How does Veeky Forums afford to be Veeky Forumsshionable ?

How does Veeky Forums afford to be Veeky Forumsshionable ?
>wanna get into YSL but im a poor young person
>also ITT discuss YSL?

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/thecut/2016/10/hedi-slimane-tweets-about-ysl-launches-suit-against-kering.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. born rich
2. yuppie
3. hustles
pretty much it

BEING FASHIONABLE DOES NOT EQUAL WEARING EXPENSIVE CLOTHING.

oh man
its this guy AGAIN

B-but what if thats the style you wanna go for and its undeniably fashionable?

STYLE, AND PRICE, ARE NOT MUTUALLY EQUIVALENT, NOR DIRECTLY CORRELATED.

THE FACT THAT YOU EQUATE STYLE WITH PRICE, AND BEING FASHIONABLE WITH WEARING CERTAIN BRANDS, INDICATES THAT YOU LACK PERSONALITY, AND THEREFORE, PERSONAL FASHIONSTYLE.

YSL doesn't exist anymore.

It's been rebranded as Saint Laurent and makes the most pedestrian garbage that Yves Saint-Laurent himself would never have made.

nymag.com/thecut/2016/10/hedi-slimane-tweets-about-ysl-launches-suit-against-kering.html

If Rick Owens was sold at Walmart... would people wear that shit? No fucking way. Price doesn't necessarily have everything to do with it but it is part of it.

Lol
Ky, retard.
Disgusting poser.

I think you misread my post

I have a job =)

I think there's a global rule about continually posting in all caps, dude

>they think the pricing and exclusiveness don't play an extremely heavy roll in the perceived quality, value and beauty of something

>I sell mushrooms.
>I also DJ at nightclubs on my off nights.
>I also design mobile apps for shitty local companies in my spare time.

>He values perceived quality, rather than actual quality.

You're a clueless poser.

Preme will make a bic pen - which retail for like forty cents a pop - and sell it for 10 bucks each

did you even see the Pablo popup shit? the shirts were Gildan, and 55 bucks each

And?

You got to be innately really creative so you can work with poorfag pieces or anything really that's in your limited budget to make something truly awesome (e.g. "Roofcore"); also, you need to pick and choose which core items you're willing to drop the big bucks on (e.g. Shiacore); and finally, you need to have a small wardrobe to begin with; just make that wardrobe modular so you can make totally different outfits out of more or less the same articles of clothing.

Pic related. You can wear a long sleeve over a t-shirt or a t-shirt over a long sleeve or one without the other--and boom, you have 4 different tops for 4 different days of the week. If you added a jacket, you'd have a complete closet.

If it's a very, very niche style where you don't have any other option, sure.
But I highly doubt that.

Yes you're right if you're talking about the average joe that "likes" fashion.
But is saying that an individual can get attain a style even without dishing out huge amounts of money which is most of the time very true.
So you're arguing that the herd will not wear it which is probably true, but not relevant.
Are you also one of those that wear Rick Owens because it's muh unique, or because you actually like it and don't care if others wears it?
Sure, I won't stop people from wanting to be unique for the sake of being unique, but it's pretty meaningless to me to a certain degree.

Dis. Either you have it from birth or you take it one way or another.

>le all caps nyu undergrad-ass maymay tripfag

Does anybody know name of this model? Aesthetic as fuck. I love Hedi Slimane clothes...

actually is super right. There's a reason pineapples influences architecture. At one point it was extremely rare and valuable, due to shit tier refridgeration, which gave it an infamous appeal. Pineapples at one point would be worth (in today's dollars) thousands. The flavour never changed, so why don't we design buildings after them? Because nowaday it's readily available, and no longer the sought after fruit that it once was.

>hypebeasts overpaying for shit they can make themselves for cheaper

Color me surprised.

Youre just proving his point that style is not equivalent to price.
A shitty bic pen is still a shitty bic pen no matter how much you paid for it and anybody who throws their money to low quality gear because its been branded by a highly coveted brand is both unstylish and an idiot.

It's SLP poorfag.

Source: Saint Laurent Paris Dior Homme usually what I'm dressed in

>t-shirt over a long sleeve
that's retarded, kind sir

There's nothing shitty about bic pens

If you're a student, find seasonal work during holidays and keep $1000 or so to buy clothes during the whole year

If you're not, get an actual job

Don't buy anything that isn't at least -60% or second hand

Resell everything you don't actually wear

Within 2 or 3 years you should have a decent collection

I used to hate you because of your posts in watch threads but you seem to be the only person regularly posting quality discussion so I forgive you

Yeah I hate that everything he types must be in caps, but he's not dumb.

>poor young person
>also ITT discuss YSL?
>doesnt know how to greentext

everything about this post yells underage/first time poster 2bh

look through the archives on warosu.org

>a t-shirt over a long sleeve
This isn't grade 8 in 2005 anymore, user

...I wish it was :/

Fuck off

googled "pineapples in architecture" learned a lot today. Thanks user.

t. somebody who knows nothing about the brand ysl as well as ysl the person

ysl the brand was always supposed to be an haute couture brand, and the ready to wear clothes were to be sold at the rive gauche location, named Saint Laurent Rive Gauche

so if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that hedi's slp was blatantly a nod to yves' rtw collections, which btw, hedi relaunched the men's rive gauche in 97

know your history
it's fine if you thought hedi was trash
but at least know what you're talking about

>equating YSL RTW w/ the Uniqlo-tier garbage in SLP "The Permanent Collection"

pls stop

>being dumb enough to not differentiate between the rtw collections and the permanent collection

you're not even trying

ITT: broke bois
Don't buy or wear designer if you are poor, 5k shirts are for people that have money to buy them, clothing like that is not made for you

Either get some money and wear expensive clothes or stay in your lane and stick to Gildan shirts, Levis and new balance sneakers

>what is h&m

I'm interested to know wear 5k shirts are? Can you provide a link with a couple examples?

An autistic mexican talking about style what is with your country and having the worst trips on this board

his name is louis, can't remember his surname sorry. he's not a model he was in a band called egyptian hip hop, he's been in most of his shows, up to hedi's last one

can answer more questions if people want

This is good advice. Also you can sell stuff you don't wear on sites like depop and grailed.