Tfw you realize day trading isn't the way to money and owning multiple businesses and rental properties and slowly...

>tfw you realize day trading isn't the way to money and owning multiple businesses and rental properties and slowly building your wealth is the only reliable way to do it

no reason to get depressed about it. just means you have a glorious journey of ups and downs ahead of you

Day trading is for autistic faggots.

Would you rather be a modern day Lord with real world assets making money off serfs or some faggot with a lot of digital money?

this

I've come to Veeky Forums a couple times looking for advice to consider, but all I ever see are threads about trading stocks and whatever fad digital currency.

I'm young, I don't need a lot to be happy and I'm willing to work hard. I just need a lead on where to start.

>Day trading is for autistic faggots
How much did you lose?

>owning multiple businesses and rental properties and slowly building your wealth is the only reliable way to do it
is exactly right, you know.
The big numbers on your computer screen (volatile cash riches) are not wealth.

>The big numbers on your computer screen (volatile cash riches) are not wealth.

Because you said so?

I hope you realize that property can fluctuate too. It doesn't just keep going up.

>is exactly right, you know.
I don't remember weighing in on that.
Or talking to you.

>property can fluctuate too

I imagine he's not so worried about the property's value and more about the revenue he generates from renting it.

you make 6k a year minimum on a rental it's a win in my book.

>The big numbers on your computer screen (volatile cash riches) are not wealth.
said no one ever. Wealth is wealth.

check em

Rich =\= Wealthy

>Rich =\= Wealthy
said no one ever. Wealth is wealth.

I don't know why you faggots try to play these defintion games to justify your lack of wealth. Yes, you can be happy, healthy, content and fulfilled without wealth. But stop pretending that you aren't poor.

>Wealth is wealth
It is indeed.
But don't kid yourself, there are wealthy people here. A real low percentage, granted, but here all the same.

>rental properties
>making 140% your investment annually

I mean its lower risk, but if you are starting with a loan, it becomes goys milking goys milking goys

I've talked to a few, they do exist.

I guess I can understand why there's so few.
Kind of like sitting around listening to people debate get rich quick schemes.
Entertaining for awhile, but just makes you shake your head.

>But don't kid yourself, there are wealthy people here.
I don't doubt this, but you're completely missing my point.

Those people don't say stupid things like "Rich =\= Wealthy" or state that portfolio account balances aren't wealth.

>Those people don't say stupid things like "Rich =\= Wealthy" or state that portfolio account balances aren't wealth.
Hard to argue with that.

Rich means having a lot of disposable income, and high cash/ liquid assets. Wealthy means extensive ownership of assets that give you power and influence such as land or businesses.

is right. just like the comedian said, yeah pro baskbetball players are rich. the guy who owns the team is wealthy

Fucking this. You know what wealth is? Its when you have enough money coming in to meet or exceed your expenses and you don't have to lift a fucking finger.

Its not high interest bonds or a killer stock portfolio, its simple, easy, positive, passive cashflow. Its the freedom to quit your job whenever the fuck you want, to not worry about how much a job pays or what benefits it offers, to not be afraid of taking a vacation because of company downsizing, to not get your nuts in a twist, instead getting a hard-on, every time "recession" or "unemployment rates go up" or "business cut-backs" are on the news because it means the time is ripe for doubling down on your investments and getting some great deals.

That's what wealth is, its freedom. Its not being dependent on the whims of the market, but making steady income and being secure regardless of how the market behaves.

Learn what an asset is. Learn what a liability is. Learn how to identify one from the other. Learn how a corporation works and what you need to make one and what benefits and protections is provides. Learn how to read an income statement and a balance sheet.

Then go out and collect assets and remove liabilities.

Liquidity is an important concept, but you're all wrong. Any illiquid asset can be made liquid under the modern banking & finance system. There is literally no asset, no matter how illiquid, that cannot be leveraged into spendable cash.

You guys sound like children discussing nuclear physics. You know it has to do with atoms and stuff, but you have no concept of the realty.

Not realizing wagecuckery is the only safe path
>good guy
>pay down that student loan then get a mortgage
>dreams are for dreamers
>don't forget boss' day bring in a card
>casual Friday. Why aren't you wearing jeans user?

>day trading instead of swing trading or long term investing

bro you're stupid

>safe path
good, goy

The secret to success is to use your business to accumulate capital and not pay bills.

You're just being pedantic at this point.
Even Webster's considers those words synonyms.

Get a 4plex, rent 3 out, live in 4th for free.

>synonyms can't have different nuances

Learn English, autist.

>nuances
>pedantic
Like I said. You're literally arguing about nuance.

>Didn't have enough settled cash in my account to buy wdc puts
>Stock dropped like 15%

WAKE ME UP.

what do you faggots think linkedin is going to do monday. I bought in at 127.50 and not sure whether to hold or not. Looks like it normally goes down on a friday and swings back up on monday but I dunno.

Connotation and nuance are an important part of communication. You're not wealthy, deal with it you autistic richfag.

You have a glorious journey of wagecucking. Life a scam unless you inherit or have a shitton of luck so you can leave the rat race on your 20's.

>You're not wealthy
You know nothing about my finances.
I could break you, mate. In two pieces over my knee.
You know it, I know it.

quit arguing on the internet you fucking faggots

Ok, I'll stop when you stop posting pictures of Cramer and calling everyone 'bro'.

Let me guess, you just started using Robinhood and you realized you're shit at trading. Well no shit dumbass, its a skill like anything else. Learning how to trade effectively takes time and effort. Getting experience and a degree for a good job takes time and effort. Everything that's worthwhile in this world takes time and effort. Arguing about whether money in a brokerage account or in physical assets is better doesn't mean shit if you have neither. Evaluate which form of wealth is better AFTER you get it, jesus.

>you just started using Robinhood
He was doomed right there

>rental properties to make wealth

is this a new meme?

its a relatively low risk and passive investment. if you buy 100 homes that are sub 150k put a down payment on all of them repair and then pay a property manager to deal with the leg work you will make bank. 1 house isn't going to get you rich 100 will.

Not everyone has tens of millions of dollars to invest in real estate

what are you a filthy peasant??? gtfo of my biz

you don't start at 100 retard. work your way up to that. you don't have 20k for a down payment right now?

I own several rentals. It gets the misconception of being a good investment. But it takes a ton of time to make it worthwhile financially and it can be a huge pain in the ass.

Not so true senpai. There are lots of risks in renting. As land lord you're responsible, not the rentors, for keeping the place maintained. A security deposit will only go so far and things are going to break. Do you have the skill to replace a busted pipe? A heating and air conditioning system? Fix a roof? Even if you do that's still money. And what if the rentors skip town or lose their own income? Not to mention if it's hard to find rentors and you still owe either property taxes or mortgage to the bank.

Renting is risky, and it doesn't have the cushion of a diverse area to protect you from market fluctuations. Take it from a risk underwriter who has seen lots of people self admit to being fucked by bad rental properties. You're better off in REITs and stocks which are far more liquid.

Why not?

I think quite a lot of people do pretty well for themselves and generate a pretty reasonable return on capital managing their own finances on a daily basis.

Well.. obviously?

I trade to accumulate enough capital to fund a business. It's a means to an end.

It should be obvious that trading is subject to wild swings in profits and losses.