---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpAXT67GhNY
fragrantica.com/perfume/Christian-Dior/Dior-Homme-Sport-2017-42974.html
fragrantica.com/notes/Vetiver-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

At what point is there a discernible judgement in quality as far as scent is concerned? Will the average person know the difference between something that costs $10 and something that costs $100? As long as they perceive it to smell good?

I don't make a lot of money, and I can't really justify spending $60+ on small bottles of cologne (poorfag here).

You can get really good colognes for cheap prices dude. There's honestly not really a strong correlation between price and how nice a fragrance is gonna smell to people around you

Vid related m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpAXT67GhNY

as others said there are plenty of cheap fragrances that smell great
the only thing I've noticed is that as fragrances get cheaper they tend to have worse performance (not always true though)
but the main issue is that cheap fragrances are usually much more popular and so you won't smell as unique which is a big problem for me personally
examples of this include next code red, CK ONE, paco rabbane invictus, and BOSS bottled
all good smelling and mostly cheap but all very overworn in my area

Is Midnight in Paris EDP too similar DHI?
Would it be redundant if I already have DHI?

I have both, they're not similar. They're both more on the feminine side but that's it.

I'm looking to pick up an Amouage, I've tried a few samples and the house produces some very interesting scents, very different from anything I have. Need a recommendation.

I have Creed MI and Royal Water, two of my favorite scents. I also like spicy scents like Spicebomb, as well as rose notes and resinous notes. I like sweeter scents, ones that are more complex and luxurious. I don't tend to love leather-type notes.

I am a 34 year old dude, if that helps. I am fairly well off and I kind of like to project that, but not in an overly garish, tacky way, y'know what I mean? I want people to think "oh, this dude must be doing ok for himself" not "this guy is an asshole who is trying way too hard to show off his wealth".

Not similar at all. MiP is similar to Bulgari Black and 360ยบ Black fM.

Curious, why are you set on one particular house? Check out Homage if you can find it.

reflection imo

is right, reflection man is amazingly versatile and is very interesting if you've never had pegasus or another one of those powdery, sweet, white floral scents

wew lads, ready to smell like heady slimaney

Opinions on Burberry Brit Rhythm? Just got a 2ml.

Also can someone explain the whole spraying on wrist -> rubbing wrists -> rubbing on neck? Doesn't that mean that like half or more of the perfume is going to stay on my wrists? Or is that a good thing, having perfume project from your wrists when you move them around?

my opinion is that you should try it out and see if you like it for yourself

anyone know of anything good with a prominent menthol note?

if a cock did tehn a cock does

I'm looking for something that smells like aids ridden cock, any pointers?

sold it after using about 5ml, get intense version.

My Black Aoud by Montale sample became yellow and it smells kinda weird unless I forgot what it actually smells like ... Can microorganisms grow in there???

Does Aventus have a similar 'vibe' to sauvage?

They produce some very unique and interesting scents. I like the resinous, incense-y notes many of their scents have. It's something different.

Homage looks interesting, but seems difficult to find. Might not be so easy to get.

Reflection seems like it might be a little too fresh and white floral-my for me. If I'm going with an Amouage, I kind of want something a little more exotic smelling. Doesn't need to be something I can wear for any occasion, I have that fairly well covered with Royal Water already.

Ordered D&G the one EdP and 30ml of Monblanc individuel for my first "real" frags. Tell me I did well pls my self esteem needs it.

Udid good man

thx mang

I have 400 dollar credit on JC Penney dot comm lmao what fragrance should I get from their selection?

26 yo white guy no experience with cologne

well jubilation xxv then. certainly not an all occasion frag, but definitely exotic smelling

Looked on their site, things that stick out to me:

Acqua Di Gio Profumo
Sauvage (Pretty big meme, but gets mad compliments)
Versace Eros (I like this a lot, some people hate it)
Lhomme & la nuit de lhomme (don't last long but are pleasing scents, la nuit is a good date scent, but is also a meme)

those ive smelt personally,

ive heard good things about 1million prive and Armani code profumo online

Thanks mang

I sampled Jubilation, actually. I did like it, one to consider. Fate also looks interesting. I just ordered a sample pack off STC, has 9 of the men's Amouage fragrances. That'll probably help me make a decision.

