Daily reminder to make sure you brush your teeth (whiten), lift, run, eat properly...

Daily reminder to make sure you brush your teeth (whiten), lift, run, eat properly, read a chapter of a classic book and watch a classic film every day.

Lets make this a general in order to inspire each other to keep improving and get aesthetic inside and out.

Discuss products, books and films here that relate to your self improvement routine.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/masturbation-guide
soundcloud.com/the_widdler/sonic-bloom-2016-full-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he only does sport because he has to
>he needs a diet to tell him what to eat
>he reads classic books and watches classic movies just because he thinks it'll make him better

sad for u pour être honnête

Classics are great, but don't be a victim. There's some pretty solid contemporary literature/film.

Dumb post
Sure but you may aswell watch the classics before you start with new stuff. Build up a foundation you know?

in for learning to accept and forgive yourself for the past

this one is impossible

TEST:

Find the memes from following
a) no fap
b) cold showers
c) meditation
d) martial arts
e) mirror practicing

projection is a bitch, huh

What's mirror practicing?

I'm doing nofap and cold (How "cold" is cold? I can't bear anything besides slightly colder than room temperature, like fresh water bottle tier) and nofap and oh my god, it's so hard doing nofap. Obviously I'm a virgin and jacking off is my only form of relief.

What does SFIG stands for?
Self Fucking Improvement General?

Also recommend me improvement threads/forums/boards. 8ch one is alive?

read houellebecq

>2017
>watching feature-length films
catch up grandpa

Do you not have a job or hobbies, lad? How the fuck do you find time to do all of that every fucking day. What a boring life you must lead.

good thread bro im fully behind this

>hey user, wanna talk about that cool new film? It really made me think!
>n-no... I'm only up to the 1960s... M-muh foundation

>a) meme for longer than 2 weeks
>b)
>c)
>d)
>e) meme

nofap is for people who get laid, user. There's no point in doing it if you don't have an active sexual life.

It restores the hormonal homeostasis.

>it pseudosciences my homeopathy
right.

>the start here meme
not even being rude but there is nothing better than watching whatever you want just for the hell of it. So many art chicks on their instagram stories watching Ghibli and 80's romance bullshit probably have the exact same idea and fall into the hive mind trap because instead of wanting to watch film for the art, they watch it for the value it adds to their social status

You forgot to mention scrape your tongue daily. If you're poor and autistic like me do calisthenics, skate or bike, go vegetarian/vegan till you have self control. Read daily and watch videos/movies if you must, but remember even the faggiest circle jerk foreign films won't jog yr brain nearly as much as a good book does.

This.

I gotta agree, who has time for this shit. By 5:30 I just want to the gym or go out on the town.

'He's a fucking philistine.'
'What's a philistine?'
'A philistine is a person who isn't interested in books or good films, and just want to the gym or go out on the town'

I'm paraphrasing like:)

>e) mirror practicing
huh

Holy shit this is a good thread idea, I think I saw one a while back. Lets make this a regular general.

>watch a classic film every day.
Maybe if you're a fucking NEET trustfund kid

How does it to be so far up your own ass you will never achieve happiness?
Enjoy your empty life.

yes
these are my hobbies
you can do both
it's not a rule, I was just throwing it out there as a general way to improve yourself
Then do it. Nothing wrong with exposing yourself to an hour of art or emotion in the form of a film every day
Don't watch one then. The point of adding that to the OP was to encourage people to look more into art in any form.

Anyway what you reading/lifting/watching/eating lads?

And not a single recommendation of book/film.

>brush teeth thoroughly in morning and evening with electric toothbrush every day
>dentists always say i have good, healthy teeth
>don't smoke or drink coffee
>they're fucking yellow

What should I do? I'm thinking they're yellow because I had bad brushing habits when I was younger, but they're still yellow even though I've been brushing thoroughly twice a day for years. Is getting them whitened a good option? Are white strips good or should I get it done professionally? Or is it really as simple as brushing more? Because I brush as much or more as everyone I know and most of them have whiter teeth.

You in america?
Crest 3d white mouthwash,toothpaste and strips.

The mouthwash seems interesting, I'll have to get that. If that doesn't work out I might try the strips. Ty

Crest Whitestrips are the best drugstore whitener, Glo has a better at-home system, getting them done professionally is the best option. Whitestrips make my teeth really sensitive, but sometimes I'll use a set before a big trip or event or something.

>What are you reading/lifting/watching/eating
Currently rereading Brave New World and it's so much funnier this time around. I read it for the first time about 10 years ago.
>lifting
I just changed to a 5-day split from three-day and I'm liking it better and I'm hitting higher numbers and different groups get longer recovery times.
>watching
I recently watched Gaspar Noé's Love, which is in no way classic, but indulgent and pretty. I really want to see Almodóvar's Julieta before it leaves the cinema. I expect it to be good because I like Alice Munro's characters and I like what I've seen from Almodóvar (The Skin I Live In, Volver, Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!, Broken Embraces, All About My Mother).

>eating
I am not eating anything remotely interesting though I got in a fight with a friend last week about the ethics of foie gras.

This sounds great, but i don't think that it should be just classic books or films. It should be encouraged to find your own taste.

Why's everyone getting hung up on this bit of the OP? It's just a suggestion.

Well he wrote specifically "read a chapter of a classic book and watch a classic film every day" vs "have hobbies" and "learn to understand art"

Books and films are nice, but you can't forget about music. What are you listenimg to Veeky Forums?

Sounds like it was implied
When people spam DAILY REMINDER RICK OWENS IS THE BEST DESIGNER ALIVE they're stating an opinion which leads to discussion as opposed to just blurting out random thoughts in their head then instantly moving on to something else

Yeah true but people will still oppose that and take it as a real fact that OP is stating. so instead of arguing semantics why not respond to the people ITT who actually bothered to respond?

