend of ripping off art and putting it on a shirt and calling it your own is pretty scumbaggy. If you actually like Dragonball or Eva, it's not hard to find properly licensed apparel. I wouldn't mind if this was made for personal wear, but to make money off of other people's work is shitty.

I'm especially tired of seeing bootlegged Akira shirts with edgy random kanji/katakana thrown in for maximum a e s t h e t i c memery. It's corny as hell and makes you look like a poser.

it's shit

Most licensed merch looks like crap

Not really. Cospa makes some very decent designs for a bunch of different series. Radio Eva not only has good shirts, but just nice clothes all-around. A legit Akira shirt would be just as fine as a ripoff, it just wouldn't have the unnecessary edgy Japanese text thrown in. Cheap merch you would get from most US retailers look like shit, but if you look for them from Japanese sources some are great (e.g., Uniqlo x Shounen Jump Anniversary collab). Most importantly, if you actually like something, it makes sense that you would want your money to go to the creators, not a rando online who steals art for a quick buck. Shit like animetrashswag is cancer since not a single cent goes to the original creators.

I question the integrity of any "fan" who likes something, but only insofar as the merch "looks good" on them. The same can be said for bootleg band shirts and Thrasher sweaters. At that point you're not a fan, you're just a tourist and the people making that shit are parasites.

My money goes to the creators when I watch crunchyroll and when I buy the manga
And some people use art from anime and make designs with them, those people are fans too

GOAT

But Is still right. Most licensed shit is horrible and buying them would cost more than buying a nice a single piece from some bigcartel

You sound pretentious as fuck. You don't have to financially support the author/person to be a fan of them. Let people buy what they want

Also this.

>some people use art from anime and make designs with them, those people are fans too
That would be fine if they weren't trying to make money off of it. Or hell, even if they made fanart and put it on a shirt it would be a little better because you're supporting that particular artist, but we're talking about people just photoshopping manga panels or anime vectors and calling it their own. If official merch didn't exist it would be justified, but the problem is that official merch DOES exist and in copious amounts for most of the series being ripped off (Eva? Seriously?).

>Most licensed shit is horrible and buying them would cost more than buying a nice a single piece from some bigcartel
No, not really. It just means you aren't looking hard enough. And if you were trying to support artists and creators, what's a few more dollars?

>You sound pretentious as fuck
Call me what you want. I don't like people being disingenuous. I wouldn't care if it wasn't something I really loved.

>You don't have to financially support the author/person to be a fan of them.
Of course not. But if you have the money and want to show your support by buying merch, but give a rando your money, how does that make any sense? That could've gone to the creators.

Let's be honest here, it boils down to people who don't actually care that much about it and simply want to buy identification with a particular subculture. It's like the basic bitch who bought the Joy Division shirt from Forever21 because it "looks cool" only worse because you're knowingly going out of your way to buy unlicensed goods.

If the official shit was really so horrible, how about forgoing apparel altogether and redirecting that in some other form of support? Of course not, you need to show everyone that you "love" anime, but only to the degree that it facilitates this masturbatory exercise in subculture signification.

>Let people buy what they want
I'm not stopping anyone. It's just really lame.

>not looking hard enough
Discarded. That isn't true, more so most of the series/mucisians I like either don't have official merchandise (mainly mango and animu) or don't produce them anymore/not available anymore.

Buying manga is another story, but purchasing something non existent doesn't make sense.

If there were good merch for the creators I liked that actually EXISTED because the merch themselves don't, then I'd be more than happy to buy em.

I mean I know it's shitty but I'd rather print off shit for personal wear but no local printers and no clue of good printing sites.

Okay, well I can empathize with liking something but having no merch for it, but most of the stuff being printed for these small bedroom brands is popular shit like Eva, Pokemon, Akira, etc etc. In the event that there's no official merch I can buy I just don't even bother. In the end you don't NEED a shirt of that thing you like and I would sooner forgo a shirt by someone trying to cash in than support that--it's a matter of principle for me.

Considering how there are brands that regularly collaborate with artists and animation studios (Galaxxxy comes to mind), there's no shortage of really nice looking shirts. Gainax in particular has their own line of apparel designs under General Products. The solution, then, is to find stuff that IS available. If it's old stuff you're looking for, I recommend checking Mandarake. Lots of older, obscure merch pops up there. I've gotten a couple nice shirts from there. Anime cons will also often have companies selling shirts (often with Bluray sets) and sometimes you can get those online.

And then for the last thing, if it really isn't out there I've done iron-on stuff in the past and if it's white shirts it's not bad. After a few washes the print sets in and you get a nice "vintage" feel. I'm also lucky enough to have friends who work at a shirt-printing company so they can print one-off designs.

I know I sound like an asshole or something, but it's just this line of thinking that I can't agree with. That someone would knowingly buy something to "support" a hobby when it doesn't really go towards that hobby at all. Because I know artists who have gotten their art stolen, I've come to really loathe that kind of parasitic behavior.

You sound like a corporate shill let people buy underground

The ass was fat

>get-some-sleep.myshopify.com
w2c

you're giving "underground" or alternative art scenes a bad name when you invoke them to support buying ripped-off art.

taking someone else's work and just copy-pasting it onto a shirt to sell for profit is the actual pinnacle of corporate capitalist dickmoves.

be original. originality is the hallmark of the underground art scene.