Rate my collection /frag/

hype core

This is the fragrance equivalent of having every /mu/core album in your favorites list or having your entire 3x3 filled with the most popular anime on /a/

Why is your Aventus in that weird bottle? Also describe the scent of it to me please

It's a decant I bought off eBay. It allows me to spend 50 bucks on an ounce instead of 400 on a whole bottle, and I get to choose the batch I get so I don't end up with whichever one Creed happens to give me. It smells like the white monster cans taste, just a lil bit darker

I don't know what the white monster cans are like, can you explain in another way? Thanks

It smells like pineapple and smoke and jasmine, at least to me. The batches are all over the place and I've only sampled 16D01 and whichever 2014 bottle theperfumedcourt was decanting when I bought my first sample.

Cheers boss

meme-tier

>tfw I lost my virginity wearing Sauvage

Did she comment on it?

Me again. After a little bit more Googling I found out that if the alcohol content is too low (e.g. 40% alcohol vodka) the oils won't mix well with the alcohol. So then I started looking into higher percentages of alcohol, and unfortunately my local liquor stores max out at 50% and don't carry Everclear (which is what a lot of perfumers use if they can't find perfumer's alcohol). I did find a solution called BioFlame in my nearest automotive store, which contains 95% ethanol (internet says it has 88% alcohol) and 5% isopropyl alcohol. Usually people avoid using isopropyl alcohol (e.g. rubbing alcohol) with their custom fragrances because of its strong smell, but since this is just 5% isopropyl alcohol I'm hoping that it wouldn't smell too much like rubbing alcohol (which is often upwards of 70% isopropyl alcohol).

Thankfully my glass spray bottles came in -- a pack of 6. So now all I need to do is get some of that ethanol-based solution and I can finally make some fragrances.

just ordered this from notino, how fucked am i

>aventus
I think it's kind of overrated desu, dunno if I'd want an entire decant, but something everyone should try definitely

>MI
too salty

>avignon
I love this, check out kyoto as well, those two are imo the best of CDGs incense series

>eau sauvage
quintessential summer scent, and superior in every way to sauvage

>sauvage
throw it away and get a full bottle of eau sauvage instead

>GIT
one of my fav spring scents

>reflection
probably the only amouage that's actually wearable, quite pleasant, I'm a big fan of white florals

>royal water
haven't tried

>encre noir
overrated in this thread

you seem to have more spring/summer scents than fall/winter. look into more evening/cool weather options to round out your collection

It's actually far more unisex than the marketing campaign behind it would suggest. It gets a bit overhyped by the same sort of person who overhypes aventus, but it is quite a nice frag. I'm not a big fan either of patchouli or gourmand notes, so it isn't for me, but if you like the way it smells, wear it with pride.

fa in a nutshell

Who's hyped for this?

fragrantica.com/perfume/Christian-Dior/Dior-Homme-Sport-2017-42974.html

What

I already have the 2012 DHS, what is this? a reformulation or something different?

reformulation, and apparently it has nothing in common with any of the old versions

Hello

redpill me on VETYVER
why so many brands call their cologne vetiver?

are any of those diptyques actually worth getting

the ones worth getting are the ones you sample and like
it's a common fragrance note?

depends on what you like, really. L'eau Trois layered with Philosykos is a combo i love..

I lost my virginity wearing Aventus

a true memester

fragrantica.com/notes/Vetiver-2.html

What is your discount as a Diptyque employee?

half

Here's (most of) the rest btw. Still a few more I wanna get

how does it feel to have 20 bottles of overpriced air freshener?

Recommend me a cologne that would attract my first gf

>buying cologne based on bottle aesthetics rather than if the scent is actually good

haha, omg

one day you'll have money

Here is what an actual good cologne collection looks like. (Mine).

yeah, nice samples lol

lol are you retarded. how else are you going to determine if a cologne is good or not. wow you are retarded lol

you're really no better. honestly, having that many FBs is just pure excess. you could sell 90% of them and you'd be better off

I have like a billion samples, I just dont consider them part of my "collection" because thats stupid. just like you.

lol ,yet you are one of those fags that saves and puts the store bags in your "collection" . kill yourself

Lyric man is good if you like rose notes. I'm not a big rose fan, but Amouage did a good soapy-rose on this one that I really like.

