Anyone here take nootropocs, aka smart drugs...

Anyone here take nootropocs, aka smart drugs? I know alot of successful business people take shit to increase energy and cognitive function

modafinil is the GOAT smart drug, but tolerance is a bitch

Anything methylphenidate related is harmful over time

What about something that doesn't require a prescription

>nootropocs
stupid bait, it just gives you energy. fuck off. and no one does adderall anymore its old news no one wants to ramble afterwards

Having to take a substance to maintain a higher level of function does not work in the long run. Tolerance and addiction are few of the draw backs. If you are dead set on it though I would suggest seeing a doctor to start the process to receive an Adderall prescription. Be strict and honest with yourself and stimulants won't be terrible. Don't be afraid, just understand daily limits. Also plan tolerance breaks as often as possible. The idea is to take it as little as possible so that when you need to perform your game is that much stronger.

Ultimately remaining in a student mind set will be the greatest performance enhancer. Everything in this world is worth learning.

I take a multivitamin.

I think it helps.

seconding modafinil

it's adderall without the horrible sides

Again, what about

>The idea is to take it as little as possible so that when you need to perform your game is that much stronger.
I did this back when I took it, and my doc didn't like that I took it sparingly and said I should take it everyday. Probably to push more pill$ because the rate I was consuming them was about 1 capsule every 2-3 days and a months supply lasted well over a month, sometimes even 2

I take Tanqueray. 3-6 ounces daily.

Caffein and sugar for the day-to-day.

psilocin and exercise for learning and as a sleep aid.

I exercise and eat right as well as not be a nigger works pretty well desu

>nigger

Red Bull + 5 hour energy

still shady

Perfect combination to have a heart attack

not if you mix with aspirin

nuvigil and modafinil is shit tier bro. If you ain't #Adderall, you ain't #SmartAtAll

u win the thread. your check is in the mail.

How do I get my doctor to get me adheral ?

30 mins of meditation and breathing is equivalent to doing a line of coke

Why not just do cocaine like real businessmen?

Scotch.

Took armodafinil during my exams last year. Works well for like 3-5 hours but you get a headache if you don't drink water throughout. Definitely worth it considering how cheap they are.

>Adderall
That addiction profile bro. If you are looking to get high, chase down some speed.
>Modafinil
More effective and innocuous.

Sorry, but what does senpai and desu mean?

I'm on Modafinil right now. As for the "Tolerance is a bitch thing", I don't agree with that. The first week of taking Moda can give some weird speedy sides, but eventually you get a cool, sharp, level headed feeling.

Dave Asprey took Modafinil everyday for 8-9 year with only like occasional weekend breaks, it's not like it stops working after consistently taking it

What do I tell my GP if I want to get him to prescribe modafinil?

>but you get a headache if you don't drink water throughout

literally nothing compared to being strung out on amphetamine/phenidate

This. Really, If you dont need them, dont take them. I have a medical condition and ADHD that requires me to take them. If I could live without stimulants, I would. Note, youll start getting comedown depressions among other fun things.

You don't, you just buy it online easily.
modacat or someshit

I took it during finals this winter and I ended up having to take 500mg just to get things going

2 weeks earlier I felt like a study robot on 100-200mg

Also, asking for working nootropics without prescription is litteraly contradictory, if they work you'll need a prescription.

Moda can be easily bought online, or just visit your doctor and tell him you have to work long shifts at night and can't stay awake. Will be pricey though if you're amerifag

It's listed as a prescription-only drug in my country (Australia)

I'm also in Australia.

Just buy from modafinilcat.

Does modafinil make anyone else need to shit about 3 or 4 hours after taking it? also whats with the constant armpit sweat even though I'm not even hot

All stimulants do that.

Erdos the mathematicians did amphetamine every day. Lived till almost 100. Was a prolific and healthy mathematician.

(10 to 20 milligrams of Benzedrine or Ritalin)

smoking dmt aka the business mans trip has increased my productivity and wellbeing.

Idunno, isnt that really intense? Ive had some bad tips on LSD, and they were unpleasant but ultimately productive, from what I hear bad trips on dmt seem like a fucking horrorshow.

