Watch General

Last thread died. You know the drill here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5smAVudZrHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>YEAR TWOTHOUSAND TWENTY.
>WEARING WATCHES.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN A RURAL SETTING, AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION, OR PRACTICING A SPORT ACTIVITY, A WATCH IS SUPERFLUOUS.

>2020
>not the current year
>2017
>slipping your hand into your pocket every time you want to know the time

not posting superior speedmaster

>le man on the fucking moon watch
Let me guess Archie, no shitters allowed ITT?

My fav is def the FOIS

>better size
>those hands

I really like this watch but I'm discouraged because
1. it's a bit large
2. not sure it's a good investment

what do you guys think?

go for a vintage equivalent or a poljot with the 3133 movement (although those have doubled in price since they stopped making the movement). I rather like that Junghans, but the size and tryhard nostalgia would annoy me.

underrated post

Did you mean this one?, pretty interesting
any other suggestions?

Automatic chronographs make me hard

Yeah that. It exists in a ~38 mm and a 40+ mm version; and I mean the 38 one of course. I don't think it's automatic though. For vintage auto, your best bet might be vintage seiko bullhead. That OP Junghans is pretty decent though, so don't feel too deterred.

How bout a explorer 2 polar

Was looking at the Garmin fenix watches but they aren't shock resistant.

How shock resistant do you need your watch to be?
They're not going to be "throw out a 7 story building" shock resist like Gshocks, but for everyday use they should do fine.

>tachymètre
>slide rule bezel

why do these complications even exist anymore

useful for pilots or something

I really like this watch, but about a year after I got my first one the crown fell off. I had it repaired, and today the repaired watch broke again. I feel like now might be an alright time to upgrade.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for watches that look like this that aren't Timex? I just don't want my next watch to break like the last ones did, even if I like the old design.

>mom i posted it again XD

Check out Shinola watches

Actually smart watches are becoming more like smart phones (LTE). It will be a matter of choice (depending on what you're wearing and what you're gonna do outside the house).
I haven't worn a watch since i bought my first phone, but when smart watches get better i might consider getting one.

youtu.be/5smAVudZrHc

yeah, about 40 years ago
now it's just dial clutter for larpers that buy breitling
>breitling
lmao

hamilton khaki
seiko field watches
filson watches

I've had a few android wear devices since they came out. They're gimmicks. They need to do a lot better or be 'fashionable' (Apple), before people start wearing smartwatches.

I just bought a 2010 Tag Heuer Link Automatic chrono. did I fuck up? got for cheap.

Seiko 5 SNK80X

I've been looking for an affordable and nice looking quartz watch with moon phase complication for some time and found this from the german brand Ruhla Gardé. Do you guys approve?

There's also a version with a white full lune dial.

weren't you the guy looking for the bathys hawaii lookalike? that's probably the best you're gonna get

bush lied
arabs died

There are some nice Timex and Raketa moonphases on ebay. If you look enough you can find a good deal and one in good condition.

Which vostok is the most effay?

I DO NOT OWN A CELLPHONE —I HAVE NOT OWNED ONE SINCE THE YEAR TWOTHOUSAND SIX—; I HAVE CONSIDERED BUYING A SMARTWATCH, BUT I CANNOT SEEM TO TRANSCEND THE NOTION OF IT STILL BEING A SUPERFLUOUS DEVICE.

WITHIN CIVILIZATION, WORN CASUALLY, IT WOULD EQUIVALENT TO USING A NONSMART WATCH; AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION, IT WOULD BE INAPT TO NATURAL CONDITIONS, SINCE IT IS RELATIVELY FRAGILE, AND REQUIRES CONSTANT CHARGING, AND A MECHANICAL FIELD WATCH WOULD BE APTEST, THEREFORE, A SMARTWATCH SEEMS LIKE YET ANOTHER SUPERFLUOUS ELECTRONIC CONSUMER PRODUCT.

I just bought this formal watch to wear under shirts. did I fuck it up?

Just got the black one, will post pics when it arrives. I've had a look at a lot of quartz timexes, seikos and even the Raketa with moonphase on eBay but never saw one with a design I actually like.
This one is made in Germany by a company with history and uses a Swiss Ronda moonphase quartz movement which seems to be trouble. It was just 60€ in the end. That big moon window and the obviously Bathys inspired look of the black one really made me pull the trigger.

Trouble = reliable*

Are there any decent Bauhaus styled watches under $350 that aren't just clones?

Can anyone help me identify this watch?

its an seikooo

Wtf I love Vostok know.

