Would converting to Judaism make me money? I think it's a good idea

Would converting to Judaism make me money? I think it's a good idea.

You have to become active in the community and actually have some talent. The world is full of poor Jews too.

The thing with Jews is that they are very community driven and are very willing to help others in the faith.

Also, nice may may!

A year ago I would have said no, how could it possibly.

Then I did one of those dna tests (23andme) and discovered I'm 1/8 Jewish, which I later confirmed through genealogy. I had no idea at all.

I had £1200 last year, and now I'm worth over £300k. All I did was start a business, apply myself and it came roiling in. Apparently I'm really good with money - who knew. Before I worked a retail job, now I do seo/web hosing and design, and also some day trading.

I'm not saying Judaism makes you rich, but it all changed for me when I embraced it.

Feels good to be a chosen one.

That said, I'm not sure converting will have the same effect. But it's worth a try.

You have to be brought up in it. Bar mitzvahs arr basically networking events, imagine being surrounded by succesful, intelligent people in your family and in your religious community. Its a notoriously exclusive group, if youre willing to throw yourself into it and youre interested in business or specifically finance it certainly will not hinder you, but as an adult it may be too late for that sort of thing.

I'm not memeing.

Jews have an average iq of like 116 or something, so success could be more genetic than anything.

you're on Veeky Forums, your entire life is a fucking meme. just go be a jew like your heart tells you to

How am I a meme? I'm only asking if Judaism will make me money because almost every rich person is jewey.

You are Jewish by blood tho

> (OP)
>Jews have an average iq of like 116 or something, so success could be more genetic than anything.

That's Ashkenazi's.

Ashkenazi/Russian's are like the richest and smartest group of people desu

Almost everyone who has European heritage gets Ashkenazi on 23andme.

Jewish success is primarily genetic, which is why we always hear so much about "Jewish genes" and "Jewish blood".

Converting to the actual religion (which many ethnic Jews do not follow) does jack shit.

Does that means Jews are superior? Does that prove the existence of God?

It proves evolution not god

This is just another get-rich-quick scheme in a different guise, much like The Secret and other such shit.

Judaism is a get rich quick scheme? Did you post in the wrong thread or something?

No, thinking that converting to Judaism will solve your financial problems is like a get-rich-quick scheme.

This user is correct. I have a Jewish buddy who has no involvement with the community. He doesn't attend temple, he only talks to people in his immediate family, he has no real Jewish friends outside of his summer camp friends, etc. The irony is that he wants to be a writer for TV, but has zero connections in New York or Hollywood. A Jew without connections is basically a goy.

>A Jew without connections is basically a goy.

No, it's because Jews are just regular people you dumb /pol/ fucks. What you're talking about is the elite. The Elite "Jews" don't give a shit about someone with a circumcised dick who follows Judaic traditions and more than the "Goy" who doesn't.

This is like saying "Should I learn Italian and learn about the Italian culture to get Italian Mafia connections?". Lmao.

Your analogy would only work if Italians had the same sort of cultural exclusiveness that Jews do. I'm not a fucking /pol/ack. I know many Jews and they complain frequently about the nepotism and how they'll exclude their own if they speak out against things like Israel.

>I know many Jews and they complain frequently about the nepotism and how they'll exclude their own if they speak out against things like Israe

I'm partly Jewish and I have lived in Israel.

There's no fucking "special connections" in business, or anything. If you're part of the elite then sure, but otherwise it's no different networking in the black community, white community, asian community or somalian community.

Converts are never truly considered jewish

Anyone that is not from birth is goyim

the people on this board don't want to tell you their secret, but at least 88% of all major bank transactions require you to be 14% Jewish.

Nobody. NOBODY implied it was "special." What was implied is that it is largely a tight-nit, more exclusive community.

>no different networking in the black community
I agree 100%. Rich black people often favor poor black people when looking for charity work, new hires, etc. The black community is entirely exclusive and highly values its "membership".

>white, asian
No. Those communities are not similar. White people, barring racists, do not believe in "helping the white community". Similarly, Asians tend to be more concerned with assimilating into mainstream society than anything else.

>Somalian community
No fucking idea.

It's ridiculous to think there's some giant global Jewish network like /pol/ does. But it's equally ridiculous to think that Jews ended up in such large numbers in certain industries by chance. They did it by networking and favoring other Jews. Not to the point that they rejected prospects who were qualified in favor of those who were unqualified but Jewish, but enough to the point that industries like film can have a Jewish population that is many, many, many times greater than their proportions in the general population. Unless you want to argue that Jews just happen to love movies more than other people, there HAS to be a cultural explanation, m80. This cannot be denied.

>Unless you want to argue that Jews just happen to love movies more than other people, there HAS to be a cultural explanation, m80. This cannot be denied.

I'd say it's probably because their elite just somewhere along the way got very popular in those spheres.

"Regular" old Jews don't really have any upper-hands. I've lived in Israel, I didn't have any particular connections, neither did any of my friends there(some might have I guess).

It's not like you celebrate your 19th birthday and then your Jewish relative whispers to you "Pssttt kid, we've been watchin ya... How about you come work for us at an analyst position over at Goldman Sachs? We want you kid, you're going places, just call this number and extension and say Uncle SchlomoBerg sent ya, you're a good kid sport. Keep it quiet!"

And no you're wrong. Every community has its "exclusive clubs". The Chinese have some Chinese mafia shit all over the world involved in all kinds of crime, etc etc etc. But if you're a regular law-abiding Chinese it's not like you somehow happen to get involved in Organized Chinese Crime just because you're Chinese if you don't have family in it or something.

If he has a Jewish surname, he'll be fine Hollyweird without wasting time on temple.

You really don't seem to understand what I'm saying, user. I don't know why you keep trying to present my argument as if I believe there's a secret club.

It's not absurd to say that, in general, a group of people with shared cultural heritage might display certain traits. It really isn't. Moreover, saying "i lived in Israel" is irrelevant considering the diaspora have a distinctly different culture in each country.

Converting to Judaism and changing your last name to something that sounds jewish must cost very little for the potential return.

You have to be born a real jew to automatically earn them shekels, though, bra.

Isn't it enough that life beings need H2o for the cells to make combustion to make life, isn't it a good proof?

There are non-believers that always say: "dude there are so many planets out there in the universe, it's impossible we have to be alone, I'm sure there is extra-terrial life"

Oh yea baby, in your dreams ofcourse.

But out of those million probabilities to have life in any of those galaxies, solar systems, planets....

THERE IS NONE.

ALL LIFE BEINGS THERE COULD BE are in this planet that most of us call Earth.

Isn't it a good proof that we have thousands of species in this planet?

If you are the sort of person that says there are many probabilities for life beings to exist out of this planet, then that beta lifebeing we call, "satan" (which btw hes an alpha wannabe) has impaled your ass real deep.

Cont.

So where are all your chances for having life outside from this planet now, huh?

God does exist, and if you think he doesn't you are satan's worker and you will never become an Alpha male, which is what satan wants, to make you as beta as possible.

I'm done offtopic(ing) this thread.

Where can you change your last name? can you do that in the US?

no

anyone here jewish btw?