You can try adrafinil, but I haven't

Nope. Good nights sleep, but of exercise daily and a bit of meditation. That ten hour work day? Just get everything done in 6, you spend half the day doing bullshit and arsing about anywau

Sudoepinephrine and epinephrine are legal Otc in America just has limits like 9g a month
>9g a month
This is plenty of your taking proper tolerance break also b6 b 12, melatonin, 5htp religiously every night, melatonin every other night if your a non weed smoking pleb who is ignorant enough to enjoy bliss without thc. Coffee will give you the nutrients to enjoy caffeine with very little crash so drink 3-4 cups throughout day then bang throw done a 120mg 12 hr sudo at about 1:30-2:00pm fuck shit up studying or what have you until about 10. At 8 take the bs mela 5htp, at 10 take 12.5mg epinephrine(primatene namebrand) continue to be extremely productive till 1:30am smokechron, up at 5:30 to do it again.
Eat apples and peanut butter
> god tier cognitive function 20hrs a day
Get it you fucking goy

You'd be #Smart if you'd spend some time learning to concentrate on your own.

Myokem Pyroxamine

Senpai is a senior person of otherwise comparable rank

Desu is an intensifier akin to definitely.

"I'm definitely going" ~= "I'm going, desu."

Mfw customs agents came to my house to question me my neighbor said
Not sure if srs
Pills still arrived
What the actual fuck
Gonna need a prescription goddammit

I really want some Modafinil however I live in New Zealand an i cant find a site that will import due to our country being so uptight

have been on Noopept for Months and although in the long run it helps i would really like something more stimulating, i hardly ever feel like Noopept is working.

any nzfags here know where i ca get some moda?

Of course it is intense but that's the point, to get you in the zone. LSD is a waste of time o

Phenibut.

It might not be the best substance to aid in studying, but I've found it works absolute wonders in social situations. It also seems to enormously increase alertness/reaction time and I've used it (successfully) to enhance physical performance while playing sports. It can be a good aphrodisiac as well. I highly recommend it, especially for curing social anxiety.
If anyone is curious about it, I can go more in depth about some of the experiences I've had using it

You guys are doomed to fail in the long run if you take that shit.

The only supplement you need is fruits, vegetables, good air, and sleep.

>in the long run
What if you don't need to be "altered" for the long run? What if there's a situation where you could benefit from a temporary enhancement? What if you have anxiety and need to be calm for a business meeting? What if you need to study for a test that's in 2 days and need extreme concentration and productiveness? Can you really not see the practical applications of nootropics?

I can, just be careful not turning it to a "cheat code" to life difficulties. That's usually how bad things start.

You can also try to work on your mental and face your fears and difficulties without any drug, it's harder but your mind will grow. For each short cut in life there is a down side, be sure of it.

GP's probably won't prescribe it, go to a open minded psychiatrist under your insurance (hopefully ya got it son) and just bring it up. I have good rapport with my psych and will generally get whatever I want in whatever dosage within reason.

"I have trouble focusing and want to try and new offlabel use for modafinil" or some shit, maybe even throw in some stuff about having trouble staying up for work/falling asleep

This whole thread is retarded

Brew some coffee, learn time management and stop being a lazy piece of shit.

>Dave Asprey, the ultimate meme

OP I take these while I trade it seems to work well I can actually feel a switch when it kicks in my brain responds well..They made my girlfriend sick though.. Results may vary I guess

kek. Nice bait

how old are you that you have to worry about a heart attack? The way I see it if you're under 35 you should be pushing your body to and past it's limits to achieve success. At that age you're still young enough to recover

Upperclassman

"Is," but it's a verbal tic of an obnoxious anime character called Suiseiseki

placebo bullshit

yeah so customs can find it and send you to jail

brilliant

I have a jar of Noopept capsules but haven't tried them yet because they supposedly work best if you sleep at least 7 hours every night. I do like 5.

Being sent a package is very suspicious behaviour.

I heard the White House has been receiving anthrax - what are they really up to?!

>horrible sides

lol there aren't side effects you squid

Why do people take these drugs? Its not hard to think. That's what your brain is there for.

why would you not take something that makes you a superhuman for a short time? Because you're afraid of people judging you? There's nothing noble about making things hard on yourself

How do nootrpics work? Like, what's the mechanics behind them?

