YSL sweater

Hi, copping this sweater, just wanna make sure it's legit?

And are there even fakes on YSL?

YSL licensed their brand in 80s and 90s so basically you find anything from thrifts that's YSL it's garbage quality made in China that was originally sold in sears.
Avoid.

I don't get what you mean, could you rephrase it?

tldr 99% of vintage YSL items are worthless

same goes for all fashion houses

If you find vintage YSL chances are it's garbage not worth your money

it might be a recent piece tho

I can't ID it, but it doesn't look that vintage

not buying it from thrift shop but site similar to grailed

>it might be a recent piece tho

its not

this was probably sold in sportsdirect in the 90s for 20 bucks.

number one rule when determining if its a fake or not
if there isnt a very high demand/its an extremely popular and talked about item, then there is no reason for shitty chinese factories to make fakes of it
in your case, no one is going "oh wow, i really need this obscure ysl sweater from season xxxx that nobody recognises or has even heard of", so therefore it is incredibly unlikely to be a fake

>XL

Lose weight fatty

also as for your question, its definitely real

buy it if you want but keep in mind its just a shitty made in china department store sweater thats probably ~20 years old.

hope not

it can be just a random sweater with YSL on it because chinese factory workers know that YSL is popular and there are people that are too lazy if YSL produced a piece like this tho

but I agree it's unlikely since YSL isn't that profitable to make fakes of

I actually wear L, but I don't mind XL on sweaters
I am of slim figure, but am not a manlet like yourself

person selling it claims it's new and has never been worn so idk

>it might be a recent piece tho
It's not, the brand hasn't done mens clothing under YSL in ages

I am 6'4" and have never worn larger than an L. Keep dreaming tubs :3

>person selling it claims it's new and has never been worn so idk
Don't buy it in all honesty, it looks like shit and it's from the licensed era so the quality won't be good either. Good way to think it is would you buy it if it was H&M instead of YSL label?
And it's even more relevant with licensed YSL since the quality can be expected to be the same

true i forgot
me neither but I really like this sweater and it's cheap so why not take it? oversized fit doesn't hurt or I can use it for layering

Okay user sorry for bullying.
Tbh tho I greatly prefer wool sweaters to fit slim and snug, sweatshirts I tend to go for looser fits sometimes

>if there isnt a very high demand/its an extremely popular and talked about item, then there is no reason for shitty chinese factories to make fakes of it
that's not true

desu I just like how it looks, it being YSL is just a bonus
but for me to buy it in H&M it would have to be unusually cheap, just like it is in this case considering it's YSL

but is the quality really that shit that it can be compared with H&M ? I always thought YSL is famous for its quality lol

it's fine I actually am scared it will be too big desu I'm only 6'1

>but is the quality really that shit that it can be compared with H&M ? I always thought YSL is famous for its quality lol
Again, it's just YSL in the name. They licensed the brand during 90s cause of financial issues which means they allowed anyone to produce clothing with YSL tags in exchange for money. The opportunity was used mostly by H&M tier garbage brands to cash in on poor people, selling "luxury" to them in name only.

Yeah, I usually swim in larges lol, and I've got 3 inches on you. There's lots of nice knit sweaters in every thrift shop, just find one that's your size elsewhere

I get that, but since there's no real way to differentiate between real YSL and 'borrowed-YSL-tag' clothes, it's just generally a bad quality when we're talking about YSL from that era, correct?

I have it the same

Ms are too short
Ls are too baggy sometimes

super hard to find the optimal size

Shop Scandinavian brands or brands that make Medium Talls

will check that, thanks

YSL Pour Homme is a garbage diffusion brand. Not worth the YSL name at all.