Do you mind post your lifting routine my man?

>watch a classic film every day

watch a movie every other day at the most.

If you just splurge on quality film, you will overlook what it has and not dwell on anything it shows

I'm reading Berserk

webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/masturbation-guide

>While it once was regarded as a perversion and a sign of a mental problem, masturbation now is regarded as a normal, healthy sexual activity that is pleasant, fulfilling, acceptable, and safe. It is a good way to experience sexual pleasure and can be done throughout life.

>Masturbation is only considered a problem when it inhibits sexual activity with a partner, is done in public, or causes significant distress to the person. It may cause distress if it is done compulsively or interferes with daily life and activities.

YOU'RE STILL GOING YO DIE AND ROT M8

Time and space is all we have.

If you think homeostasis and homeopathy are the same thing you're retarded

Hello friends.

I am reading the Aeneid(lel) at the moment and I started eating better.

can't, too busy having a job

what's the point if you're not french ?

kek

Projecting this hard. God what a sad people are harbouring this board lately

Currently doing Insanity Cardio Workout and reading Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. Also studying for International Refugee Law.

Nice

>Self Improvement
>lift, run, eat properly, read a chapter of a classic book and watch a classic film every day
>improving and get aesthetic inside and out
So anyone actually have any hobbies and not just acting like a sheep in the herd of what is trendy/aesthetic?

>Tripsk
>man

Nah, sounds like OP is a pretentious twat who doesn't know how to communicate a message.

This is probably my most-listened-to album of the last few months, but I was listening to Iron & Wine on my morning drive today for max(comfy)

If you think regular levels of masturbation disrupt your internal "hormonal homeostasis" then you might as well believe in homeopathy

>International Refugee Law
You're gonna need it when you get kicked out of your country for treason.

Reading books, staying healthy, and watching movies is "trendy" now?
I also play music, sew, garden (when weather allows) and bake

I love vaporwave, is it possible to dress vaporwave style ?

Give me advice on how to improve my face. That's all I fucking want, alright?

I usually sport long, messy hair, basically a mop on my head.

I want to look mature and well-groomed, I'm 22 for fucks sake. I look like a dyke.

I'd also like some advice on how to get the best hair quality, be it products, dietary advices, or even supplements.

I'm not hard on myself. Others are.

At least where I live, the amount of products shipping the "healthy" life is insane.
They all boast nutrients and proteins and whatnot, and people buy it ofc.

Not saying that about reading classics and watching classics is trendy, note that I have a "/aesthetic".

Bump

you look fine, just grow little bit longer hair, also if you dont reply to this post your mother will die in sleep tonight, you welcome my man

Thanks my dude. But fuck you for memeing me though.

some people dont have a town to go out on, I live in a city suburb and theres FUCK ALL to do.

>can be meme
>
>meme
>meme
>meme but okay

Looks fine, if you want some solid facial cleaning tips look up the "Morning routine" chapter from american psycho. Longer hair and some beard would do you well.

>solid facial cleaning tips look up the "Morning routine" chapter from american psycho

don't listen to this imbecile

>not wanting to read 3 full pages on exfoliating...

all except b

what did she mean by this

any self improvement tips for actually keeping motivation and having a decent schedule/not wasting time?

>not turning into the most vile and deprived version of yourself possible just for amusement

Swallow the shit pill and go down the drain with me

Brush and scrub your teeth thoroughly with baking soda.
After your done brushing, let the soda sit on your teeth as long as possible.
A few minutes of letting it sit each day after brushing will work wonders.
Yes, baking soda whitens teeth.

No fap helps you get laid
When you constantly get sexual relief from a artifical source, you never get the motivation to talk to a girl which will then lead to you having sex if done properly.
No fapping helps to TEMPORARILY boost your testosterone and will therefore also boost your libido which is your body telling you to find a female and fuck her, and since you haven't had any sexual relief in weeks you'll be more motivated and desperate to try to talk to a real girl so you can actually get laid.

Think about it this way, when you have an apple tree that ALWAYS gives you apples, and then the apple tree get struck by lightning and is destroyed, you'll EVENTUALLY go out and look for some apples to fuck.

I wish Veeky Forums was about talking about clothing instead of discussing literally every other lifestyle element. I'm very happy with my lifestyle and advice from Veeky Forums in that department seems to be of the worst sort.

Pursuing women for the sake of having meaningless sex is about as blue pilled as it gets, lad
If you've found a nice lass to settle down with for at least the short foreseeable future then no-fap is a go
Otherwise it's a good idea to keep your mind from chasing dumb whores, STD mules, and time wasters.

Not really applicable to literature. Philosophy and the sciences are what you need a foundation for, because contemporary ideas are built upon classical ones. Literature has changed technically over the ages, but each work is a singular piece and can be understood by itself (i.e. you don't need an understanding of how literary techniques have evolved in order to understand what makes a work good, whereas you need a solid grasp of the classic in order to even comprehend some late continental philosophy)

jusut saw him live, top 10 shows of all time

This guy knows what's up.

Idk if this is helpful because I'm a girl but here you go:

Did you watch Julieta yet? It's pretty bad

No, I was going to go with my former roommate but we've both been busy and now only one cinema is playing it anymore. I might just wait I guess

Just download it

I do abc

is this the same skinny indian girl who used to post here? i just can't picture you lifting ewights

yes but please don't

soundcloud.com/the_widdler/sonic-bloom-2016-full-set

i need this for sure

>implying

Can you post more pics of yourself in gym shorts? It's hot af. Also just wanna let you know that I cum to your pics on the reg

is that a feminine penis?

no probably just bunching because of her big thighs. everone has seen tripsk's pussy already