Boots General

Last one died, rip. What's your opinion on stitched/steel toe boots?

Other urls found in this thread:

steinadler.com/de/shop/product/STGL3851/1001/steinkogler-feldschuhe-leicht
feetlot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks shitty

What are some other boots with this design? i.e. minimal extras - maybe a zipper on the side or back - and a flat crepe/wedge sole. The ones pictured are Damir Doma. I know Rick has some like this as well.

Any ones around $200 or less?

what are these boots called, it was in the last thread

I think I remember someone saying they were paratrooper boots, but that's too vague

Cop or not?

Looks using these boots?

Fliegerstiefel, Helmut Langs combat boots were like this.

They look like ll beans, whatever mate.

cool thanks

unfortunately it's just "Pilot boots" so still vague but I guess that's milsurp for ya

what the FUCK are those

dnc, get the regular Bean boots.

German Army Pilot boots for helicopter pilots.

I don't really like this. The zipper with double laces is really, really busy. Still, I appreciate their uniqueness.

Personally, my favorite milsurp combat boots are the Vietnam-era Ro-search ones.

What are some nice chelseas that arent CPs or Saint Lauren?

Fair point on being busy, then again, they offer a lot of adjustability for the fitting, depending on whether you tuck or blouse your pants (adjust the laces).
Otherwise, the zipper is a nicely fast and comfy way to get in and out of them.

Julius Combat boots are also modelled after them.

Bottega, Churchs Beijing

duck boots are god tier when they're broken in / distressed

Thanks man!

Anyone know where I can find a pair of boots like pic related? I love mine but god damn, time has thoroughly fucked them up.

these look ugly imo

The damn 32$ shipping is putting me off getting the Austrian boots from kommando and he seems like the only reliable seller. Anyone know any places that ship to/are based in London I can get them from?

welcome to Veeky Forums!

Anybody knows where you can buy them? Except for ebay (none of my local milsurp stores sell them)

this, Shipping is a pain in the ass especially where I'm from.
And finding good boots in malls is hard since there are only a few good boot brands here

ann d and guidi

wanna buy them new?
i mean they're austrian boots... why not buy them here before you leave the EU?

If you're not put off by the price of a new pair you can find them e.g. here:

steinadler.com/de/shop/product/STGL3851/1001/steinkogler-feldschuhe-leicht

there are a few manufactors in austria which make them for the austrian army, Steinkogler is one of the best

Idk boot brands that come in my size besides the ones on mr Porter which are too pricy for me.

I'll check em out. Hopefully they have my size. I would have bought from eBay until I found out the seller is shitty

these are hideous

how much is the shipping cost to Britain? shipping to my country is around $40

$32

>around $200 or less

Cheap fag here
Veeky Forums thoughts on Golden Fox?
Old thread died before I got any answers

Does anyone know how durable these boots are? I feel like they are going to fall apart after a few wears

vile

Hey, they're still valid suggestions. I can always search grailed as well (though I doubt anyone would be reselling Guidi or Ann D. for less than $200).

I really like them, my everyday boots are 10i black DM industrials and my favourite boots atm are a pair of 11i oxblood stitched steels

They look like pic related

god why

thinking of getting these. Do they run true to size or should I order a size smaller

What are some good chelsea boots under 150 yuros?

Eh.. You can get someone to proxy it for you, but shipping from Germany to non-eu is about 40 usd, cause the boots are slightly too heavy for the 20 usd shipping option.

BUT - if they happen to be on sale, they're like 40 eur new, which puts them at roughly 100 usd with shipping, which still below the rrp of 150 usd new.

Pre-owned pilot boots go for roughly 40 eur, too, btw.

Opinions, got these as a gift.

why would you be concerned about them falling apart?

There are also firefighter station boots, they looks like they have the same design, is there anything different about them compared to pilot ones?

they look like solid boots, are they super light and shitty? or do they have some weight to them?

same construction, but

>better than Pilot boots:
+ vibram sole
+ leather strap for holding the zipper in place

>worse than Pilot boots:
- extra bulk on toe box (maybe steel cap?). Good for safety, but ruins the silhouette
- lots of stitched pieces on the back part, adds to ugliness

I'm going to go for a full out 7 day hike in Iceland in the summer, anybody know what sort of boots would suit the climate and terrain? I have some in mind, but maybe someone knows better

dont ask here.... go to /out/ or ask at REI or something

i cant imagine a worse fate than hiking in shitty meme fashion boots. imo look at danner or merrel for trail runners

Thanks, wasn't sure of where to ask. Can't imagine someone sane hiking in fashion boots

hey woah hold up, we are in the process of discussing the austrian surplus boots up there, you can stay user

I'll still pay attention to the thread. Personally don't have them, but was deciding between Austrian ones and the pilot boots. I like the convenience/comfort of the pilot boots, but the Austrian ones just look nicer and are more versatile I'd guess

Guys... you do know that the austrian boots that are discussed here are more or less the office boot of the austrian army, don't you?

They are in no way bad boots, but are worn while doing mostly everyday service.
if we had to go on marches and other outdoor activities we had other boots,
if you care to know google "Bundesheer Feldschuhe schwer",
as the "Feldschuhe leicht" ar not padded, the shoe tongue (is that the right term?) doesn't go up the whole boot and so on.

