I'm prep to death and very sheltered. I don't get out much and I live in the sticks...

I'm prep to death and very sheltered. I don't get out much and I live in the sticks, but I'm moving to a big city that shall remain nameless soon enough.

How do I make my style more rebellious? Even my conceptions of rebellion are like 20 or 30 years out of date.

Basically, my problem is that being clean cut and conservative is sexless or immature. But the end result of maturity is turning into a grey haired conservative who retires his torn jeans to the bottom of the drawer. How do I manage the in-between bit?

actually be cool or move aside

tldr suicide

Why should you manage anything in life? Just be yourself mate, do what you feel is right in your heart and live for yourself. You need no one to tell you what you should do!

Preppy is cooler though. Fuck those faggots
>>right in the mouf

embrace conservatism to it's extreme and dress full fash

I am dissatisfied with my current set of habits. Who I am is someone who is changing and reconsidering himself. Do you have a problem with me being myself?

Probably. But I'm not rich enough to pull off the fratboy prince way o' livin'.

Good rhyme. That post was fun to read in cadence in my head.

full rick

Hmmm. What shoes do you wear? Penny Loafers, Boat Shoes, new balance 993, etc? That's what's gonna help you blend in. Btw: stick with anything drab you've got: forest greens, dark browns, grey trousers or brown. Maybe a light blue ocbd is doable? Pretend like you're going to work in a casual atmosphere. Prep has lots of stuff that work in a non suit/formal workplace. Focus on that. Andrea from Workaholics is good inspo.

Er, Anders. He's far right.

>How do I make my style more rebellious?
>Basically, my problem is that being clean cut and conservative is sexless or immature
You don't need to make your style "rebellious".
Depends also what you mean by rebellious, but I think that you're not in need of wearing rebellious clothing but in need of a style.

>But the end result of maturity is turning into a grey haired conservative who retires his torn jeans to the bottom of the drawer. How do I manage the in-between bit?
The way you write is a bit too cryptic too me, but I'll just assume that you don't like torn jeans?
If you don't like em, don't wear em. A lot about fashion is also to wear what you feel comfortable in, why should you ever wear something your not comfortable or likes just for the sake of fitting in or appealing to others?
I'd say your self-confidence and comfort in the clothing comes first.

So what I recommend you do is lurk more and understand that there's many different type of styles and many different rebellious types, and many other styles which will solve your problem just as well.
If your clothes mainly consisted of clean cut and conservative clothes, then maybe a scandinavian minimalism style would make you feel at home while still being a bit more "rebellious" or playful or what you want to call it.
These brands should give you an idea of what I mean: Our legacy, Acne studios, APC, etc.

being dissatisfied is fine (if its for the right reasons) and trying to change is good and all but you are coming to an anonymous image board for advice on what to mold yourself into so the only part of yourself that you're being is the insecure part that's unable to think for itself

>Even my conceptions of rebellion are like 20 or 30 years out of date.
That sounds pretty fucking cool - being too rebellious for modern "rebels"

uhhh nah hes gonna just look like a grunge/metal waynes world ass pastiche is what he means

What are you trying to rebel against?

this

I suppose I want a new way to relate to the world, and I'm used to treating clothes like a uniform that proclaims that relation. At the moment my style says "Consider the power of compound interest, young man!" and not so much "Let's fuck shit up."

Says the guy who sounds like the moral of the story at the end of a sitcom.
There's such a thing as conversation.

P. much. To be frank, I find hip hop culture intimidating. Doesn't bode well for my career in fucking shit up.

Safety and/or penny pinching

Pretty much anything considered unconventional will express rebellion in a society full of people unwilling to deviate from the norm. You just have to develop your own style and push the boundaries gradually. Surely enough, you'll begin to feel comfortable in things you wouldn't normally consider wearing.

Watch "Rebel Without a Cause" and "East of Eden"

>fun to read in cadence in my head
maybe you should learn what cadence means

Be yourself my dude. These perverted "rebliouz people" are sub human

Aka special snowflake syndrome

So I used to be like you a bit. My mother bought most my clothes so I didn't really give a shit about style or anything, not that I looked bad but I looked decent and I didn't really care at all. Once I started going to college I got more self-conscious about my style and figuring out more who I was, I wanted to more strongly reflect my personality in my clothes as well as start branching out, trying new things and expanding my color palette. Here is what I would do if I was in your shoes now:
1. Go through your closet. NOW. Get read of everything you hated, doesn't fit you well or you doubt. Put the doubt pieces in a pile and come back to them next week. If you still doubt them - get rid of them. The first step is feeling comfortable in the clothes you have --> confidence. Even if they are buttfucking ugly to others, if you feel comfortable in them and like them then fuck everyone else and keep them in your closet. I would say try to minimize your closet as much as possible (you don't need five of the same white t-shirt if you don't wear them every day - I know some people on this board would disagree with me).
2. See what you are missing. Get basics (non flashy, non branded stuff) that is easy to wear with anything. Have a pair of jeans of every color. Get some chinos. Get a flannel, basic t-shirts in different colors and a simple jacket etc. Don't make the mistake of buying super hip, cool or flashy pieces if you don't have the whole outfit to pull them off - you will just look immature. Think about your clothes as a pyramid where you need to build the base first.
3. Wash wash wash. By continuously washing your clothes you will always be able to pick and match the outfit you want. Because your closet is smaller too now, you can easily plan your outfits in your head.

Good luck and just remember - it's your style. Don't try to copy the styles you see on this board, but transform your existing persona + closet into the person you want to become.

>penny pinching
Funny you should say that, because one of the best ways to start wearing unconventional stuff is to thrift it.
There's a lot of stuff out there that's off-the-wall, and you don't have to make a big financial investment to boot.
You'll find yourself reaching for some pieces over other ones, and from there you can extrapolate.
Keep in mind that your style can and will change over time, and you should embrace those changes.
I'd also recommend making a physical or online style board for inspo so you have a clearer idea of what you're looking for. It can be anything from colors, patterns, fits, music even.

In a way thrifting is the opposite of penny pinching, or at least the penny pinching mentality, because it's adventurous and unkempt.

Second hand stuff sends a chill down the back of people who really fear poverty.

maybe you should get a life instead of criticising someones use of cadence on a message board

Not the guy you're talking to and not even interested in this thread but I'm just stopping by to let you know that this is a pathetic argument, if you can even call it that, and you should be ashamed of yourself for typing it, let alone posting it.

not the guy who used cadence but i'm just stopping by to let you know that this is a pathetic argument, if you can even call it that, and it is so braindead and lacks any sort of reasoning that i can copy it exactly for your comment and you should be ashamed of yourself for typing it let alone posting it. You should also get a life btw or at least do something respectable with your time.