Veeky Forums approved films threads. Both documentary and feature. Share your thoughts about suggestions

Veeky Forums approved films threads. Both documentary and feature. Share your thoughts about suggestions.

>pic related

Braveheart! Until Braveheart I didn't knew Scottisch people existed

Pearl harbor

A movie about the campaign in favour of the "no" that ended the chilean regime of general Pinochet.

It focusses in the TV advertising campaign, so its not a full study of the history, but its a very interesting movie anyway.
And a entertaining one.

my nigga

A movie about Michael Collins from right after the Easter Rising, through the Anglo-Irish War and ending with Michael Collin's death during the Irish Civil War

Michael Collins is still a fucking sellout and a traitor and Eamon De Valera isn't as bad as he was portrayed in this movie but its still a great movie worth watching

>Michael Collins is a fucking sellout
Mick did the best he could, which is saying something since he shouldn't have been negotiating the treaty to begin with.

Fucking Dev ruining everything yet again.

>Michael Collins is still a fucking sellout and a traitor and Eamon De Valera isn't as bad as he was portrayed in this movie but its still a great movie worth watching
feel free to kill yourself any time, you FF scum

no need to turn this thread into shitposting warfare, please. Post movies instead.

Bridge Over the River Kwai (about WWII Jap prison camp) is by the same director and also very good.

The film follows the grundge between two Basque families, from the last Carlist War till the Civil one.

Enjoy paying for water.

A better film on the Anglo-Irish War and the Irish Civil War is The Wind That Shakes the Barley.

Absolutely and sometimes unequivocally inaccurate about the causes of the Civil War and many other parts in Cromwell's life, but the acting is based and makes it well worth a watch if you can remove yourself out from being pedantic about details or if you know nothing of English 17th Century history.

+Epic soundtrack and introduction.

Forgot image

About two children in Japan during WW2. Made me cry.

m-muh nigga

Ive seen this once and Ill never watch it again

its a good one, but i can only handle it about once every leap year.

I'm pretty sure it's technically not historical, like most Kurosawa films. But I think it's still Veeky Forums related.

This one too, also by Kurosawa but not about samurais. It's set in the last days of the russian empire in the russian Far East, and it's about the friendship between the captain of a russian expedition and a tungusic hunter.

Sounds great. I'm spanish and I never heard of it before.

Its one of the works of Julio Médem ("Lucia y el sexo", "La pelota vasca: La piel contra la piedra").

It's quite awesome. Based on a true story too.

Any good pirate movies that aren't by disney?

Det sjunde inseglet

More of a study on cinematography, rather than historical.
Still an amazing, 10/10 movie though

You are right, they all betrayed the UK.

lol me too and I'm Scottish, turned me into a scotaboo for awhile

The Big Parade is one I heavily enjoy. It's about a spoiled, rich kid who goes to serve in WWI and fights in the trenches and suffers casualities alongside his friends. Kind of accurate as it was made only a few years after the First World War and the soldiers used in the film were an actual regiment of soldiers from Los Angeles, California.
Pirates of Penzance maybe. I hate how they used synthesizer in the film instead of orchestration though.

/thread

The comfy I get watching this is on par to chungking express

Aguirre, the Wrath of God

Do I need to understand Turkish to watch this or is it available with subtitles somewhere?

Andrei Rublev. It's fucking great and in my opinion one of those movies that will never age.

It's the biography of Andrei Rublev, a monk painter of orthodox icons in medieval Russia. It succesfully shows the cruelty, violence and turbulence of the times in Russia.

I think there's the whole movie in youtube and dailymotion.

this, this guy gets it

I don't really know about this one's accuracy, but it stars Peter O'Toole too

Is "come and see" a good movie? I've been thinking about watching it even though I am a closet /pol/ack

Gospel According to St. Matthew?

>closet /pol/ack
How can you be in the closet about it?
You either are cancer, or you aren't.

It's 9 fucking hours long, but it's quite a story with a lot of impact.

> watch tarkovsky on youtube

watch it in theatres or not at all

what a disgrace

The silent cancer kills the most

>a theater showing a Russian movie from 1970
Please tell me where they do this.