Yep, knowing army training, these would get completely destroyed in a day

well, there's always a trade-off between utility and aesthetics when it comes to milsurp.

The everyday average joe will do just fine with the light boots, while still looking presentable, same with the German heli pilot boots, that are by no means outdoor boots.

Rosearch is fucking goat, I got a pair of these from 69 for 10 bucks at the thrift, wear them almost everyday. Comfortable and near indestructible.

True that and i like them alot myself.
Just wanted to say something before anyone thinks he can do heavy outdoor activities in them

agreed. Why would anyone try and look fashionable while doing outdoor stuff anyways. You're not doing it for show to impress others (in general) after all.

You don't happen to know whether milsurp boots can be resoled? I'm kinda debating whether to replace the wedge sole on my pilot boots with some vibram

what boots will look good with pic related?
thinking black leather. any suggestions?

oxblood or black. Maybe olive

a chelsea boot

I have pic related. What sort of oil should I use to moisturize the wooden sole? How often should I apply it?

>Anyone know any places that ship to/are based in London I can get them from?
Check your local milsurp, you'd be surprised what you can find.

Check out Altama

What are some alternatives to Niggerlands? Something I can walk into a store for, Viberg's are a bit into the future for me

>putting your filthy boots on a stack of books

Rootless cosmopolitan

>Rick reverse leather ankle creepers
>clarks desert Mali

I googled your terms and I see what you're talking about. Are you telling me I cannot effective operate in the paraboots?

Pretty heavy as far as boots go.

Alright boys I bit the meme boot bullet. How do I wear austrian paratrooper boots

is there no hope in finding a pair of combat boots with a slim toebox?
ive bought danner GTX, nike sfb, palladium baggy leather and austrian paratrooper and they've all had really wide and square toe boxes. i think the slimmer ones were either the paratrooper or palladium, but is that as slim as they get?

ALL HIDEOUSES HERE

HOLD UP

Idk if theres any local ones. I'll probably explore tomorrow

Please explain, what makes them bad so I know what to look for in boots

black nubuck timbs > docs

fight me skinhead faggots.

Checked out Altama, they seem like some genuinine high quslity military boots, I like them, but I feel like they might be slightly over the top for my average outdoor activities (Hiking/trekking, fishing)

> genuinine
butchered that. genuine*

I wanna order online but I'm afraid that it might not fit me and sending back would be a pain in the ass because of international shipping.
What are Veeky Forums experience with ordering online?

try in store first, then order online.

If you can, definitely try in store first. Or, if you're rich, order 2 pairs, return the one that doesn't fit.

Only if you're walking in mud, lots of rain frequently?

Just look up clarks desert boots and go from there, no use lowering the bar of this thread so low.

Plz do not bother.

Yeah, they ignored that part, because it's not really a thing.

Shape is atrocious, hard to judge actual quality due to the photo quality though.

They should be provided they're welter and not just glued.

Pretty much dude, you might be able to find a "combat boot" from Rick or SLP that has a slim profile, but generally the functionality-prioritized boots are gonna have wider toe areas for balance and traction.

I live in the fucking Philippines
finding stores is hard, there's only one store carrying Red wings and some carrying Doc Martens, that's about it.
trying in store is hard, I like Thorogoods and danners but can't find any stores carrying them

I wear slim jeans

I have 8 eye docs

am I supposed to tuck the jeans in the boots?

First off let me say that there's zero guarantee here but it did work for me when I was ordering Red Wings - visit feetlot.com/
- what you do there is search for a shoe model that you already have and fits well, then see how it compares against model you don't have in size.

>be slightly over the top for my average outdoor activities (Hiking/trekking
You call it hiking/trekking, the military calls it rucking. Wouldn't know about fishing tho. The price-quality is good. Though if you think they're too much, don't get 'em

Not Philippines, but I know this fucking feel. This e-commerce thing is starting to burn my ass

Yes, blouse your pants

w2c those in europe, I cant find a single onlineshop, that sells them

*onlineshop based in europe

Milsurp, you dumb fuck

shipping costs $43 not including tax

I'll kerp them in my choices

I wouldn't tuck pants into any boots unless it's army boots, black, and/or +8 eyelets

i have the chukka boots and i always get compliments, they look like trash when not broken in though so beware.

I know its fucking milsurp, that doesnt mean that it magically has to be sold by a dealer in my country or in europe. I already googled it and checked my regular surplus onlineshops. Cant find the boots, only the version with the heavy sole

found them on ebay UK

I'm thinking of copping some Palladium desert boots once I get back into work and have a decent stream of income.
I like them in grey but they're so expensive, would the magenta and black ones go well with black jeans/darkwash?

don't wear them with rice farmer pants

I bought a pair of Coke haan chukkas a few weeks back and people keep mistaking them for dress shoes. It's pretty fucking annoying because I was just going for a casual looking pair of boots.

What do. Excuse my autistic lace tying

Beat them up

What the fuck to do with baggy leather palladium boots when rolled down?

Palladiums