Urban Techwear General /UTG/

This thread is for urban techwear.

If it's black, water-resistant and looks like it belongs in Ghost in the Shell or Akira, it probably should go in here.

Feel free to shit it up with memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPjweWvLWG8
m.footlocker.com/?uri=product&sku=62507001&model=266862&cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH
endclothing.com/us/catalogsearch/result/?q=Sfb leather
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New Y-3 is very cool.

Take notes how to approach techwear more casually

New Veilance anorak.

>paying 3k for a jacket that has no tested outdoor or military application

cool pockets...much function

how is isaora for basic tees/sweaters in merino

straya cunt pocket would be better imo
still love it

Id on jacket?

guys brands that arent in sticky?

Honest question, what exactly is the ACRNM Subnet and how do you gain access?

It's for dealers or their commercial accounts to see their stock or new seasonal items.

I really don't get the meme of Acronym. Sure their stuff looks cool, but does anyone in the military, police, or outdoor community actually use their stuff? Or just a bunch of asian manlets from sufu?

Looks like a reversed MA-1 from Alpha but could just be any high street brand shit.

It's meant to be fashion, it's just influenced by those things

Any opinion on these? I just need a pair of pants to actually wrap up my fit and I don't wanna just wear my cargo joggers in the rain.

W2C?

what are they? looks sick

Their isaora utility pants from a couple years ago.
Only place I could find selling them was Reveled and they're sold out there but you might find them on Grailedf?

>Opening thread with embarrassing sufu tier fit.
Here we go.

Agreed. At first I was an acronym fanboi, but after thinking on it/actually getting my own shit I think its cringeworthy.

broke bois detected
that fit is FIRE

Acronym is good it's just this fit is trash

Not trying to be a dick, but have you actually ever worn an Acronym jacket? I mean, some are a little more out there, but the more standard shells are super decent from my experience. I can only speak for one I guess but the J1A-GT is probably the best shell I've ever purchased in terms of effectiveness while sacrificing no form whatsoever and being completely unique to itself. It looks really good and does everything it's supposed to and more (magnetic strip for headphones, jacketsling, escape zip, etc.) all while keeping you protected from the elements.

The ONLY disappointing part of it are the gravity pockets, for me. And I still have only seen it used with grace in the Acrnm videos.

Release date when?

This reminds me, I want this kinda bad but it sucks it has no regular pockets, I understand the idea behind it but it just limits the use a bit as just regular day-to-day jacket a bit.

How is it trash? It's really good. It seems to be OC too. Didn't see it on sufu or ista...

The other colorway looks really nice too. I'd like to bring some more colour info my fits so I think I'll go with this one

How is it really good? because he's wearing a J1A?
He managed to make a ~$1000 jacket look boring as fuck and kind of cringy with his mall sunglasses and pedophile hair

Thoughts on Royal Navy Gore Tex jackets?

Fjellreven

L7

7L*

Just bought a pair of the grey Y-3 Qasas
youtube.com/watch?v=qPjweWvLWG8
I like them a lot and the Qasa is one of my favourite tech shoe silhouettes, but not 100% on what to wear them with atm due to the slightly unusual colour

Ok so far nothing ITT looks like it belongs in GitS or Akira

Grey is pretty neutral, it can do with almost everything.

how is slick back a pedo haircut? because he isn't a model? and the sunglasses look great. why do you think they are mall brand?

>tfw there will never be a gyakusou drop as good as autumn monks was

The last release was much better than its been the past two years so hes on the right track but man those camo earth tone windbreakers were amazing

Are there any tech jackets that have a gravity pocket but don't cost $900?

True, although I only really have black techwear stuff - need to mix it up with some other colours I think for them to fit better

Grey can be tricky on shoes, if you can find the right balance though they should look really good

Not like anything in Akira could even be considered techwear
And GitS is more operator than tech

Techwear doesn't have to be black

These are the most underrated Qasa

Where do you guys get your pants?

Im not too keen in dropping thousands so I'd like some more affordable picks.

Also, what should I NOT wear with Qasa boots? They come in 2 weeks

Nikelab offers great quality pants, they treat their fabric with DWR coating, and they are usually made out of slightly stretchy technical chino material. definitely look into those. They run anywhere from $150-250, you can probably find some on sale though.

Qasa boots are a lot harder to pull off than regular Qasas, but try looking into cropped technical pants with a wider leg opening, or extremely tapered designs to rest on top.

too close to flyknit lunars

ID on jacket?

Undercover clouds parka

Look up smir.k on IG

Experience with Nike Bonded pants?

ID on jacket?

Fjellreven

Thank you

Never seen those before, they're pretty sick though

That's the plan - just need some more grey shit I think

the most underrated shoe

I have a pair and am super happy with it. Had to taper them though since they fit a little too lose towards the bottom for me

never seen it pulled off right in a fit

never seen a fit pic with them for a reason (they look like shit)

this isn't WAYWT m8

who is this stud muffin??

Worst opening image I've seen for a techwear post, 2 days 60 replies.

GOAT shoe
adidas BTFO

holy shit his feet are tiny

they look like baby shoes

honestly i feel like it's an alright shoe and even considered buying it once but the shoes are the worst part of all these fits

Simple and clean

Someone tell me who this guy is

Thanks man. If you don't mind what is your weight and how tall Are you, and which size do you get?

please stop it's embarassing

anyone like the new y-3 sneakers? I kinda like that new boot with the boost sole

no

This, or

Prestos are some ugly shoes. Haven't liked any prestos outside the Acronym collab

This?

This

wtc?

I've been asking around my friends and they all say the prestos and I don't get it. They say I shouldn't even wear the sfbs outside

m.footlocker.com/?uri=product&sku=62507001&model=266862&cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

footlocker is blocked in my country

endclothing.com/us/catalogsearch/result/?q=Sfb leather

If that doesn't work then they are nike sfb acg 6"

thanks!

I like both - have this pair personally and I like them a lot - work well in tech fits. The low version with the white sole are also p nice

Reviews on nike talk about durability issues, have you experienced any?

A little color in tech-wear is always nice.

that turns it into a hypebeast northface supreme fit dude
its gotta be alll black

???

It's purely fashion, dude
Military and industrial applications wouldn't use something that prioritizes form over function, even if it ends up doing both exceptionally well
Also it's expensive af for military use

Wiki user here, what stuff do you guys want to see in the techwear wiki? Anything you think is lacking in detail or a new section to add?

Maybe more info about Nike Acg and Nike in general, for instance the Nike Pants with the water repellant material.

here's one more

lmao those soles

wtf

You got it, I was planning on separating the Nike divisions in the brand list,