The underground scene has always been about ripped art the greatest example I could give you would be Shepard Fairey using Andre the giant for his obey propaganda it was literally ripped from a newspaper article about Andre the giant. Andre the giant is already an established celebrity and chances are people glanced at that newspaper article and thought nothing of it,to some lesser extent Yamato is doing the same thing with that eva rip. I have seen all the movies and the tv series as well as reading the manga and the still he has taken is so small and insignificant I honestly wouldn't even remember where to look to find it. Sleep essentially turned an overlooked still into something that a lot of people want and I think that's awesome I will continue to support him with my money.

watch this, it's called "steal like an artist"

youtube.com/watch?v=oww7oB9rjgw

>calling it your own
I don't think these bigcartel guys are claiming they invented fucking Dragon Ball.

I don't know if you're being purposefully dense or what but you should know that the point doesn't necessarily carry itself literally. Say I copied the SLEEP dragon ball design and printed it on my own shirts and sold them, maybe changed the text to my own "brand." Pretty sure the SLEEP guy would have a problem with that. In fact, that one stupid brand with that jacket with the Junji Ito print all over the back complained that Chinese people were ripping off their design when they themselves literally just ripped off Junji Ito's art. So actually some of these people ARE claiming "original content do not steal" when it's very clearly appropriated art with minimal changes.

It's not like they're remixers or something who are making something new out of something old, they literally just take art that doesn't belong to them, put it on a shirt, and then sell it. If Chinamen did it, you'd call it what it is, bootlegging. But because it has some dumb "brand" associated with it, it's underground? You're being intellectually dishonest by comparing it to Fairey's work who has created tons of original designs. There also aren't official Andre the Giant shirts out there like there are entire lines of Eva-themed clothing.

people buy those SLEEP shirts because they like the specific design
i don't think there are official shirts with those exact designs

So that makes it okay? Again, there aren't official designs like those silly Chinatown bootlegs with the Pokemon Spiderman Naruto shirts, so it's okay to buy those if you "like the design"? Or how about when randos steal someones fanart and put that on shirts and sell them? Where do you draw the line? There are artists/musicians that I love who incorporate themes and artwork from various media but in such a way that I feel is justified, like in a "fair use" kind of way. I don't mind "remixing" or finding inspiration/influence from this stuff, but I do have a problem when it's simply a lazy reference and just a quickly photoshopped manga panel with a brand logo.

Why not buy a shirt with an official design that you might like but might not necessarily be that particular design. If you prioritize the aesthetic of the merch over where the money goes, I have to question how much you actually like the thing to begin with. That just makes you a tourist.

Despite what you think it is transformative art to some extent that frame wasn't being used for idk something like 25 years since the manga came out? And sleep was able to use it because it fits their entire aesethetic. If it was a cash grab wouldn't it have been easier to just use the most generic google image result of evangelion and put that on a shirt, there was clearly thought put into this shirt.

Why are you getting so butt-flustered over fan-made t-shirts? I'm sure Gainax makes enough money from merchandise already.

Has anyone ever copped anything from this place?

It's Factoria clothing from Brazil for anyone that wants to know.

>undercover makes the best clothes in general

there, i fixed it for you

this brand is pretty cool imo, fit god theo has a good fit with it on his ig.

shop.past-lives.net/ if anyone's interested

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gainax

>Evangelion has reportedly grossed over 150 billion yen, or approximately 1.2 billion USD.[3] In a discussion at the 2006 Tekkoshocon, Matt Greenfield claimed Evangelion had grossed over 2 billion USD.

RIPS ARE HURTING GAINAX SLEEP NEEDS TO STOP WERE GOING TO PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS

No it could still be a cash grab if he's targeting people who revel in "obscurity." It's like those stupid "powerlevel hiding" shirts. And no, there's not much thought put into it. The Dragon Ball shirt is just a weak ass simple reference to one of the most popular franchises around. Just like that Junji Ito windbreaker that has one of the most iconic images by him on the back, perfect for the "cool" edgy weeb to say "hey, I know and like this thing please think I'm interesting" without actually supporting Junji Ito in any meaningful way.

It's just the principle of it dude and it speaks to a recent trend of people cashing in on other people's work. It's a little different from a guy just making his own shirts for his own personal wear. Money complicates things. If he made some crazy Eva-inspired shirt, I would be for it, but he just took some manga panel and slapped SLEEP on it and called it a day. It's hardly even a "fanmade" shirt, because he insisted on placing his brand on there; it's not an Eva shirt, it's a SLEEP shirt. Pay attention to the symbolic implications of these things. Sure Gainax can take the hit, but what about shit that rips lesser known artists? Again, where do you draw the line?

So you support things like bootleg DVDs and shit? The way you're rationalizing this is silly. What is implied when you wear a shirt that says "I like this thing, but not enough to give the original creators my money"? It's lame as hell.

It kind of feels like you have a personal vendetta against them?

This supreme release was just a rip from taxi driver with their logo slapped on it. desu if you have such strong feelings maybe you should start your own thing and teach people a thing or two?

Other user

Your post is irrelevant to the question at hand and is borderline a logical fallacy.

>this is a casual shirt