Bondfag checking in

I need a proper camera

That's actually one I was interested in. Have a sample of that one coming. Just looking at the notes, it looks like Lyric, Jubilation, or Fate are going to be my best bets, but I'll wait until my samples get here. I have been surprised before.

That's the background idiot

Fate is one hell of a cumin explosion. You will smell like shit to everyone around you, but I like it

Eh, not a huge cumin fan. Don't particularly want to walk around smelling like Indian food. Well, I'll give the sample a go and see what I think.

Accurate assessment of Diptyque
Nice scents for rooms; for people, not so much

To be fair I only bought 3 of those. Their fragrances are all very natural smelling so I think that's nice, but over all I do agree the home scents are better. Their fragrances in the "more niche" 34 line are really good though. Benjoin boheme is a big favorite and kimonanthe is one of the most unique fragrances I've ever smelled

It is incredibly potent. I wouldn't do more than 1 or 2 sprays. dippy q has a cumin fragrance that also has a hint of pine sol. Been meaning to get it for a while

Just tried a sample of Terre d'Hermes Parfum

The orange in this is so juicy sweet and smooth I fucking love it

I've heard the EDT is completely different and smells like the rind, but this is literally biting into a perfectly ripe orange

Nice collection. How are those La Yuqawams work for you? Have the OG myself, I love it but i didn't try other ones.

chypre is by far the best frag family of all

most versatile, most mature without being "old", bet smelling

*best fug

Just tried Joop! Homme and it smells very fruity. What do you guys think of it as a spring scent?

Tobacco Blaze is enjoyable for me, but I have a hard time finding an occasion to wear it outside of the house. It smells of apricot hookah tobacco, not the type of tobacco that you'd find in a western style tobacco perfume. Again, I like it, but I mostly wear it at home in the evening or to sleep. Cozy!

Ambergris Showers is harder to get a handle on. It's very green and herbal but warmly so, with something earthy lurking underneath. There is a musky sweetness that it shares with TB. Not bad, but kind of formal. I paid less than $40, which makes it a better value than a lot of the other bottles in the cabinet.

Do any of you people mention to women that you have this hobby? How do they feel about it?

Women never talk to me at all but if one did I want to know if it's autistic to mention this.

>I have a hard time finding an occasion to wear it outside of the house
This. It might have to alternate with EN as my super humid thunderstorm scent here in LA, which I did once to great success. So these bottles will last me many lifetimes if I keep to that pattern.

Would it be worth getting some cologne for work when I get a job again? I'm most likely going to be a server so I don't want anything overbearing on guests, but want something nice, floral in spring and something spicy for summer and autumn.
Would Davidoff Hot Water for summer be a good starting cologne?

Not normally, because it's not something I really care about to share with people.

When I do, literally nobody cares. Lol

Any good? I feel like nobody ever tries CdG stuff beyond Wonderwood/2/2Man

Eh, it's an interest. Interests aren't really autistic unless you're autistic about them. For me, it seems to be something women like. I always smell good, and I always have interesting fragrances to wear on dates. I've actually had girls I've dated comment that they were looking forward to seeing what I smelled like on our next date.

But overall, if you're not a sperg about it and don't make it your whole "thing", not interest or hobby is really autistic.

Cdg black (not play) is the best one

Kyoto is the best one

How do you find a fragrance that compliments your look without actually being able to smell it beforehand?
I live way out in the sticks (nearest mall, let alone any specialty stores, is 2 hours away) and would really like to get a good, signature scent.

Could anyone recommend something for someone who wears autumn/earth tone colors most of the time? Pretty "dadcore" despite being 24.

Could height affect which scent I get? ;_;7 Please help.

Do research on fragrantica on basenotes and find some scents that you *think* you might want to smell like

Order samples of them from any links in the OP

Decide which you like and which you hate, try to pick out which specific notes you enjoy, try more samples until you find something you love so much that you would want to wear it all the time, then buy a bottle of that

Thanks, user.

avignon is also excellent, but I prefer kyoto slightly

If I work split shifts, would what I put on in the early morning still be detectable by evening time?

Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud
Mancera Cedrat Boise
Dior Sauvage
Bond No. 9 New York Patchouli
Bond No. 9 New York Oud
Guerlain Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Or just buy some small (3ml) plastic atomizers from amazon / ebay and respray at lunch / whenever.