What ever happened to the raw jeans "movement"... Is it still alive?

What ever happened to the raw jeans "movement"... Is it still alive?

yea

menswear tier now, in 5 years they will be wearing everyone's old cav empt and acronym gear

>this is the future you chose goy

Definitely still a thing, but it's not the blind obsession like it was a couple of years back.

Remember that user who left his raws in the freezer for like a year?

>in 5 years they will be wearing everyone's old cav empt and acronym gear
Some will, but the die hard fans will keep it going. Hopefully when it comes around again trend-wise, everyone will be over "muh fades."

Can you get raw black jeans? I hate indigo.

why did he do that? For da fadezzzz?

yeah. I had some black nudies that I didnt realize were raw. Washed them in a washing machine after few months of war. Shrinked like 2 sizes and faded quite a bit. Completely unsusable, which was sad since they were pretty comfy and had thicker than average material

Thank you for your service

If I recall, he put them in there to kill off the raw stank and forgot about them. Dude comes back in a year and has siqq crispy freezer burned faedzz.

Sure. Black, grey, red, even fucking green.

I bought some APCs and then realised I hate blue jeans

They're too normal feeling

what "movement"?

Raw jeans are a niche product that was trendy for a brief point in time.

They're still a nice item to own but there's nothing special about them other than being higher quality and looking cool after a year or two of wear.

I have a pair of raw jeans for 4 months, never washed em, wear them constantly. No fades whatsoever.

Also, brand new raws look really boring.

Broken in, faded raws actually do look pretty visually stunning but for some reason most of the people who actually wear their raws that much end up retiring them as soon as they start looking good, which has never made sense to me.

i still wear raws almost every day.

i miss the dumb ridiculous shit you'd see almost daily that people would do for the sake of sick fadez and no stank.

I love my japanes blues, I for once am glad I fell for the meme

Only thing that sucks is I can't wear them with my CP's because of the indigo bleed

piss on your jeans brah

Also as good as raws look, they can be a bit of a headache. So many conflicting opinions.

You can actually wash them and still get good fades.

Ocean soaks do nothing except make you smell like mold.

Don't fall for the size down meme.

Anything higher than 16oz is going to be torture.

Don't buy unsanforized you will regret it.

Oh and just so you know, those super extreme high contrast fades aren't easy to get. You pretty much have to wear the same pair every day for years to get those.

pic unrelated, but I always wondered this too until I saw a guy with super broken in denim that looked amazing but was literally falling apart. by the time they are faded to perfection they are literally held together by threads(croutch blow out-seat extremely thin) legit they have to retire them or they will fall apart. its kinda strange considering people buy these jeans to "last a life time" and they can barely stand 3-4 years

Is it Veeky Forums to only wear second hand jeans and get them tailored?

none of those jeans are raw

this happens sometimes. i had some nudie grim tim (not the selvedge ones) and after six months of no washing they had pretty minimal fades

but right now im two weeks into wearing samurai jeans, and they already have fades coming through. it just depends on the denim
samurai and APC fade pretty quick IMO

the crotch usually blows out right around the time they look sick. knee blowouts and other misc blowouts are easy to repair at home, but crotch blowouts need to be professionally repaired usually

my raws after 3 years minus summers.
Far from high contrast, but I'm not sure how long they'll hold up before the buttocks tear up.

this

my sammies bleed on my white sambas

your opinions are objectively wrong
ocean soaks give great contrast fading (ive done it with two jeans)
sizing down is fine if you dont plan on washing
anything higher than 16 oz is harder to break in, but considerably sturdier
unsanforized are ideal. shrink to fit is the best method of sizing pants in my opinion

the ultimate question.
how does Veeky Forums wash their jeans?

when I shat in my raws, I turned them inside out and put them into the machine, minimum spin.

When they stank really bad, I soaked them in the tub with detergent and stirred them a bit.

>shat in my raws
explain

and then theyre ready to be thrown out

ate something at a kebab place earlier and didn't make it to a toilet in time on the way home.