They seem to affect the way the brain takes in nutrients, minerals, and elements like oxygen. You get headaches if you don't eat the right stuff, as if the brain is wounded by their absence, as if it's expecting to incorporate them.

My broscientific opinion is that nootropics make brain cells believe they need to expand to cover lost territory, as if healing a wound that never existed. A good way to trick your brain into doing more work than is necessary for survival.

(Choline i.e. eggs and fish oil are the main "brainfoods.")

nootropic drugs (the afinils, adderall, etc) are like a mech suit for your mind, working from the outside to compensate for a physical deficiency.

Natural nootropic supplements (5 HTP, phenibut, Alpha GPC etc) are like a super soldier serum, working from the inside to help mitigate the deficiency and enhance you from the cells up.

stay poor and stupid pleb

>gluten is just a generic word for things that are bad for you

i mean the way you put it is just so fucking sleazy and insidious.
barring non-addictive type personalities(it isn't you, if it was you wouldn't be on this thread) who's going to stop on the slippery slope of "life defining grade,let me pop a pill" to "i partied all weekend and i have a presentation on tuesday, let's pop some pills through monday to "i need to take literal grams of stuff to function in my high stress/high pay job that i'm actually being paid a pittance for but i'm a high performer and they keep me comfy with the bonuses coz who would deliver such amazing results for such actual low pay comparatively speaking"

young enough to recover is a meaningless term. you're fucking your body up more so you'll be more fucked up in the future. there isn't a magic baseline standard your body always recovers to, you're alway in decline you idiot.
you have to make your body last unless you're on the path to literal multimillion dollar greatness and wanna kurt kobain

I've been taking racetams and choline supplements on and off.I'm pretty convinced they improve my cognition (on days i'm taking it i have 100% winrate in chess games vs around 75% against my braindead roomates).

But i'm still a lazy piece of shit desu

I make no pretence of being an expert. But I'm not an idiot, either.

Took a uridine stack didn't notice shit now I have brain fog.

Feelsbadman

I take 400mg of caffeine and 400mg of L-Theanine on Monday and Wednesday and 150mg of Armodafinil on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday then I take the weekend off

Been doing this for about 6 months, pretty sure I don’t have a tolerance to either of them and I don’t think I am addicted to caffeine

I am also fairly sure racetams don’t do shit for the majority of people or at least anyone I have spoken to in real life

I don't take any smart drugs, but Rhodiola is a fucking life saver when it comes to mental fatigue.

Here's what I've collated over time from various sources (TYVD, r/nootropics, examine.com, the odd nootropic thread here or in Veeky Forums, and other places). These categories aren't exclusive or exhaustive, substances always have more than one effect.

>for anxiety
Phenibut (build tolerance quickly, so use sparingly)
Ashwagandha (pretty reliable in this regard, along with other secondary benefits)
Taurine (at a large enough dose of maybe 5g it'll help with anxiety, may cause migraines)
Theanine (calm, meditative like energy. no tolerance or withdrawal)
Niacinamide (forgot the doses, but they only work in this form)
Benzos (don't bother)

>for energy
Modafinil (take 100mg a day as soon as you wake up. have rest days for them. recovery is quick. sleeplessness a likely side. best for all-nighters)
Caffeine (take with theanine. use smaller doses and take rest days to avoid anxiety and tolerance respectively)
Ephedrine (try an ECA stack for max effects plus legit fat burning)
L-tyrosine (only improves performance when you're in stressful situations such as sleep deprivation)
Yohimbine (use sparingly. makes you horny. don't mix different stims in large amounts)
R. rosea (consistent and reliable for reducing negative effects from fatigue. no tolerance or withdrawal)
Adderall (sides are important considerations, as is tolerance and withdrawal)

>for memory
B. monnieri (takes a while to kick in. reliable effects for some aspects of memory, especially verbal)
Fish oil (multiple considerations, but generally good for people who don't get a lot of fish in their diet)
Racetams (experiment with types. safer than salt)
Noopept

Neurochemistry is unique to individuals and what helps one person might not help you. There's the question of what neurotransmitter is affected and how specifically, like reuptake, production, etc. Then there's what receptor and which part of the brain. Sleep is still the most important part however. Even during an all-nighter, some sleep is better than none.