Seriously. Is this shopped?

If you like it you did good. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

military vintage. get your tank top and your combat boots ready to rock!

looks good to me senpai

Rate pls

Nice, I've started to want to pick up a vintage Girard Perregaux from eBay recently. How much did you pay for it?

I'm surprised so many faggots wear watches with leather bands instead of brackets

They don't work with everything.

I got it off my friend for 20 just got a strap and it turns out its worth 500 to my suprise!!

Look for a model number ABCD-EFGH somewhere on the watch and post it. You may have to take off the back.

>brackets
u wot m8?

Really want this watch. Haven't found a decent one yet but I'll get one for sure

Depends how much you'd be willing to spend. Casio has some nice offerings, seiko and boccia might be able to fit your needs for under $100.

Picked this one up recently, thoughts?

+Very thin
+reasonably sized
+minimalist face
-Gaudy gold

you mixed up + and -

it's too thin. and it needs a leather strap (gold bracelet AND case is overwhelming).

>not liking comfy thin watches.
Not saying that watch in particular is any good but thin watches are maximum comfy.

a watch can certainly be too thin.

Hell yes. I have a Raymond Weil that is about 2 quarters thick. I forget I have it on until I want to check the time. Doesn't get caught on my sleeves and doesn't flop around.

just ordered this, how fucked am i

Looks great. What is it? Why do you people post pictures and then say nothing about it?? What the fuck is it you are posting! Give a description! I am not a watch encyclopedia autist like you guys!

Give me a model number or something!

It looks like a nice hybrid field-dress watch that can dress up or down! But I don't know I am just guessing because you didn't say much about it!

not him but
its an orient flight
if you cant recognize it instantly you should be ashamed
its a great watch gratz

Okay, fine, I'm ashamed, but thank you

What model wears guy on the left? I have seen many similar, but i want exactly this.

seems to me like a rolex oyster

explorer 1 for sure

newer model as it has the more recent SEL oyster bracelet.

Omg, too expensive for me.

orient flight watch, luftwaffe style, looks similar to seiko snk

>if you cant recognize it instantly you should be ashamed

Why are you people such turds? Are you autistic?

Looks great but why should I get it over a SNK809? It costs three times as much.

Wew congrats user, I'm jelly but I have to say that there's something fishy there.
Is your friend a horological pleb who didn't know what he had? Was it his grandpa's or something like that? And why would he sell you it for just $20? That's a really ridiculously little amount of money, he may just given it to you as a present.
Do you have a movement pic? It could happen to be a fake.

>tfw will never own that watch

Such a perfect watch.

Because you don't want it? That's okay -- it's not really a feel worth sharing though. It's not like it's a Rolex where you could buy a car for that money.

penis

haha no. bezel is bulky, golden accents

Talk snatch, post watch :^)

Golden accents are what make it btw

What's the least I can spend on a watch that is quality / durable (I dont want some cheap piece of shit that will just break) bu looks nice.

I have a phone and desu don't really see the use for a non smart watch OTHER than to have an accessory piece for when you want to look nice.

If you don't use a smart phone then you are a basement troll anyways. Do you carry around a laptop every where you go? A smart phone (mini computer) is an amazing tool. :)

$60 seiko 5

what about vostok?

can you get a vostok for $60?

i have a couple of vostoks and a couple of seikos and the seikos look more normal and are easier to set.

You're so fucking foreign that it hurts. I don't mean that in any sort of good connotation.

you can get the komandirskie off ebay for $50 imported straight from russia

>quartz
DON'T

Old favorite

What's wrong with quartz movement? First I've heard of anybody with problems with it
I sure as shit don't wanna wind my watch all the time

I love this, but every time I get a Timex (I bought a and had it repaired), after about a year the fucking crown just snaps off and it stops working. It's driving me nuts because I love the design of the face but I can't justify buying another watch just to have it break again. Has anybody else had this problem with Timex?

god, retards like you are everywhere.

Lorus Lumibrite line

Lorus is a Seiko brand for poorfags btw
but great quality for the money.

this. don't fall for the mechanical meme.

About to pull the trigger. Thoughts?

>Note: I will actually dive in it.

got into Swatch a while ago.
I love this watch so far. so comfy to wear, glows in the dark too, great movement, only downside is loud ticking but I think the irony models will be more silent once I get one. I'm used to it by now.

I got other watches from different brands too cause I know Veeky Forums isn't crazy about that brand.

get something ISO rated like an SKX or Padi Seikos

>proprietary strap
Nope.

I'm fine with just the bracelet.