Inside out handwash if they get nasty or stinky

Like for 90% of the clothes I wear. I only machine wash underwear

i shat my raws too

i came down with strep throat and also had bad nausea+the squirts
my girlfriend asked me to pick her up from work, and on the way home i got super dizzy and pulled my car over, fell to the ground and started puking and shitting myself, ruining a 240$ pair of raws that i had only been wearing for a week. felt bad man

I really don't see the point of raws, why would I want to stain my clothes/ shoes blue? You're basically a walking marker.

>Not putting foil in the legs and pockets of your raws, and then throwing them in the microwave for those siqq lightning faedz while also sanitizing them

3sixteen. I have black st's and they're nice.

How did you guys handle the extra length with APC ? I remember buying some and they were so long i had to cuff them 4-5 times at least which gave a look equivalent to a donut thrown around a pole (i.e not good). You get them tailored or they'll shrink in length too ?

i got them hemmed for 30$
it was no problemo
i think they are like a 36 inseam when you purchase tho which is wild

I got some black Levi's 501's. I've worn them for around 1.5 months, never washed 'em, only scrubbed some surface-stains with a sponge. Am I doing it right?

Fuck, I've just sewn them shut, first covered them with iron-on-denim patches from both sides and then stitched them shut. Do people seriously just throw their jeans out like that?

I remember there was an user who went for a walk in a hurricane to get sick fadez

thanks, thought so too. Yeah were so long couldn't wear uncuffed i'll look into tailoring them

Fuck why didn't I think of this when I lived in Florida.

Jeans are fucking lame, been out of style for at least 2 years for both women and men.

Underrated

what the fuck

what's been in style the past two years then? if you say joggers I'm gonna puke

no. they arent raw denim, they are sanforized. you can wash them whenever you want it wont make a difference

>throw their jeans out
what do you mean? i just got them hemmed to an appropriate length

yea ive retired jeans because of crotch blowouts
ive tride home repairs but they usually bust back open, theres nowhere near me where i can get a professional repair

>cav empt and acronym
these are both dead brands now, theres nothing fashionable about them

Does this work?

guys that say jeans are "out of style" are the same kind of people that still think techwear is a thing and literally wear h&m sweatpants to every occasion

Got a pair of pure blue japans the other week, I have no regrets at all

Doesn't need to be professional. Anyone with a sewing machine and some scrap denim can do it.

kek.

pretty over denim atm but i have a few nice pairs and you don't really need a whole lot more than that

the only denim that is interesting to me is n&f now and only because they blend in fabrics other than cotton and have interesting dyes/wefts.

Do i need to scream allahu akbar while doing this?

>the crotch usually blows out right around the time they look sick

This is the predominant view of even the people who bought them.

So the real question is why is anyone falling for this meme at all?

There has to be a way to artificially create this look that's better. Maybe starting with white jeans and applying dye while wearing them (outside) for a bit? People who work in costuming do artificial wear all the time. Has to be a technique out there.

i don't really care too much about sik fades but washed denim looks like ass compared to raw indigo

That was a nice thread. They looked awesome btw.

w2c right hand side style

I think the concept of one garment expressing oneself's lifestyle is what makes unique the raw denim.

I own oni secret denim (about 20oz i think?) and they are easily one of the comfiest denim I have, and I've had 13-16 oz denim. I think its the loose weave they do

if by "siqq lightning faedz" you mean "scorch marks", sure

all the jeans in this thread look like something a middle eastern refugee would wear.

i only wear black jeans, fuck off

ive been on thr raw denim bandwagon for about 4 years now. ive been wearing the same pair of jeans and same raw denim jacket , pretty much daily, for 4 years, and still have no fades. it doesnt help that im sitting all day at a desk, then i go home and lay in bed. i literally have no physical activity in my life.

wow

What brand. I just got a new pair and can already see light fades after 10 days.

F u techwear won't ever die especially where I live

>turns out "raw" is the brand
xD

lol i have a pair that started fading after three months you goddamn homebody

wasted jeans and wasted digits

this is piss-on-your-jeans tier retarded

techwear was only ever cool on the internet. and that was about half a decade ago. move on.

whats the epic cool meme now

i want to be as cool as all of the Veeky Forums memers like u